Dinos Alive and Xbase

TheBeast54

I thought about this, but maybe this could work. KI could merge Xbase With Dinos Alive so that could make Xbase bigger.

You could put a few flat rides in, like an enterprise, A Giga, and maybe even an RMC. Put some food stands and restrooms in there so guest dont have to go searching for restrooms in XBase.

But that is just a thought.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, TheBeast54 said:

I thought about this, but maybe this could work. KI could merge Xbase With Dinos Alive so that could make Xbase bigger.

You could put a few flat rides in, like an enterprise, A Giga, and maybe even an RMC. Put some food stands and restrooms in there so guest dont have to go searching for restrooms in XBase.

But that is just a thought.

thats a great thought!! Xbase needs to be expanded and octoberfest needs some love! lol 

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I think the only major issue stopping them from doing this is the maintenance buildings. 

You could connect the two if you had the path go down the existing maintenance road and built a jumper from the maintenance path to Dino's, although I think Dino's is getting demolished, purely because that would have been an easy opportunity for them to put the Antique Autos back there.

2 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@teenageninja Dinos contract was up, so that's why it was removed. Not because of the KMAA. 

Is that what you are saying? Your comment lost me. lol

I was saying I think they are going to demolish the Dino's area for future attraction.  Otherwise, I think it would have been really easy to put the Antique Autos on that path back there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, upstop said:

I still think the Dino’s trail could be repurposed for Halloween and Winterfest in some capacity.

I agree I think it would be more of a haunt attraction due to the excess of land that could be used as a haunted trail. Also they wouldn't have to remove any of those props during the regular season. 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 1:41 AM, 139Signal27 said:

I'd like to see a more consistent quality standard brought to the established park before a large expansion occurs.

With the IS renovation, I'm sure that we're going to start seeing more renovations and upgrades in the future. My personal opinion is that CF is going to put a larger focus on making KI a destination, similar to their progress with Cedar Point. KI already has a HUGE base of regional passholders, so it'd be a safe gamble.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an on-site hotel added in the next decade 

I actually asked CF officials during a pannel if they were ever considering adding a hotel. They said that they see Kings Island is more of a regional park; however based off of the additions and improvements the park has been receiving as of late I think that might be changing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

With the blueprints leaked and the over abundance of Xbase and Dinos land, do you think KI is planning on adding more to this area in the future? There's plenty of space from Firehawk and Dinosaurs Alive that isn't even touched by construction with exception to Firehawk's removal.

Doubtful. If anything, the chosen placement shows they aren't going to expand into that area. At this point, they'd have to move all or most of the maintenance buildings to do a real expansion. Not completely out of the question, but just not likely. They could have re-routed Lil Giga and made a lot more space for expansion there. 

• Like 1

They could still do small expansion in X-Base if they wanted by utilizing the open area to the left when walking in that would go behind FoF's photo booth/exit. Considering the photo booth is rarely ever open anymore they could even tear that down to open up the pathway more for an expansion with a flat and possibly a quick service food area.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2019 at 5:27 PM, SonofBaconator said:

With the blueprints leaked and the over abundance of Xbase and Dinos land, do you think KI is planning on adding more to this area in the future? There's plenty of space from Firehawk and Dinosaurs Alive that isn't even touched by construction with exception to Firehawk's removal.

3B569ACB-6F29-43F2-B7DE-2193C89389A3.jpeg