Plus size riders, what can I ride?

SheilaET

Row 4 has a longer belt to allow non skinny people to ride. There is a seat outside the queue to try. I would recommend trying that before you get in line. I am smaller than you, but my biggest area is my midsection and it was snug. The harness has some give and it was not uncomfy. I was able to ride in every row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5'7 and 255lbs and I can fit on everything except Diamondback(haven't been yet to try Banshee) The main concern is NOT about your actual weight but how it's distributed. I have a big booty and juicy thighs("I get it from my momma" -Juvenile...LOL) so Diamondback doesn't work for me. There are people who are 300lbs + that can ride because they have smaller legs so you really can't go by weight. I think you'll be fine. When in doubt try out the test seats if they have them. Anyways....Have fun!!!!

• Like 3

I am 5'10" and 180 and have a difficult time getting on Drop Tower due to my chest size. (Thanks P90X3).

Last season it was rough, this season I am sure will be even harder due to another round of X3.

Guess I will have to learn to squish down into the seat.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Ride op had me do something I've never done before, cross my ankles and she got the last click down 3x easier. Never thought about it but it seemed to help.

^ That's weird. I can't figure out how that helps. It would be interesting to hear an explanation of how it does from someone with relevant knowledge.

Crossing of the ankles would cause the muscles in the thighs and stomach to constrict (where ever you are sitting raise your legs and cross your ankles), this move also will cause you to roll your hips in and making a tighter profile of your mid to lower section. Not to mention that doing so also causes your back to go just a little bit straighter.

• Like 6

Quicky height question. Is it Guest Relations that handles the red bracelet for children's height?

It will really speed things along next trip.

No, Guest Relations cannot do height measurements. There are two height measurement stations. One is located to the left of the front gate at the help center (behind and to the left of the Fast Lane sales booth), and the other is located in Planet Snoopy.

Quicky height question. Is it Guest Relations that handles the red bracelet for children's height?

It will really speed things along next trip.

No, Guest Relations cannot do height measurements. There are two height measurement stations. One is located to the left of the front gate at the help center (behind and to the left of the Fast Lane sales booth), and the other is located in Planet Snoopy.

Thanks so much. This will really help with the next park visit.

• Like 1

Ride locations will also sometimes have wristbands to issue children, but sometimes they do not, or have used the limited quantity they have. I do suggest first thing in the morning going to either of these locations to get an accurate height and banded before getting to any of the ride locations. Flash the band, get the final go ahead from ride ops, get in line, and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

Ride locations will also sometimes have wristbands to issue children, but sometimes they do not, or have used the limited quantity they have. I do suggest first thing in the morning going to either of these locations to get an accurate height and banded before getting to any of the ride locations. Flash the band, get the final go ahead from ride ops, get in line, and enjoy the ride.

Exactly- they love Planet Snoopy, but they are starting to get the KI Roving Eye.. They are walking a little slower past The Banshee as they disembark AE . Less time measuring means more time to test their mettle.
  • Like 4

Row 4 has a longer belt to allow non skinny people to ride. There is a seat outside the queue to try. I would recommend trying that before you get in line. I am smaller than you, but my biggest area is my midsection and it was snug. The harness has some give and it was not uncomfy. I was able to ride in every row.

I do want to let everyone know, the belt on the test seat for Banshee is not the belt that is in row 4. That seat belt is the standered belt that is on the rest of the train. Row 4 belts are Red. I couldn't fit in the test seat by like half an inch, but I waited anyway and was able to ride in row 4. However weird thing is a pic I saw from Media day did have the red belt on the test seat? So if you try the test seat and it has a black belt on it and your close to getting it to fasten, try riding in row 4 you should be okay.

• Like 6

oh how this topic hits hard for me.. being 5'11 and around 300lbs I'm obviously far from tiny lol. Most rides I'm okay (still nervous sitting down) but some I need an extra push. Last year at the beginning of the season I had problems with Flight of Fear and Invertigo *never have tried Drop Tower but by the end (after losing about 15 pounds or so) I had no issues with either.. Now I will come out and say in regards to Banshee if you have a large behind and or thighs you may have issues.. Tried so so so hard to get the restraint to go down enough but it simply wouldn't work :/

• Like 1

Hopefully the ride ops on Banshee will figure out the row 4 thing. On opening day the gentleman riding next to my wife was SO close to not getting fastened in. He asked the ride op if there was a larger seat and was tole they were all the same.

• Like 1

6'6", 225 and never had an issue except on Son of Beast, it was a little tight.

And that's no longer an issue. B)

Hopefully the ride ops on Banshee will figure out the row 4 thing. On opening day the gentleman riding next to my wife was SO close to not getting fastened in. He asked the ride op if there was a larger seat and was tole they were all the same.

Wow... that shouldn't have happened. Whenever I go to the station, I just tell the ride op that I need row 4. I haven't had an issue with them denying me yet, but then the first three times I rode it were on Media Day and the only other time was opening day. Of course, the GP wouldn't automatically know to do this. Hopefully I won't ever get any pushback from a ride op for requesting that row, but if I do I'm ready to enlighten them on why I need it. :)

• Like 4

6'6", 225 and never had an issue except on Son of Beast, it was a little tight.

And that's no longer an issue. B)

Wow... that shouldn't have happened. Whenever I go to the station, I just tell the ride op that I need row 4. I haven't had an issue with them denying me yet, but then the first three times I rode it were on Media Day and the only other time was opening day. Of course, the GP wouldn't automatically know to do this. Hopefully I won't ever get any pushback from a ride op for requesting that row, but if I do I'm ready to enlighten them on why I need it. :)

Yep I did the same thing all 7 times and no questions were asked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I've been working on my weight for me to be comfortable with going to Cedar Point without worry of not fitting my goal is 249. The trip is May 31 and as of Tuesday I was at 257. Down from 271 at the beginning of March.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

oh how this topic hits hard for me.. being 5'11 and around 300lbs I'm obviously far from tiny lol. Most rides I'm okay (still nervous sitting down) but some I need an extra push. Last year at the beginning of the season I had problems with Flight of Fear and Invertigo *never have tried Drop Tower but by the end (after losing about 15 pounds or so) I had no issues with either.. Now I will come out and say in regards to Banshee if you have a large behind and or thighs you may have issues.. Tried so so so hard to get the restraint to go down enough but it simply wouldn't work :/

UPDATE :D I know no one has been on this topic recently but I'll post anyway. went to the park today and I'm now able to fit in row4 of Banshee :D and man i will say the work to do it and time waited was so worth it

• Like 15