Soak City Glow Party

BoddaH1994

I got to attend the Soak City Glow Party that ended its 3 night run tonight. I now wish I could have attended the first night so I would have time to recommend that others check it out. This was a fantastic event that involved a live band, a very interesting “silent disco” and tons of other activities. The water park really did look great with extra lights and decor. Hats of to KI for an awesome event. Hopefully it will be back next year. Did anyone else get to attend?

C065A3AE-298F-4BF2-B084-08BC053916D4.jpeg

DA998AC2-0735-42CE-B03E-61405805CEAC.jpeg

• Like 1

We actually left right before it started tonight.  I wanted to stay and check it out but we started the day at 10 this morning and everyone was just partied out by 8.

I don’t plan on ending the day at SC and was parked on the boulevard not to far from the sign.  Of course Dad got voted to retrieve the car.  It doesn’t look like that far, but it sure is a long, hot and boring walk from SC all the way to the sign.  Better alone though than with the kids.    <_<

I went on Friday. I also was feeling pretty tired by the time I got over there (about 9:30), since I'd been at the park all day. I walked, because I barely missed the train and as tired as I was, I knew it was going to be almost 10 if I waited for the single train on the track to get back and take it over. I got there before the train had left the Soak City station again.

So, when I got there, sitting and listening to a live band was just the thing I needed, and they were really good. They went on a half hour break once the fireworks started, so I took the opportunity to check out some of the other things going on. There were a lot of things I could see would be fun, but I wasn't really into myself. The decorations were all pretty cool. 

Toward the end of the band's break, I realized I was hungry and started to check out the food options. Thought it was strange that no prices were listed at the little stands (which were, I believe, some of the houses used as shops under the Eiffel Tower last Winterfest), but ultimately saw they were selling food tickets at one end for $6 each ($5 if you have a gold or platinum pass) that could be used for any of the food offerings. 

I got the plantain chips (tostones, I think they were called) with ginger lime syrup. I think I am going to have dreams about that syrup for quite some time, it was soooooooo good. If I had attended again, I would have liked to try the barbacoa tacos and Mexican corn as well. I feel like $5 was a very fair price for specialty food inside the park, especially for as much as I got.

When I decided to head back over to the dry park for late ERT, once again the train was pulling away as I got nearby. So really my only major complaint about the event was having only one train running. 

• Like 2

It seems like they may be having these type of events to try new food options before rolling them out to the general “menu” wish the park had more creative food on an ongoing basis. I think these type of events are a great way to engage a local AP crowd by giving something new without major investments in rides every season.