iPhone or Android

Fye Coasters

19 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I am sure you will love that gigabit pipe but even with all those devices it is still probably overkill and 500Mbps would be more than enough.  What is the UL on that service?   It could come in handy for online backups.  

I rarely can tap out my 100/10 line with WOW and 4 users and need to be pulling down some backups off iCloud servers to do it.  

Suggest a post on r/cordcutters for suggestions on the best boxes for Philo or maybe some hack to run it on an Xbone.  

ATT sends door knockers around every couple of months and they always tell me they just upgraded the fiber to the neighborhood.  When I ask what speed they can offer me they it is always something like 25Mbps.  I try hard not to laugh at them becuase they are trying to do their job

You are probably correct it being overkill, but it's only 10$ more to go from 400 to 1000, and can always drop it down. The UL is only 40.. I wish ATT had the fiber in my area, because from my research if you can get the ATT 1000DL you also get 1000UL

My kids have Gamepass on xbox and you can choose from 100's of games to DL and at around 50gigs a piece may come in handy

Xfiinity has a terabyte cap, for 50 more a month you can get unlimited data.. First 2 months are free to see where you stand. They say only 1 % of households use more. My att usage they show is almost 3 terabytes a month :/ I may have to pay the extra 50 for xfinity. I get unlimted with uverse, because I have direct tv

Agree on the cordcutter post

[mention=11242]LuvingKI[/mention] I have the Game Pass as well. I have to wait a day for my games to download with my speeds though. :angry:
Halo:MCC is around 80 gigs and took about 3 days. 

I’m glad I paid for the discs for RDR2. 90GB install... it would have been many days.
  • Haha 1

I got xfinity installed this morning I've been getting on all wifI devices between 350 and 400 mbps DL and 45mbps UL and on hard wired anywhere between 650 to 850 DL and 45 UL.  The 45 UL seems to stay pretty steady on wifi and hardwired. Just wondering if I should contact and ask why I'm not getting at least 900 DL on hardwired

58 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

I got xfinity installed this morning I've been getting on all wifI devices between 350 and 400 mbps DL and 45mbps UL and on hard wired anywhere between 650 to 850 DL and 45 UL.  The 45 UL seems to stay pretty steady on wifi and hardwired. Just wondering if I should contact and ask why I'm not getting at least 900 DL on hardwired

Before you call get educated and have some reports ready and understand them.   Go to the Xfinity forum section on Dslreports and make a post there and ask how to generate signal report from your modem so you can post it and get some feedback from the guys that hang out there.   Most likely all you have to do is enter the modem’s IP address in a browser and it should be obvious how to get some diagnostic reports about your signal.  

Somemtimes there are some tech guys from the ISPs that hang out there and can give advise.  

12 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Before you call get educated and have some reports ready and understand them.   Go to the Xfinity forum section on Dslreports and make a post there and ask how to generate signal report from your modem so you can post it and get some feedback from the guys that hang out there.   Most likely all you have to do is enter the modem’s IP address in a browser and it should be obvious how to get some diagnostic reports about your signal.  

Somemtimes there are some tech guys from the ISPs that hang out there and can give advise.  

King ding dong, I agree! I've spent all week reading xfinity gig reports, now is the getting educated part lmao

After all.my reading this week, I knew it would be a process to get it right after tech left

Go figured, Verizon 5g isnt available where I am. I'm just hopeful it wont be 15 years from now. :lol:

That’s because it’s brand new. It won’t be here in an instant.

I was able to get a speed boost and a price reduction today for Fioptics. 500 down, 50 up $53/month.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

That’s because it’s brand new. It won’t be here in an instant.

I was able to get a speed boost and a price reduction today for Fioptics. 500 down, 50 up $53/month.

That's pretty good for the price!

I pay 81 with tax and gateway rental through xfinity for a 1000 down and around 45 up. Plus in 2 months will have to pay a extra 50 for unlimted data, so 131 a month.. You're price sounds nice

Here is a question for anyone that can answer.. My wife and son have s9's I have a s9 plus. We are through sprint.  Now on wifi in our house I get 550 DL they get 300DL. In our small town, my phone works everywhere, they have dead spots all over.. Why would that be? Is the S9 plus better? We don't understand

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...