Final Showdown!

BoddaH1994

I guess this is just for my own curiosity. I know that a lot of people on here feel very strongly about which one they prefer. Feel free to comment on why you feel the way you do. I know some of you would choose the Smurf ride or whatever, but that's not the point of the poll. It's not which ride do you prefer in that building, it's which one do you prefer between the two listed above.

lol...I guess I forgot to put in my thoughts...

I prefer Phantom Theatre. I realize that they let the ride go to hell after a few years, but I always enjoyed it reguardless. Scooby Doo is just a trendy ride. The guns don't work very well, and as opposed to having animatronics, they just have stupid cardboard cut outs of stuff.

Scooby Doo is cute and fun. I appreciate the interactive qualities of the ride and the theming based on my favorite cartoon character. However, the lines are so long that I hardly get to ride it.

The Phantom Theater was not cute at all. It was charming, sophisticated, and was remarkably similar to Disney's Haunted Mansion. Like many other folks on this site, I prefer PT's animatronics to SDATHC's cardboard cutouts - though Scooby Doo has animatronics as well.

Since the lines were seldom long at PT, I rode it at least 3 times every time I visited PKI.

Scooby Doo appeals to the child in me. However, PT appealed to me as an adult. Its story, theming, and design were quite debonair. Additionally, PT was a true dark ride and a real haunted house. In conclusion, I state that Phantom Theater was immensely better than its successor, Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Edited by italianchef

lol...I guess I forgot to put in my thoughts...

I prefer Phantom Theatre. I realize that they let the ride go to hell after a few years, but I always enjoyed it reguardless. Scooby Doo is just a trendy ride. The guns don't work very well, and as opposed to having animatronics, they just have stupid cardboard cut outs of stuff.

Phantom Theater was very crappy after a few years people just rode it to cool off...and i think Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle is A MUCH BETTER RIDE its a lot funner and people love the doo! biggrin.gif

Phantom Theatre was a True Haunted House. Scooby Doo isn't scary at all. It just makes you look embarrassed when your in the line. i enjoyed Men in Black alot better. The Toy Story one is cool better to. In the Buzz lightyear one you can move the karts around. Most the time i don't even shot in it. i just spin!!!!!!Anyways i voted for Phantom Theatre because it was a classic ride.

Edited by RIPcobra

Phantom Theatre was a True Haunted House. Scooby Doo isn't scary at all. It just maskes you look embarrassed when your in the line. i enjoyed Men in Black alot better. The Toy Story one is cool better to. In the Buzz lightyear one you can move the karts around. Most the time i don't even shot in it. i just spin!!!!!!Anyways i voted for Phantom Theatre because it was a classic ride.

Iam not Embarrassed to be on SDATHC I REALLY LIKE SCOOBY WAY MORE SO THAN PT!...UMM IT ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE SCARY! it suppose to be fun...the best rides are interactive! tongue.gif

I loved PT because it was a taste of disney at my home park, and when it first opened it scared the crap out of me(i was 4). Scooby is a great concept, but all things taken into account it's really only a colorful blanket over PT. Same cars, same walls, few things were changed to the building itself. It really is very pathetic, and I hold it against PKI. I really expected alot more from this ride, and even though it's fun to shoot things, I'd still choose PT over it any day. Just look at Scooby's station, it's one of the lamest dark ride stations ever, just a few blacklight windows. When I ride Scooby it doesn't feel like a new ride, it feels like the Mansion of Horrors, a temporary transformation for PT. Scooby could be great if they'd spend about 100 grand to finish the theming, and add some more animatronics to it. It's still a fun ride, but PT was one of my all time favorite rides, and Scooby is just a poorly done interactive ride with little imagination. With all this said, I still agree with PKI's building of it, the lines are huge always, and it fits HB Land better than PT. Build an actual haunted house PKI, and I'll never complain about Scooby again.

Edited by RyanA

^ I totally agree with you. I mean, even some of the scenes from Scooby Doo are very similar to the ones from PT that were in the exact same spot.

I'll basically rest my case on this: the queue lines.

PT:

The Maestro very convincingly playing the pipe organ. Then he turns around and taunts the crowd about how foolish it was to enter the theatre.. That was the best part of the ride...simply amazing....

Scooby:

::HISS -- Cardboard cutout pops up:: (You hear something that kind of sounds like Scooby or Shaggy or whoever's voice but it's too faint to understand) ::HISS -- That Cardboard cutout goes down and other cardboard cutout pops up:: You hear another barely recognizable voice... repeat until you're on the crappy ride...

Even the animatronics aren't good at all... PT told a story. SDATHC is just a dumb excuse to put the name "Scooby Doo" on a ride. They should have just made PT interactive somehow. Now THAT would have been cool.

I loved PT because it was a taste of disney at my home park,

Amen to that! When I first went to the Phantom Theater, I was amazed by how similar it was to Disney's Haunted Mansion. And I've been to the Haunted Mansion in Florida, California, and Tokyo.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef