Plus size riders, what can I ride?

SheilaET

I have a 42 inch waist, and I went today and could get on anything there. I went to Banshee and tried the restraints, and I felt like I may be too big, and it scares me. It almost hocked, and I think if I had someone helping it would have been fine, but I was by myself.

I am scared of embarrassing myself. Anyone have a bigger waist that has been on it? My chest is 52 inches, I am not sure if that effects anything.

I can ride anything at Cedar Point, but I have not tried Gatekeeper which I know has the same type of seats.

SheilaET, I too am also a 5'5 female and weigh around 212.

I have been able to get on every single coaster in the park. (Last year I got on Drop Tower twice, and WindSeeker once).

I occasionally ride Delirium.

But mostly I ride roller coaster after roller coaster every week with my teens.

I DO get beat up on the wooden coasters, but Diamondback and Banshee are a staple ride that I ride multiple times (any row) on my weekly visits.

Best Wishes and Have Fun at the Park!

coaster_womn

• Like 3

I am 5 3 and weigh 240. My hips measure 44 inches I had some concerns about fitting into the rides. I had no problems except for racers and beast. its because they have a seat divider with seat belts, i did squeeze in them but it was tight. other than that i was able to ride Banshee and everything else. I am also pretty busty so some rides (especially drop zone) I had to really squeeze them in. Hope this helps I came here before going and it helped me.

The seat belts have a lot of give. If you fit the ride you should still be comfortable with the seat belt on.

Also, after going to Worlds of Fun and Six Flags St. Louis, there was not one seat that I did not fit comfortably in. Still trying to lose weight, but wanted to make mention of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have not rode Diamondback this year yet, I just found out they added seat belts.. are the seat belts pretty much the same as Beast and Racer as far as size of belt?

The seat belts on Diamondback are large enough that they should not affect your ability to ride. If you can get the necessary clicks on the lap bar/clamshell, the seat belt should not pose any problems.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I know, I just wondered if there is anyone that has experiencing getting on that have bigger legs. Lately my anxiety disorder has been acting up over weight and rides. I can fit on every other ride (including Beast and Racer-but I have yet to ride Banshee), this year, but have yet to get on Diamondback, and it is stressing me out I guess. Sorry.

• Like 1

I know I have posted so many questions on here, but do you believe that if I have 30 inch legs around, that I will be able to ride the Diamondback? Having a huge event and I don't want to not ride, or embarrass myself.

I have 30 inch thighs as well and I haven't tried Banshee yet(can't make it to the park until August due to my busy schedule) but I can ride everything EXCEPT Diamondback. Diamondback is not thick thigh friendly(I think because of the clam shell design of the lapbar and angle of the seats.) Just try the test seat at the entrance. I'd rather be embarrassed there then waiting in line and doing the walk of shame in front of everyone.

• Like 3