Cedar Fair Posters with Easter Eggs

On 8/11/2018 at 5:51 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

So where does that leave us on speculation? As I have written elsewhere recently, when Kings Island begins teasing their next project, there will be no room for discussion of "is this official or just random theming?" There will be signs. Big ones. Obvious ones. Most likely large, literal signs, on the side of a fence, with clearing and construction happening behind it.* 

It will not be theming signs up at Cedar Point. It will not be references to past rides included in the theming of current ones. It will not, for heaven's sake, be elements of a past logo included in an exclusive ride op button that was produced at the beginning of the season (that rumor hadn't made it to these boards yet that I've seen but was a discussion elsewhere online). It won't be part of Haunt or Winterfest theming. It won't be random theming in Tower Gardens.

Maybe some of those things might have more meaning AFTER an initial teasing is made by the park. But when that official tease happens, it will be obvious. It will be unquestionable. No one will argue it isn't a sign or might not be a sign. 

*edited to add: signs like this one:

IMG_4741.JPG

While I agree with you to an extent, I will also say it's been proven that CF will put up teasers for rides at CP, CW, and KD and will not be located at any of those parks. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

You do know that Backwoods Bayou haunt is located in Tower Gardens. How do you know it’s not for Haunt? You guys are saying you keep seeing decorations in Tower Gardens. I have yet to see photos of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I do know that. The point is this does not seem to be “haunt” set up. It’s odd and stands out as it really has no logical place in a vaguely “European garden”. Like someone else said it gets odder with the cactus. It all seems related to each other yet not related to anything around it. Like it’s just odd enough to catch your eye. I’m not making a mountain out of a mole hill. I’m just observing and actually giving them credit that if this does tie into something it’s been masterfully handled. It’s also very frustrating as all of this proves there are creative people with great abilities in place making that work for, it are contracted by the parks. It’s a shame that this level of detail doesn’t carry through with things like the out of place shade canopys in the diamond back queue or the transition between river town and PS that’s a stroll by a big painted wood fence. They show they CAN, they just regularly don’t. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

People complain that Kings Island doesn't do enough theming to be considered a theme park. Kings Island does a little bit of theming and people fall over each other trying to be first to break the news (although this is the first time I've noticed the actual news get in on the act, usually it's just the fan sites).

Prior to the little farm vignette added as theming in Tower Gardens, the plants and flowers have been changed several times this season, to keep it fresh, interesting, and beautiful. That's what the groundskeeping staff does. That's what the greenhouses are for. Granted the general theming centered around plants and setting a mood used to be more of a "thing" for the park in its early years, but I've appreciated this return to their roots, and enjoy seeing the changes as the seasons progress. 

I don't think it "means" anything other than adding visual interest around the park. 

Retweet

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HandsUp said:

@TombRaiderFTW I hear you, but in the day and age of rampant digital connectivity, the powers that be know that even little crumbs of info will be spread and speculated on. And let's face it, once there is actual teasers, those are seen as basically an announcement. It's all just a way to build it up the hype...enthusiasts are the best marketing and the official announcement is usually just the confirmation of 'ongoing speculation'. I love it all either way--especially the conceptual joining of multiple parks' theming.

Okay, but here's the thing:

1.) What percentage of park guests in a year do you think are enthusiasts? How much influence do you think we have? We're not a huge group. If there were enough of us to be the best marketing, wouldn't coaster clubs be renting out whole days at the park instead of just ERT sessions tacked onto the end of normal operating days?

2.) I don't disagree about the connectivity bit, but that doesn't change the fact that Cedar Fair doesn't tease new rides through subtlety and niche hints, which seem to be the trees everyone's barking up right now. We literally have an example two years ago involving fences, signs, fog machines, and announcement dates posted well in advance. How many subtle "hints" in the season beforehand did the park give?

• Like 3

@TombRaiderFTW You may be totally correct, I just know that enthusiasts may be small in number but very passionate and vocal. A little snippet here and there goes a long way. I just mention it because my wife and my buddy-neither of whom are enthusiasts-heard the Outpost 5/SOB buzz (from WCPO) and now basically assume that KI is getting a big wooden coaster to replace SOB. Sure it may all be BS, and if so it'll fade from their memory--but my point is that these little nuggets/rumors have wormed their way into the consciousness of the GP whether anyone likes it or not. 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2018 at 5:51 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

To some degree, I believe ride ops are allowed to add to the theming, yes.

This is pretty true. The ride ops at Flight of Fear are known to move around the alien(s) every now and then. Someone also changes around the props in the western town that the train passes every once in a while. Someone at the Eiffel Tower even drew the Outpost 5 symbol on the whiteboard in the elevator just to troll with people (FYECoasters posted a picture of it on FB). The ride ops know the same about new attractions as the general public does. All of the so called "teasers" done by ride ops are really just to mess with people speculating about it. If they end up being real then it's just out of pure coincidence

• Like 4

Looks like these posters and announcement date had nothing to do with the actual attraction we're getting for 2019.  I was really hoping that Adventure Express would get some love, or heck, even The Racer.  I kind of wish they'd take a season and refresh some of the older rides "Something old will be new again".  I guess I was thinking more about a refresh rather than a reinstallation of an old ride.  Oh well, looks like I was wrong.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, Stoan said:

Does anyone have a legit picture of the post at Cedar Point? The one posted is a real close up that you can see some sliver of a building. I'd like to see a clear shot of the building.

Like everyone else said, if this poster really is at Cedar Point, then the comments from the rep at KI might be true ("Park spokesman Chad Showalter told WCPO, "We have nothing to do with the speculation you are reporting on.")", but the CP rep sounds fishy (a spokesman for Cedar Point, Tony Clark, told us, "Cedar Point does not comment on rumor or speculation. Fun stuff, though, isn't it?"). Saying "we don't comment on rumor and speculation" is not the same as saying "It isn't true". They are totally hinting at something, and they WANT people to hype up over it. What gets more hype than a bunch of hilarious conspiracy speculation stories?

Looking back reading through this thread,  this turned out to be very true!!!  :lol:

This thread has been renamed to "Cedar Fair Posters with Easter Eggs." We know that there is not a SOB revival with the Easter eggs on the said posters. I am sure there will be more Easter eggs in future marketing promotions. Next we might be seeing posters with 1993 in it referencing Top Gun at Kings Island.

This thread is now dedicated to Easter Eggs in marketing materials at Cedar Fair Parks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2018 at 5:37 PM, JAHill said:

So hear me out. I think I’m onto something.

If you’re a seasoned KI visitor, you might know that Mystic Timbers features a strange poster at the greeter booth, station, and on a locker in the shed. It’s of this character named Yard Boss Campbell who works in Wood Shed 2.

IMG_5826.thumb.JPG.8f32699a2b6f63ef6d25257385d8b6da.JPG

I’m not sure if this is an extension of the lore of the ride or not, but I think it’s safe to assume as much. Either way, I happened to find a high-res version of this poster, and I think there’s some interesting stuff in it that might help lead us to more clues.

If you zoom in to Yard Boss Campbell’s Miami River Lumber Co. Hoodie, you’ll see a hidden pieces of text. It’s pretty blurry, but with some Photoshop work, I was able to make out the phrase “Check Wood Shed 2”. You can also see “9:59 PM"

Clue.png

If you’re familiar with the queue, the first queue-house is labeled Wood Shed 2. It features a backpack and a walkie-talkie that will occasionally make noise.

Just the other week at 9:59 PM, I made my way into the Wood Shed 2 part of the Timbers queue to take a peek. I’m not sure how anyone has missed this so far (probably because the fireworks start just a minute after the fact, sneaky KI), but at 9:59PM every night, the walkie talkie says 1 specific line: “Call Coriell’s. Ask for Outpost 5.”

Crazy stuff.

It turns out Coriell's is a clothing company that must have created the outerwear for the Miami River Lumber Company, and is based in Idaho (The same state as RMC!)

I called Coriell's HQ and was met with a kind woman’s voice, asking me if I had any questions about their apparel. I kindly asked about Outpost 5. There was silence at the other end of the line. 10 seconds. 15 seconds. 30 seconds. Then a different voice came on the line, this time a gruff sounding old man. He asked me for the password. I scrambled, as this was an unexpected turn of events. There was no such information provided on the Yard Boss Campbell poster as far as I could tell, so I instead just came up with the first Mystic Timbers-related word I could think of. “Shed.”

The man’s tone suddenly changed from gruff and staunch to warm and inviting, perhaps even relieved. What he said next will stick with me forever.

“The Son will return. But there’s more for you to discover first.”

I’m convinced these Yard Boss Campbell signs are meant to act as teasers for a new KI attraction. Probably worth looking into more.

What phone number did you call to reach Coriell's HQ?