Cedar Fair Posters with Easter Eggs

On August 1, 2018 at 4:39 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

I am showing my age here, but I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. "Number Five is alive!" is the catch phrase from the 1986 movie Short Circuit. It is repeatedly said by the character Johnny #5, who is a robot who has become sentient.

I referenced it in another thread, by saying "'Number Five is alive' brings up good memories." Glad to see someone else remembers Short Circuit. :)

• Like 1

I'm gonna go with this isn't a hint for several reasons:

1) SOB is a dark point in history with KI...why would they bring it back?
2) Since when has Cedar Fair teased rides for a park at a different park and why would they? Each park has a different makeup of guests and not all attract the same guests.
3) Knowing the person who made the posters originally from KI and works for CF did this just for theming. Remember the Steel Vengance easter egg in Mystic's Station...created by the same person...it wasn't a hint for a new attraction...it was literally just theming. 
4) Not everything you see is a hint. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I'm gonna go with this isn't a hint for several reasons:

1) SOB is a dark point in history with KI...why would they bring it back?
2) Since when has Cedar Fair teased rides for a park at a different park and why would they? Each park has a different makeup of guests and not all attract the same guests.
3) Knowing the person who made the posters originally from KI and works for CF did this just for theming. Remember the Steel Vengance easter egg in Mystic's Station...created by the same person...it wasn't a hint for a new attraction...it was literally just theming. 
4) Not everything you see is a hint. 

This makes the most sense. I didn't think the negativity towards the SOB was this much, but now I understand.

Although the whole New Coke thing is before my time, bringing the SOB back is very much like trying to bring back New Coke (although people like me would be curious as to what it tasted like)

Anyways, the fact that SOB's station still remains, why is that?

• Like 3

If these are clues, they are brilliant.  If they are not clues, they are brilliant.

It has a small buzz going on in the coaster community.  If the community is being trolled, it throws out the notion that Cedar Fair cannot theme.  To create a storyline linking CP, KI, KD, Cwinds, CW and CGA is pretty amazing.  And to have small things at Kings Island like the chair with hat and barrel, the cactus plantings, the wood and the SOB wood and flowers at the Eternal Flame...I'm having FUN with it!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jtro223 said:

If these are clues, they are brilliant.  If they are not clues, they are brilliant.

It has a small buzz going on in the coaster community.  If the community is being trolled, it throws out the notion that Cedar Fair cannot theme.  To create a storyline linking CP, KI, KD, Cwinds, CW and CGA is pretty amazing.  And to have small things at Kings Island like the chair with hat and barrel, the cactus plantings, the wood and the SOB wood and flowers at the Eternal Flame...I'm having FUN with it!

The clues are brilliant, and the wood and flowers are nothing,, I know the Banshee ride op, he was out doing locks one day and found some old wood from SOB by the station and saved it to put by the tomb, and the flowers a good friend of mine that loves SOB,  she put the flowers there. No teasers there i can for sure tell you that! :D 

• Like 3

So hear me out. I think I’m onto something.

If you’re a seasoned KI visitor, you might know that Mystic Timbers features a strange poster at the greeter booth, station, and on a locker in the shed. It’s of this character named Yard Boss Campbell who works in Wood Shed 2.

IMG_5826.thumb.JPG.8f32699a2b6f63ef6d25257385d8b6da.JPG

I’m not sure if this is an extension of the lore of the ride or not, but I think it’s safe to assume as much. Either way, I happened to find a high-res version of this poster, and I think there’s some interesting stuff in it that might help lead us to more clues.

If you zoom in to Yard Boss Campbell’s Miami River Lumber Co. Hoodie, you’ll see a hidden pieces of text. It’s pretty blurry, but with some Photoshop work, I was able to make out the phrase “Check Wood Shed 2”. You can also see “9:59 PM"

Clue.png

If you’re familiar with the queue, the first queue-house is labeled Wood Shed 2. It features a backpack and a walkie-talkie that will occasionally make noise.

Just the other week at 9:59 PM, I made my way into the Wood Shed 2 part of the Timbers queue to take a peek. I’m not sure how anyone has missed this so far (probably because the fireworks start just a minute after the fact, sneaky KI), but at 9:59PM every night, the walkie talkie says 1 specific line: “Call Coriell’s. Ask for Outpost 5.”

Crazy stuff.

It turns out Coriell's is a clothing company that must have created the outerwear for the Miami River Lumber Company, and is based in Idaho (The same state as RMC!)

I called Coriell's HQ and was met with a kind woman’s voice, asking me if I had any questions about their apparel. I kindly asked about Outpost 5. There was silence at the other end of the line. 10 seconds. 15 seconds. 30 seconds. Then a different voice came on the line, this time a gruff sounding old man. He asked me for the password. I scrambled, as this was an unexpected turn of events. There was no such information provided on the Yard Boss Campbell poster as far as I could tell, so I instead just came up with the first Mystic Timbers-related word I could think of. “Shed.”

The man’s tone suddenly changed from gruff and staunch to warm and inviting, perhaps even relieved. What he said next will stick with me forever.

“The Son will return. But there’s more for you to discover first.”

I’m convinced these Yard Boss Campbell signs are meant to act as teasers for a new KI attraction. Probably worth looking into more.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

Rumors are still going to come from somewhere. You can’t just make something up and call it a rumor. 

That is how a lot of rumors start. But the rumor would have to have some sort of origin or trail to claim it has been rumored and I haven't heard anything about the old station being used for a Giga outside of speculation/imagining here.

So hear me out. I think I’m onto something.
If you’re a seasoned KI visitor, you might know that Mystic Timbers features a strange poster at the greeter booth, station, and on a locker in the shed. It’s of this character named Yard Boss Campbell who works in Wood Shed 2.   IMG_5826.thumb.JPG.8f32699a2b6f63ef6d25257385d8b6da.JPG.26c5c457c9f014db5e1aef0480dbad02.JPG   I’m not sure if this is an extension of the lore of the ride or not, but I think it’s safe to assume as much. Either way, I happened to find a high-res version of this poster, and I think there’s some interesting stuff in it that might help lead us to more clues.   If you zoom in to Yard Boss Campbell’s Miami River Lumber Co. Hoodie, you’ll see a hidden pieces of text. It’s pretty blurry, but with some Photoshop work, I was able to make out the phrase “Check Wood Shed 2”. You can also see “9:59 PM"   Clue.png.f5892420f08a762eb357071b7eed009d.png   If you’re familiar with the queue, the first queue-house is labeled Wood Shed 2. It features a backpack and a walkie-talkie that will occasionally make noise.   Just the other week at 9:59 PM, I made my way into the Wood Shed 2 part of the Timbers queue to take a peek. I’m not sure how anyone has missed this so far (probably because the fireworks start just a minute after the fact, sneaky KI), but at 9:59PM every night, the walkie talkie says 1 specific line: “Call Coriell’s. Ask for Outpost 5.”   Crazy stuff.   It turns out Coriell's is a clothing company that must have created the outerwear for the Miami River Lumber Company, and is based in Idaho (The same state as RMC!)   I called Coriell's HQ and was met with a kind woman’s voice, asking me if I had any questions about their apparel. I kindly asked about Outpost 5. There was silence at the other end of the line. 10 seconds. 15 seconds. 30 seconds. Then a different voice came on the line, this time a gruff sounding old man. He asked me for the password. I scrambled, as this was an unexpected turn of events. There was no such information provided on the Yard Boss Campbell poster as far as I could tell, so I instead just came up with the first Mystic Timbers-related word I could think of. “Shed.”   The man’s tone suddenly changed from gruff and staunch to warm and inviting, perhaps even relieved. What he said next will stick with me forever.   “The Son will return. But there’s more for you to discover first.”   I’m convinced these Yard Boss Campbell signs are meant to act as teasers for a new KI attraction. Probably worth looking into more.

I can’t tell if this sarcasm and photoshop or something meaningful. I may just be gullible lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

Rumors are still going to come from somewhere. You can’t just make something up and call it a rumor. 

You can do that. There has been tons of rumors in the past that weren't true. Like Kings Island was possibly getting a wing coaster (during the speculation that ended up becoming Banshee).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I can’t tell if this sarcasm and photoshop or something meaningful. I may just be gullible lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and yet in another thread someone was ostracized for not citing sources simply because they said "i know for a fact" which I've never heard anyone actually say before honestly proving a point. lol