Plus size riders, what can I ride?

SheilaET

I am considering going to Kings Island but would like to hear fro people that weigh 200-215pounds whether or not they fit on the roller coasters. My husband and I love roller coasters and pretty much they are why we visit amusement parks but we have both gained weight, I am 5'5 and weight somewhere between 210 and 215, not sure about my husband but I would guess about the same weight wise but he is about 3 inches taller, my weight is about evenly distributed but husband carries his in his midsection. Thanks for any replies you can give.

• Like 1

Last season I was 240 ish and could BARELY get the restraint locked on Drop Tower. Everything else I was good on, and had a little "wiggle room".

I have gained 10 since that ride on Drop Tower, so I would probably not fit.

I would say at 215, 220 you should be fine. If you are "chesty" you may have difficulty.

Im 6'0 and around 235 pounds. I was around the same weight last year and i have grown a bit taller so I may fit more comfortably on rides. I also carry my weight pretty well and I can fit on any ride but I have yet to try Drop Tower.

• Like 1

I'm 240 lbs...but, also, 6'6". I have to scrunch down a bit on Drop Tower, and Vortex.

That said, due to that, I think that I have ridden my last rides on Vortex. That ride just beats the stuffing out of me anymore. Rougher than a night in jail, even in 5-1.

• Like 3

Shape not weight is what it all comes down to like others have said. Diamondback is all about the hips and butt. Drop Tower is about the shoulders and chest. I am walking around at 5'7 250ish, thank you long Ohio Winter. I fit on everything at KI, CP and any other park I have been too which is a lot. But Drop Tower is a squeeze and always has been because of my shoulders, whether I weighed 220 or 250.

• Like 2

I'm 240 lbs...but, also, 6'6". I have to scrunch down a bit on Drop Tower, and Vortex.

That said, due to that, I think that I have ridden my last rides on Vortex. That ride just beats the stuffing out of me anymore. Rougher than a night in jail, even in 5-1.

Ooh, you're right at the height limit... I hope you can ride Banshee :o

• Like 1

Vortex beats the ever living snot out of me as well. Then again some refer to that as your standard Arrow ride experience and love it. I for one am not sure if Vortex is riding more like Drachen Fire every year or if its just me getting older.

• Like 3

Being a small guy, I can't help you much, but I will say that it depends more on your individual proportions. Nobody can tell you what you can and cannot fit on based on height and weight. Each ride is different, based on the type of restraint; some rides are more friendly to large stomachs/waists and less so to large thighs, while other rides are the other way around. If you're concerned about fitting, Diamondback and Delirium have test seats at the entrance you can try, while on all other rides you can enter through the exit to test-fit the seat before waiting in line.

Finally, this is one of the most common questions on here; play around with the search function and you'll turn up plenty of past threads about this subject. :)

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 1

I'm small so I can't give an opinion on the matter but I will add that Vortex beats me up, too.... so my rides on it are limited. SOB also beat me up but that's completely irrelevant now lol

• Like 1

Last season I weighed around 220-225 and I'm a 5'2" female, I fit on everything pretty well though. My weight distribution is mostly in my belly and thighs and I was kinda stuck in a "click" of the Diamondback that wouldn't quite go down far enough to the next one, but there was a lot of room and I didn't feel comfortable going with no hands, that was the only issue!

Since then I've slimmed down to 165 and I'm excited to see how I will fit in all the restraints. ALL OF THEM =D

• Like 6

I'm 5'6" and used to be 200+, and carried most of my weight in my stomach and thighs. I always managed to fit on the rides, although some of them could be tight squeezes - off the top of my head I remember feeling a bit squished in The Racer and Beast trains and on one WindSeeker ride they had to help push the lap bar down tight. I never had issues on Diamondback. No one can guarantee anything until you try them for yourselves but hopefully that information will help give you a better idea of what to expect.

• Like 2

Ooh, you're right at the height limit... I hope you can ride Banshee :o

I can...I have the "slouch" down pat.

• Like 1

You should be fine. I have been as high as 245 at 5 ft 2 and rode ok. Adventure Express and Racer are ones I usually have problems on. Gotta get back in my weight loss mindset. Hit a rough patch over the winter with pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. My weight problem is 255 and 5'7". I love roller coasters and can fit into all coasters at KI with a little help from the ride attendants. They push down on the lap bar and it works fine for me. Banshee was a little tight and needed more help than usual but I was able to ride in all seats. Row 4 has a little bit more room for bigger people but not much. I have always struggled with the weight and was not allowed to ride one year because of my weight. I made a pledge to myself to get better and the next year I was ok. Looking to improve even more this year so I won't need any help on that lap bar by the end of the year. I hope this helps. But the ride attendants are accommodating to make sure you can ride if you use the exit ramp and ask politely if you can try a seat. Enjoy your time at KI this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 3

I have a couple of friends with similar proportions and both my parents are bigger. The only rides they have trouble with or can't fit on are Drop Tower and sometimes have issues with WindSeeker as well, but have had no troubles with the other rides.