Gold and Platinum Bring a Friend discount extended in an unprecedented way

BoddaH1994

It seems that ticket price integrity is being compromised more and more...

I would think this is the knee-jerk reaction to CF attendance and revenue declines this year and continuing during this third quarter.

What if we see BAF during Haunt and Winterfest...

I wouldn't be surprised if during the 2019 season pass sale coming up soon that they offer purchase a pass before September 30th and get in the rest of 2018 with a 2019 season pass.  We know under CF they have usually offered a visit once offer, but I think we have to go back to Paramount days for get in the rest of the season offers.  And I fully expect those that currently have a season pass will complain that they are getting nothing special from their renewal while those purchasing a new pass get additional benefits...

I picked September 30th for a reason...to increase revenue during this present quarter and increase attendance during 4th quarter.  Should those numbers be disappointing, then that deadline would be extended...just like gold pass...

I think with no major intro, no announcements yet, and unseasonably hot and wet days, park attendance has been soft all season. I’ve been many days this year and have yet to see the park what I would call really “busy” 

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

July 29th-Aug 26th, $15.99

This is 1/3 of the core season.

Anyone who claims that this was the plan all along is beyond foolish.

Not good. Not good at all...

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/gold-platinum-pass-bring-friends-day

Wow! Really low prices covering a lot of days. Typically with schools back in session, those have been great days to visit the park. They always have their lowest individual price entry of the season during this time, but I don't recall seeing it this low (relatively speaking). This is BAF only...not sure how the other standard "non-friend" online prices will change. Will it drop below $40? 

The first week of this deal is the final week of full operating (10am-10pm) days. The following two weeks is 10am-8pm before weekends only.  Personally, I'd say next week is our final week of "core season". Some kids in the tri-state area are actually heading back to school this week! And each week, more and more schools start up. Personally, I'd consider Memorial Day through the last week of July as core season, and August is always "price drop, get more people in the park."

Does my friend get in 30 minutes early along with me?

Thanks! This has been the case in the past. Our last two trips this year, they've been asking us to show that the # of passes we have match the # of people we have (six). We always have them, and show them...but they've actually counted them the last two trips. So, I'll just keep whatever ticket or receipt I get for my friend, and hopefully security agrees with the person responding on Facebook!

• Like 1

I've used BAF tickets several times in the past, both as the passholder and as the friend, and they have consistently allowed the friend access to ERT. So it seems to be a standard policy that's been in place for a while, and security is well aware of it. Note that BAF tickets are available on any operating day (though normally a bit over $40), and the same rule applies to those, so they probably deal with BAF tickets at the Gold Pass gate every day (or at least most days).