KI lets slip plans for 2019 exist on IG today?

BruceWayneWins

36 minutes ago, AZ Kinda Guy said:

#RMCTheBeast 

I'm 90% sure there would be a riot from both the GP and the enthusiast community if KI decided to RMC The Beast or Racer, for that matter. I'm more certain we'd get a ground-up RMC than have one of those two get RMC'd. 

However, I'm more sure that Racer could be retracked (hasn't this already occurred to an extent?) and I wouldn't have as much of a problem.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, starlitfire said:

I'm 90% sure there would be a riot from both the GP and the enthusiast community if KI decided to RMC The Beast or Racer, for that matter. I'm more certain we'd get a ground-up RMC than have one of those two get RMC'd. 

However, I'm more sure that Racer could be retracked (hasn't this already occurred to an extent?) and I wouldn't have as much of a problem.

I think you are giving the GP community too much credit.  I doubt they would even know.

The enthusiasts would probably be split but get over it.  The firefight over it would be crazy to watch though.

9 minutes ago, Gannersdaddy said:

I think you are giving the GP community too much credit.  I doubt they would even know.

The enthusiasts would probably be split but get over it.  The firefight over it would be crazy to watch though.

I think you're giving too little credit to the GP community, lots of people LOVE The Beast the way it is. 

• Like 4

^
If you look at what I would call a "GP" poll (from a regular news site, not a amusement park fan site like KIC, TPR, etc etc.) Beast almost always wins when the topic is "favorite Kings Island roller coaster). For example, here is a poll run before the park opened this year by Cincinnati.com... (Some people here may have voted in this and remember it- I did...)

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2018/04/09/less-than-week-until-kings-island-opens-lets-reminisce-lets-vote-our-favorite/489217002/

Beast won, with 100+ more votes than 2nd place Diamondback. Also Flight of Fear votes were being pushed by the Premier Rides Facebook Page (no other company was pushing their rides in this poll) allowing it to get 3rd. Another poll I remember was done in 2014, before Banshee opened, and I can't confirm this 100% because the page was deleted but Beast took over 40-50% of the total votes in that poll and won as well (Diamondback was the runner-up there too). It also gets pretty long lines on even mildly busy days, in spite of being able to handle over 1,000 riders per hour (and if the park closes at 10 or later and it gets dark, the line gets even longer as people want their night rides). Even enthusiast polls rank Beast fairly highly- it's 43rd on the Coasterbuzz 100, with a average rating of 4.28 out of 5, putting it ahead of rides like SheiKra, Raptor, The Raven, and Kingda Ka. It was also in the Top 50 usually on the Mitch Hawker poll, which was VERY enthusiast-centric. These are signs that the coaster is successful, and you don't RMC coasters that don't need it, unless you want to get the huge fan backlash. (Not to mention RMC has had some issues, which would make the Backlash 10x worse if repeated) As much as I love Steel Vengeance, and want to see Kings Island get its own RMC monster, I would rather see KI build something from the ground-up than convert Beast, or Racer for that matter. I would be happy to see either of the classic woodies get some re-tracking at least though, they are both running pretty rough this season, and I don't think too much major work has been done on Beast since it got a major re-track in 2014 (I remember it felt super smooth that year).

Also I don't think there will be any new coaster in 2019, as usually there are teasers, and we know Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds are both getting big new coasters, along with maybe Dorney Park as well. My guess is, for 2019, Kings Island will probably get some flat rides or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have to say this season, Racer is running the best it has been in years.  It also constantly leads the park in rider count, so its still doing something right even though the GP isn't exactly thrilled with it anymore.  

If it had the trims taken off on the turn arounds, it'd be an airtime monster on the return run.  I've encountered bits bordering on ejector air on it this season.  

Now if we could only get the park to repaint it and get the trains to sync better on the lift hills.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, McSalsa said:

Also I don't think there will be any new coaster in 2019, as usually there are teasers, and we know Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds are both getting big new coasters, along with maybe Dorney Park as well. My guess is, for 2019, Kings Island will probably get some flat rides or something.

I would be so happy for Dorney Park if they were to get something new for once instead of some other parks hand me downs. That park has so much potential and it's sad that hardly anyone visits Dorney Park. As for Kings Island, maybe they'll finally get Les Taxi back.

• Like 1

On Instagram today the Kings Island PR page followed the trend of letting people ask them questions and they'd answer.  One of them asked when the next roller coaster was coming and KI responded "There is still a lot of fun and excitement in front of us for the 2018 season.  We'll get to 2019 at a later date!  I'll include a screen shot.
ki2019.thumb.jpg.20a9ef9ebdd8cda435623f395515db32.jpg

I can confirm nothing was slipped. The PR department at Kings Island is top notch. It’s just some people reading into it too much. The park just wants you to enjoy what’s going on this season. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I agree that some flat rides or a wild mouse would be a great addition to Kings Island.  I would love it if they got a flat ride package like Carowinds got a few years ago.  

Dorney is a great park.  I went there about five years ago.  I really enjoyed their classic Whip ride.  Talon was good as well.  Still need to get there with my wife, but that is on our list of places to go.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Rumor has it that they were originally going to be an Addams Family themed wild mouse type ride in that area.

I had always heard it was going to be similar in nature to Mystery Mine.  I wonder if there was ever any substance to any of this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HandsUp said:

Always seemed like that grassy area near the DB, across from the flower clockwould be a great spot for a flat or small coaster like a wild mouse

Bring back antique cars! Or something similar. Down low, so it doesn't mess with sight lines of stunt coaster, or the tower, or DB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I had always heard it was going to be similar in nature to Mystery Mine.  I wonder if there was ever any substance to any of this.

I had taken a survey that described the ride and had a few concept photos.

I can't find any of the photos, but here's the thread from this website in which it was discussed.

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I do remember that. Other options were a Spongebob Car Wash and an indoor snow play area.

Don't forget "Flight of Fear retrofitted into a knock-off Rock N' Roller Coaster featuring MTV theming."

Would've loved to have seen how many new lights wouldn't work after two seasons and how the queue would still be showing music videos from circa 2005-07. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Don't forget "Flight of Fear retrofitted into a knock-off Rock N' Roller Coaster featuring MTV theming."

Would've loved to have seen how many new lights wouldn't work after two seasons and how the queue would still be showing music videos from circa 2005-07. 

MTV’s Sound Wave Coaster was the name, I think.

• Like 1

^If memory serves, KD closed theirs down for that conversion right before Cedar Fair purchased the Paramount Parks, then they returned it to running as it has been originally. 

I also recall a rumor that Paramount was in the works of doing a ride rotation program similar to what SIX did that started with Stealth moving to Carowinds and included either KD's or KI's Flight of Fear and Hypersonic XLC.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^If memory serves, KD closed theirs down for that conversion right before Cedar Fair purchased the Paramount Parks, then they returned it to running as it has been originally. 

I also recall a rumor that Paramount was in the works of doing a ride rotation program similar to what SIX did that started with Stealth moving to Carowinds and included either KD's or KI's Flight of Fear and Hypersonic XLC.  

Rumor at the time was that KD’s FOF was going (possibly to Carowinds) and that KI’s might be moved next. I never heard the rumor that the KD one was being closed for the retrofit but anything is possible.

The Addams Family ride, for me, is the biggest "what if" of the Paramount Parks era. Not only do I love those movies, but I grew up with reruns of both The Addams Family and The Munsters, as well as Scooby Doo, Casper, Tales From the Crypt, Amazing Stories, Eerie Indiana, and anything else creepy, kooky, and spooky. Along with movies being my one true addiction, I would have eaten it up. 

I never quite understood why we never had rides designed after Mission: Impossible and Star Trek, but I guess it's all moot now. 

• Like 1

Maybe if what is true (is it?) that if the flyers down at Carowinds can't get its permits okayed for next year either, then we can hope for the return of The Flying Eagles brought back to KI?  It's probably a long shot.  Or they could put in a Wheel of Fortune type ride there.  

• Like 1

The park definitely needs a few more flat rides like Carowinds got last year.  Especially in Oktoberfest which was originally a flat ride area.   That area has been lacking anything much for about 20 years......

Screamscape is rumoring Racer retracking and light package.    They mentioned that RMC sells topper track which would smooth the ride out.
Wishing - if they were really going to remodel that coaster, I wish they would demolish where the turnaround splits out so far, and rebuild it so the trains stay together with some kind of dueling turnoaround. Also wish they would put the last drop back in with a tunnel like Racer 75 and Thunder Road (had).

Vortex would be a great coaster if it had a track system by a better manufacturer.  Except for that sharp brutal turn around before the break run.

I always thought Adventure Express should be extended to have another section with a giant 540 or 900 degree helix at the end and a long tunnel.  Remarketed as a Barvarian Mt Railway with winter theming......

Remodeling coasters is a great concept.  These parks are  maxed out with coasters.   Renovating them gives new life and the ability to market a new ride, with lesser of an investment.

But lets hope they are willing to spend a few $ on the stinking bathrooms that date back to the 70s......Or renovating I-Street to give it a better sit-and-relax atmosphere like Kings Dominion.  The cheap white picnic tables right on the main walkways offering no shade in the daytime are very trashy.   These are two major items that keep this park in the B class category at best.

• Like 1