Cedar Fair Posters with Easter Eggs

Some quick thoughts on the phrase "No 5 is Alive" and "Number Five".  Beside the obvious use of outpost No 5.....Kings Island, when they announced Son of Beast actually referred to it as Kings Island's  5th Wooden Roller coaster in press materials.  They were counting Racer as two coasters.  A marketing ploy that they eventually backed away from and started counting Racer as one coaster again.   So at one time SOB was actually referred to as wooden coaster "number 5".   And Just for fun, if Son of Beast was to "live" again in some wooden coaster form, it would be "number 5" in the park again.  (IMO SOB will never live again, but the story might)  This poster is being very obvious, almost to obvious to it's referral to Kings Island and Son of Beast. I mean that is The Beast Station in the poster, outpost 5 quote and the use of "no 5" ! Not sure what it all means but one thing I feel sure about is this is our first sign that gives hope that we will see a Major Attraction in 2020 with next year it being teased up until the announcement.   Should be fun!

• Like 2

6919..... There is a upside down number 5 on the poster, why? Maybe it’s to simply draw our attention to look differently at the poster. Reminder in elementary school when kids would spell words on the calculator with upside down numbers... So look at 6919 upside down on the poster....at first glance it sure does look like a 4 letter word that describes a type of coaster  ;) ......just sayin!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I am showing my age here, but I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. "Number Five is alive!" is the catch phrase from the 1986 movie Short Circuit. It is repeatedly said by the character Johnny #5, who is a robot who has become sentient.

The robots in Disaster Transport's queue always reminded me of Johnny #5, and I don't think that was accidental, as the movie was still very popular by the time Avalanche Run was enclosed and themed. 

I agree the phrase is being used in this case as a reference to Outpost 5 as well, but I thought it might be important to people speculating that it is also a direct reference to the movie. 

• Like 9

I am showing my age here, but I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. "Number Five is alive!" is the catch phrase from the 1986 movie Short Circuit. It is repeatedly said by the character Johnny #5, who is a robot who has become sentient.
The robots in Disaster Transport's queue always reminded me of Johnny #5, and I don't think that was accidental, as the movie was still very popular by the time Avalanche Run was enclosed and themed. 
I agree the phrase is being used in this case as a reference to Outpost 5 as well, but I thought it might be important to people speculating that it is also a direct reference to the movie. 

I just logged in to suggest a Johnny 5 coaster. Well done. Hopefully nothing short circuits for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, disco2000 said:

For those into running, there is an app called Zombies Run and you are virtual runner number 5 and that phrase is used quite a bit in it... other CF parks have an attraction with zombies in its name....

I could see them running with the like a quarantine zone. That could be cool, but I doubt they'd do it.

• Like 2

Here’s my wild theory: 

“Expansion plan Phase one”- I believe there is an expansion in the works that will utilize Son of Beast land and other land.

”Track 2 is no longer in use and has been permanently abandoned”- could this refer to Adventure Express and it’s REMOVAL? I don’t know but that is my theory, Yes..

“Please use outpost 5 shipping and cargo transportation route”- I believe they will be building a new coaster using SOB old station (outpost 5) also other quotes to confirm this theory in the poster as well.. 

NUMBER 5 IS ALIVE! 

There you have it... expansion area that will include a new coaster.. there would be an entrance to this new expansion somewhere by coaster entrance AND also at Adventure Express with it being removed.. wild I know expansion idea is wild but the new coaster using sob station is for real possibility 

2CE44A4D-35D2-4EF2-8696-AE5FAC9934D0.jpeg

• Like 1