MT's Shed, is it Adventure Express 2.0?

MisterSG1

I was just wondering, as I haven't been on Mystic Timbers and likely won't anytime soon, is the shed portion of the ride very similar to the second lift hill of Adventure Express? Where you think there's gonna be one grand finale but the ride ends, is Mystic Timbers like that?

Wonder Mountain's Guardian here at Canada's Wonderland, may have had a lukewarm response, if you call it a coaster is debatable even though it has a lift hill. But one thing it has, is quite the unexpected nasty surprise, something that totally catches you off guard if you've never rode it before, and for that, I think it's great for that nasty surprise.

When watching a video of Mystic Timbers, I was expecting a similar nasty surprise but there wasn't.

On a personal note, WMG was good in that it could allow me to ride.....most rides nowadays require me to take the walk of shame but I am improving myself, my only issue is that I now think I'm too old to go to Wonderland. I mean, one day I'd like to ride the new rides at KI, but I feel like I'm too old unless I have a youngster with me. This is just me ranting.

22 minutes ago, MisterSG1 said:

On a personal note, WMG was good in that it could allow me to ride.....most rides nowadays require me to take the walk of shame but I am improving myself, my only issue is that I now think I'm too old to go to Wonderland. I mean, one day I'd like to ride the new rides at KI, but I feel like I'm too old unless I have a youngster with me. This is just me ranting.

too old? I'm 71 and i ride every thing with out a problem. after a day at the park i will sleep well that night.

• Like 1

I understand the comparison ... both are rather anti-climactic. I like the animatronics in AE. I find the build-up to the screens in MT fun, but the overall effect is kind of silly, plus the timing has often been slightly off when I've gone on. But MT is still a fantastic ride. 

8 minutes ago, bengals fan said:

too old? I'm 71 and i ride every thing with out a problem. after a day at the park i will sleep well that night.

Good, you make me feel better.....yeah I'm 30 years old currently.

So you can ride that rickety old Beast as it shakes violently through the ending double helix without a problem? I only rode the ride once but man was it rough. Honestly, I thought the Son of Beast was quite smooth when I rode it.

• Like 1

Beast is one of my goto rides I can't ride it as often as i did afew years ago but i do ride it . SOB i never liked . I have a fear of heights so i stay away from Wind Seeker but will ride with a friend every now and then. I love Banshee and have been known to get back in line same with D Back. also Mystic Timbers is reridable.

I've grown to love it. The haunted theming, the 80s songs, it's a really fun way to spend what is often a tedious moment while you wait to pull back into the station. Adventure Express builds up to a lava soaked death at the peak of a lift. But they took out the lava, so now the end of the ride builds up to nothing but the station. If they removed the projector, the radio, and the voices, Mystic Timbers would still make sense to later generations. It would just the normal wait into the station, like every other coaster. 

Compare it to sitting in the brake tunnel on Racer or Beast. At least there is something to look at.

Problem was in the lead-up they hyped it to be something real special and people got their hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Sol44 said:

Compare it to sitting in the brake tunnel on Racer or Beast. At least there is something to look at.

Problem was in the lead-up they hyped it to be something real special and people got their hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.  While the use of video screens in any attraction is just a cheap way to do effects, it is much better than a brake block in the sun.  And it was a good way to put a 3rd train on the ride to increase capacity and make it a longer experience.

• Like 1