KI lets slip plans for 2019 exist on IG today?

BruceWayneWins

23 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I would love to see something new here for next season. Tilt-a-whirl, second set of flyers?

20170727_184004.jpg

That area makes me sick every time I walk by.  one of the most glorious flat rides ever was located there.  Zodiac.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, super7 said:

The park definitely needs a few more flat rides like Carowinds got last year.  Especially in Oktoberfest which was originally a flat ride area.   That area has been lacking anything much for about 20 years......

Screamscape is rumoring Racer retracking and light package.    They mentioned that RMC sells topper track which would smooth the ride out.
Wishing - if they were really going to remodel that coaster, I wish they would demolish where the turnaround splits out so far, and rebuild it so the trains stay together with some kind of dueling turnoaround. Also wish they would put the last drop back in with a tunnel like Racer 75 and Thunder Road (had).

Vortex would be a great coaster if it had a track system by a better manufacturer.  Except for that sharp brutal turn around before the break run.

I always thought Adventure Express should be extended to have another section with a giant 540 or 900 degree helix at the end and a long tunnel.  Remarketed as a Barvarian Mt Railway with winter theming......

Remodeling coasters is a great concept.  These parks are  maxed out with coasters.   Renovating them gives new life and the ability to market a new ride, with lesser of an investment.

But lets hope they are willing to spend a few $ on the stinking bathrooms that date back to the 70s......Or renovating I-Street to give it a better sit-and-relax atmosphere like Kings Dominion.  The cheap white picnic tables right on the main walkways offering no shade in the daytime are very trashy.   These are two major items that keep this park in the B class category at best.

Do you think Kings Island has done a good job the past 4 years on what they've added and updated?   

I do think KI has lost some of its wow factor, losing Les Taxis, The Flying Eagles, Phantom Theater, Oktoberfest Ferris Wheel, bigger log flume,  theming and landscaping.  I know it must be a pain for the park, when people look back and see what's gone and then compare it to today.

They have brought some of these things back, classic music on I-Street, Winterfest and Peanuts Celebration (not brought back but still new) and more landscaping this year around the park.

I feel like from what Mike Knootz said at Coasterstock,  they'll work on Coney Mall some more with maybe a new flat ride, and hopefully on making International Street more beautiful again like it was around 2000,  and here's wishing they don't cut anymore of the branches off the tree's near the Royal Fountain, the shade is half gone now...

• Like 1

While being interested in Kings Island history, I find looking at the queue from roughly-twenty-five-seasons-since-removed Flight Commander kind of interesting. Having said that, one of the most amazing things I can think of about Kings Island is the fact they haven't done anything with a queue from a ride that was removed approximately twenty five seasons ago.  Astounding.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KIfan73 said:

While being interested in Kings Island history, I find looking at the queue from roughly-twenty-five-seasons-since-removed Flight Commander kind of interesting. Having said that, one of the most amazing things I can think of about Kings Island is the fact they haven't done anything with a queue from a ride that was removed approximately twenty five seasons ago.  Astounding.

It was a unique queue system.  Riders go on from the inside the circle of pods and exited by the outside of the circle of pods.  There is a lot of structure there and that is one of the reasons a skyroller makes sense.  I'm not sure, but I believe the same type of loading system would work nicely.

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

It was a unique queue system.  Riders go on from the inside the circle of pods and exited by the outside of the circle of pods.  There is a lot of structure there and that is one of the reasons a skyroller makes sense.  I'm not sure, but I believe the same type of loading system would work nicely.

I'm pretty sure the tunnel that used to run from the queue up to the center of the pad has since been filled in with concrete, so whether it would work or not it is now unfeasible. 

9 hours ago, super7 said:

Screamscape is rumoring Racer retracking and light package.    They mentioned that RMC sells topper track which would smooth the ride out.
Wishing - if they were really going to remodel that coaster, I wish they would demolish where the turnaround splits out so far, and rebuild it so the trains stay together with some kind of dueling turnoaround. Also wish they would put the last drop back in with a tunnel like Racer 75 and Thunder Road (had).

Looking at the Instagram posts that the park has been making featuring The Racer, I'd be pretty surprised if the park was giving it anything more than a retrack and new lighting. It seems that the way they're putting it in the spotlight shows that it's still a very important ride at the park as is.

Screamscape also mentioned that Robb Decker was seen near The Racer. Was he involved with the Ghostrider renovation in 2016?

9 hours ago, super7 said:

Remodeling coasters is a great concept.  These parks are  maxed out with coasters.   Renovating them gives new life and the ability to market a new ride, with lesser of an investment.

But lets hope they are willing to spend a few $ on the stinking bathrooms that date back to the 70s......Or renovating I-Street to give it a better sit-and-relax atmosphere like Kings Dominion.  The cheap white picnic tables right on the main walkways offering no shade in the daytime are very trashy.   These are two major items that keep this park in the B class category at best.

Ask Universal about their dueling coaster...between that and the loose article issues at Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point, I don't see a dueling coaster in our future...

Mean Streak at Cedar Point was remodeled to Steel Vengeance and Hurler at Kings Dominion was remodeled to Twisted Timbers...How is that working out for them in terms of operation and attendance...

Many of the bathrooms have been updated...which one dates back to the 70s?

7 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Ask Universal about their dueling coaster...between that and the loose article issues at Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point, I don't see a dueling coaster in our future...

Mean Streak at Cedar Point was remodeled to Steel Vengeance and Hurler at Kings Dominion was remodeled to Twisted Timbers...How is that working out for them in terms of operation and attendance...

I could see them doing the topper track as a revamp thing that creates a smoother ride but maintains the original integrity of the ride. I haven’t been on any of these but I have heard they are very smooth.

23 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I could see them doing the topper track as a revamp thing that creates a smoother ride but maintains the original integrity of the ride. I haven’t been on any of these but I have heard they are very smooth.

RMC's topper track coasters are indeed pretty smooth, Goliath especially. Also I remember before Georgia Cyclone was removed the topper track installed on the first third of the ride felt GREAT, and the old PTCs tracked pretty well! I think if KI added topper to the ride while still keeping the PTC trains it would be awesome, especially if the park removed the trims on the turnarounds! While they're at it, I at least hope a fresh paint job is in the works. Bring back the red track and blue handrails please!

9 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

Do you think Kings Island has done a good job the past 4 years on what they've added and updated?   

I do think KI has lost some of its wow factor, losing Les Taxis, The Flying Eagles, Phantom Theater, Oktoberfest Ferris Wheel, bigger log flume,  theming and landscaping.  I know it must be a pain for the park, when people look back and see what's gone and then compare it to today.

They have brought some of these things back, classic music on I-Street, Winterfest and Peanuts Celebration (not brought back but still new) and more landscaping this year around the park.

I feel like from what Mike Knootz said at Coasterstock,  they'll work on Coney Mall some more with maybe a new flat ride, and hopefully on making International Street more beautiful again like it was around 2000,  and here's wishing they don't cut anymore of the branches off the tree's near the Royal Fountain, the shade is half gone now...

I think Cedar Fair has done a  good job restoring the park after Paramount devastated it.   Especially considering that before the purchase of the former Taft parks, Cedar Fair did not seem to care anything about theming.  They have rebuilt the infrastructure with new pavement, new buildings (that are in theme!) like the funnel cake shop in Rivertown and the new Bar-b-que.      They have done a good job with the landscaping, especially making sure the clock is landscaped and working, the liberty bell, the calendar and the mini Eiffel Tower.  

The bathrooms are still an area of contention.  They look (and smell) like they are the original bathrooms.   I-Street could be amazing if they would make it like King's Dominions with isolated areas from the walkways with umbrella tables to sit and exist by the fountain.  I believe the sitting areas are closer to the water at KD to accomplish that.  Kd's entrance is one of the most wonderful places just to sit and relax, and KI could accomplish that.  But right now its pretty trashy feeling with those white tables with no shade.....

Oktoberfest is really due for something to make it alive again.   Its a pretty slow area as-is.  A flat ride package would be the right thing for that.

The parks need more things for non-thrill riders.  They seem to be missing that market of people (parks like Disney and Dollywood sell a lot of tickets to people that don't like thrill rides).   Some slower rides like a monorail, skyway, slow ferris wheel (the Zodiac was perfect!) and more shows would fill that gap.

Overall, I am thankful the parks got out of Paramounts hands.  I think I would not be going there if they still were!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Dueling Dragons was not a good concept.  Aiming inverteds at each other where things could fling off.    Hersheypark's Lightning racer has a dueling turn that works great.  It's isn't designed to fling shoes off of people like Dragons.

The only modern bathroom I can think of is across from the Burrito Shack.

The ones at Action Zone and festhaus are Ok but definitely dated.  They at least don't smell.  

The ones at log flume, stunt coaster, WindSeeker definitely smell of urine when you walk in and need attention.

1 hour ago, super7 said:

Dueling Dragons was not a good concept.  Aiming inverteds at each other where things could fling off.    Hersheypark's Lightning racer has a dueling turn that works great.  It's isn't designed to fling shoes off of people like Dragons.

The ones at Action Zone and festhaus are Ok but definitely dated.  They at least don't smell.  

The ones at log flume, stunt coaster, WindSeeker definitely smell of urine when you walk in and need attention.

I greatly prefer the ones that have air conditioning. Invertigo bathroom being the best.

I can’t believe we are talking about this... :D

7 hours ago, super7 said:

I agree the bathrooms are pretty out dated, BUT! The ones on I street this year (2018) got updated mens and womens. The ones by Racer too were updated couple years ago they look great! The ones by WindSeeker were updated in 2011 dont look to bad either. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 7:59 PM, Kenban said:

Unless it is small we are not getting a coaster in 2019.  2020 is likely though so would not be surprised to see land clearing by this time next year.

From an inside source, they are supposed to be starting to build a coaster like Cedar Point millinium, only bigger. 

The 2018 update to the men’s room on I street was horrible.  For those that have little ones that need to use a real toilet, there is only one stall (and there is always a line for it).  Once inside the gate, the next nearest is Action Zone or festhaus (or the one family by the women’s) and sometimes little bladders can’t hold any longer or make it to the next one.  And if you are a larger male adult, good luck squeezing into the closely spaced dividers like a sardine.  The update to the men’s was definitely poorly designed and executed.

1 hour ago, Winterfestguy said:

The 2018 update to the men’s room on I street was horrible.  For those that have little ones that need to use a real toilet, there is only one stall (and there is always a line for it).  Once inside the gate, the next nearest is Action Zone or festhaus (or the one family by the women’s) and sometimes little bladders can’t hold any longer or make it to the next one.  And if you are a larger male adult, good luck squeezing into the closely spaced dividers like a sardine.  The update to the men’s was definitely poorly designed and executed.

To be fair, I've been coming to Kings Island since 2010, and that restroom has always (in that time, at least) had only one stall. No, it's not good design, but let's not manufacture a connection between it and this year's restroom "updates" where one doesn't exist.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:45 PM, Winterfestguy said:

My biggest issue with the park is the lack of family bathrooms. They tote a friggin Golden Ticket for best Kid's Area for what, 15 years? Yet kiddie land has three family bathrooms, if you count the family center's two. More often than not outside the family center every family bathroom is taken up by some lazy dude that wants to stretch out while he relieves himself for 25 minutes, while I'm standing outside with a 3 year old who is saying it hurts because she is holding it so hard.

Take them into the men's room you say? The I-street as pointed out has one stall for how many thousands of people walk through the gates? Even if there are more stalls they are all ****ed all over, the floor is wet with things I don't even want to think about, and the high pressure air dryers scare my kids so bad they **** themselves again (not kidding). Who the heck though a concrete rectangle with no sound absorption was the best place to have a 100+ decibel air dryer festival? No short sinks, and soap dispensers that anyone under 5 feet tall can't reach.

• Like 5