Steel Vengeance no longer allows cell phones on the ride or in line with you

On 7/14/2020 at 11:54 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

I made this point a few years ago but can’t find it in this thread, but the same thought popped in my head after seeing this again.

If the chain starts migrating towards a “no cell phone in line” policy for many major attractions it is going to hurt them more than they think. No teenager or 20-something is going to want to wait for 15 minutes let alone 2 hours without their noses in their phones. Steel Vengeance may have a good reason or not to remove the pouches. I don’t know and don’t care. I’m just saying it would only be with the most supreme arrogance that they think that people will adapt to their system on a large scale. Let alone take away your phone and charge you for doing so. I do not think that you can equate Universal doing it to this because 1. Their lockers are complementary, 2. Their queues are often indoors, so less irritability, and 3. Their ride queue really are the beginning of the experience, not just the back and forth that we often see now. 

Universal's lockers are not complimentary, you pay for them up front if you use or not.

8 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Seems like the 20 somethings would look into FL purchasing more often if the wait without phones is too much.

There is times when the Steel Vengeance Fast Lane line is still 1 hour pre covid. Thats usually 1 hour fastlane and about 2 hour non Fast Lane. I feel like in general fastlane lines are longer at Cedar Point than they are at King's Island. Fastlane can cost as much as 165 at Cedar Point and tops out at about 85 at King's Island.

• Like 1