Cedar Fair Posters with Easter Eggs

21 hours ago, JAHill said:
The man’s tone suddenly changed from gruff and staunch to warm and inviting, perhaps even relieved. What he said next will stick with me forever.

“The Son will return. But there’s more for you to discover first.”

Gave me goosebumps... lol

17 hours ago, JAHill said:

So hear me out. I think I’m onto something.

If you’re familiar with the queue, the first queue-house is labeled Wood Shed 2. It features a backpack and a walkie-talkie that will occasionally make noise.

Just the other week at 9:59 PM, I made my way into the Wood Shed 2 part of the Timbers queue to take a peek. I’m not sure how anyone has missed this so far (probably because the fireworks start just a minute after the fact, sneaky KI), but at 9:59PM every night, the walkie talkie says 1 specific line: “Call Coriell’s. Ask for Outpost 5.”

Crazy stuff.

It turns out Coriell's is a clothing company that must have created the outerwear for the Miami River Lumber Company, and is based in Idaho (The same state as RMC!)

I called Coriell's HQ and was met with a kind woman’s voice, asking me if I had any questions about their apparel. I kindly asked about Outpost 5. There was silence at the other end of the line. 10 seconds. 15 seconds. 30 seconds. Then a different voice came on the line, this time a gruff sounding old man. He asked me for the password. I scrambled, as this was an unexpected turn of events. There was no such information provided on the Yard Boss Campbell poster as far as I could tell, so I instead just came up with the first Mystic Timbers-related word I could think of. “Shed.”

The man’s tone suddenly changed from gruff and staunch to warm and inviting, perhaps even relieved. What he said next will stick with me forever.

I’m convinced these Yard Boss Campbell signs are meant to act as teasers for a new KI attraction. Probably worth looking into more.

You know, it really wouldn't be that much work to actually do a viral campaign like this. I like the cut of your jib. I loves me a good puzzle, it's like notpr0n all over again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JAHill said:

So hear me out. I think I’m onto something.

If you’re a seasoned KI visitor, you might know that Mystic Timbers features a strange poster at the greeter booth, station, and on a locker in the shed. It’s of this character named Yard Boss Campbell who works in Wood Shed 2.

IMG_5826.thumb.JPG.8f32699a2b6f63ef6d25257385d8b6da.JPG

I’m not sure if this is an extension of the lore of the ride or not, but I think it’s safe to assume as much. Either way, I happened to find a high-res version of this poster, and I think there’s some interesting stuff in it that might help lead us to more clues.

If you zoom in to Yard Boss Campbell’s Miami River Lumber Co. Hoodie, you’ll see a hidden pieces of text. It’s pretty blurry, but with some Photoshop work, I was able to make out the phrase “Check Wood Shed 2”. You can also see “9:59 PM"

Clue.png

If you’re familiar with the queue, the first queue-house is labeled Wood Shed 2. It features a backpack and a walkie-talkie that will occasionally make noise.

Just the other week at 9:59 PM, I made my way into the Wood Shed 2 part of the Timbers queue to take a peek. I’m not sure how anyone has missed this so far (probably because the fireworks start just a minute after the fact, sneaky KI), but at 9:59PM every night, the walkie talkie says 1 specific line: “Call Coriell’s. Ask for Outpost 5.”

Crazy stuff.

It turns out Coriell's is a clothing company that must have created the outerwear for the Miami River Lumber Company, and is based in Idaho (The same state as RMC!)

I called Coriell's HQ and was met with a kind woman’s voice, asking me if I had any questions about their apparel. I kindly asked about Outpost 5. There was silence at the other end of the line. 10 seconds. 15 seconds. 30 seconds. Then a different voice came on the line, this time a gruff sounding old man. He asked me for the password. I scrambled, as this was an unexpected turn of events. There was no such information provided on the Yard Boss Campbell poster as far as I could tell, so I instead just came up with the first Mystic Timbers-related word I could think of. “Shed.”

I’m convinced these Yard Boss Campbell signs are meant to act as teasers for a new KI attraction. Probably worth looking into more.

Dude you are straight trippin’, no such thing as Coriell’s. As much as I’d love for all that to be true.

• Like 1

WCPO referenced this very thread about this topic:  https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/kings-island-teases-new-coaster-may-be-coming

Cedar Fair, owner of Kings Island in Mason, Ohio, has begun to drop hints that something big may soon be announced, possibly even a reborn Son of Beast, according to coaster enthusiast groups, the Kings Island Central Forum, and a Reddit forum.

Along with statement from Chad: 

So what does Kings Island say?  Park spokesman Chad Showalter told WCPO "we have nothing to do with the speculation you are reporting on."

• Like 10

It turns out, according to coaster enthusiasts, when Cedar Fair starts teasing a new ride at one of its parks, they put the posters up at first at Cedar Point, in Sandusky (which is what they did last year when they teased a new ride at their Canadian park).

????????????

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

WCPO referenced this very thread about this topic:  https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/kings-island-teases-new-coaster-may-be-coming

Along with statement from Chad: 

Two things, first: “HOLY COW THIS SATIRICAL THREAD MADE THE NEWS?”, and I’m happy that the park can squash the crazy rumors before they got out of hand.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Nothing to be proud of possibly causing a publicity nightmare for the park. This is another black eye on the enthusiast community when fake stuff is generated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn’t cause it.  They just discussed it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

Nothing to be proud of possibly causing a publicity nightmare for the park. This is another black eye on the enthusiast community when fake stuff is generated.

I agree with @BoddaH1994. They didn't cause it. If this the thread wasn't here, it would still be talked about. The only one making a big deal out of it is you. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JubJester said:

I agree with @BoddaH1994. They didn't cause it. If this the thread wasn't here, it would still be talked about. The only one making a big deal out of it is you. 

Far more of an exposure than a black eye for KIC. The food outweighs the bad. However, I don’t think @oldschool is all that wrong. I think Chad should have simply said that what we are discussing had nothing to do with future plans (assuming of course that is the case) and the article would have been shot down. Especially if people just read the headline then it could lead to some disappointment that the park will have to deal with although they didn’t intentionally mislead.

• Like 1

So Cedar Fair releases multiple posters teasing Beast, SOB, and RMC and somehow it’s our fault for speculating what they are supposed to mean? Smh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe this is a storyline to connect all of the parks into an adhesive and immersive storyline. Disney has been doing this for years. They came up with a “secret society” storyline quite a while ago. Watch this video it sounds an awful lot like the whole inter-park posters. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Especially if people just read the headline then it could lead to some disappointment that the park will have to deal with although they didn’t intentionally mislead.

Unfortunately, you're right, they'll will people that will be mislead. @Oldschool75 saying it's going to be a "black eye" and a "nightmare" is going over the top....again.

2 hours ago, TheRickster said:

Stand by for the biggest let down since the shed... (and I wasn't that let down by the shed)

Oh, you know what the future plans are? How neat! :DThe people who thought it was a letdown, caused that themselves.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I just watched channel 9 and their coverage of the speculation where they showed a ton of Son of Beast footage. "Its fun to speculate isn't it?'

Yea we enthusiASts really love to speculate. Also like how they used Theme Park Crazy's footage.

• Like 1

So, I’ve been reading this page for YEARS now and this is the thread that finally prompted me to join. Here is my input....

I understand that at this point everything is just speculation. Cool. Could be nothing. Could be something. The thing that stands out most to me though, other than the teaser posters, is the wood at the memorial in the Banshee queue. I recall it being stated that someone knew the employee/operator that placed it there and that it meant nothing. My question is, where did this person obtain said wood? I don’t imagine that here are just random pieces of wood lying around there (I could be wrong). I can’t see that park management allowing any random employee to bring large pieces of wood in the park to stage as memorial. Just doesn’t seem likely. In the event that there was (wood lying around), I can’t imagine that just ANY park employee would have access to it. This would pose potential safety hazards if there were any nails or sharp pieces left behind. 

Anyways, without rambling on my first post, I’ll sum it up with this....

I’ve been going to this park for 30 years. If this is their new campaign for teasing a new or revived coaster, then it’s pure genius on their marketing teams behalf. Hats off to CF for keeping it fresh. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, FatButtcheekz said:

So, I’ve been reading this page for YEARS now and this is the thread that finally prompted me to join. Here is my input....

I understand that at this point everything is just speculation. Cool. Could be nothing. Could be something. The thing that stands out most to me though, other than the teaser posters, is the wood at the memorial in the Banshee queue. I recall it being stated that someone knew the employee/operator that placed it there and that it meant nothing. My question is, where did this person obtain said wood? I don’t imagine that here are just random pieces of wood lying around there (I could be wrong). I can’t see that park management allowing any random employee to bring large pieces of wood in the park to stage as memorial. Just doesn’t seem likely. In the event that there was (wood lying around), I can’t imagine that just ANY park employee would have access to it. This would pose potential safety hazards if there were any nails or sharp pieces left behind. 

Anyways, without rambling on my first post, I’ll sum it up with this....

I’ve been going to this park for 30 years. If this is their new campaign for teasing a new or revived coaster, then it’s pure genius on their marketing teams behalf. Hats off to CF for keeping it fresh. 

Hey man that was my friend that works Banshee that put the wood there, he was doing locks one day and by SOB station there was some wood piled up along the side of the old unused station for when they cut grass, so yes the wood was there from the destruction of SOB, a few pieces here and there. I personally know the guy that put that there, so the wood is not a teaser lol

• Like 1

Does anyone have a legit picture of the post at Cedar Point? The one posted is a real close up that you can see some sliver of a building. I'd like to see a clear shot of the building.

Like everyone else said, if this poster really is at Cedar Point, then the comments from the rep at KI might be true ("Park spokesman Chad Showalter told WCPO, "We have nothing to do with the speculation you are reporting on.")", but the CP rep sounds fishy (a spokesman for Cedar Point, Tony Clark, told us, "Cedar Point does not comment on rumor or speculation. Fun stuff, though, isn't it?"). Saying "we don't comment on rumor and speculation" is not the same as saying "It isn't true". They are totally hinting at something, and they WANT people to hype up over it. What gets more hype than a bunch of hilarious conspiracy speculation stories?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Stoan said:

Does anyone have a legit picture of the post at Cedar Point? The one posted is a real close up that you can see some sliver of a building. I'd like to see a clear shot of the building.

Like everyone else said, if this poster really is at Cedar Point, then the comments from the rep at KI might be true ("Park spokesman Chad Showalter told WCPO, "We have nothing to do with the speculation you are reporting on.")", but the CP rep sounds fishy (a spokesman for Cedar Point, Tony Clark, told us, "Cedar Point does not comment on rumor or speculation. Fun stuff, though, isn't it?"). Saying "we don't comment on rumor and speculation" is not the same as saying "It isn't true". They are totally hinting at something, and they WANT people to hype up over it. What gets more hype than a bunch of hilarious conspiracy speculation stories?

We have one on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/fyecoasters 

• Like 1

Let's look at the facts:

1. "Giga" shoveled in snow and re-shoveled in employee-only area and left there long after park closes for the Winterfest season and remained until snow melted.  Being left there and re-shoveled is a key point here.     

2. Posters allegedly appearing at CP seemingly linking AE (a mine ride), SOB and RMC via CP Mining Company by referencing Outpost 5. AE is located adjacent to former SOB site. Also, site # that they reference in poster is the day SOB closed if you reverse it. 

3. SOB signs such as barrels, etc. showing up at MT and Beast rides the last year or so and at Haunt.

4. Wood and flowers at SOB memorial appear. Whether they were put there by employees or whomever, once again, key point being, that they have been left there.

5. Other possible teaser randomly appearing in Tower Gardens that could be a mining link to the poster at CP, which therefore links itself back to KI.

6. Another alleged poster at CP which links CP and KI by using "Mason and Sandusky since 1993 Oak strong and Iron bound" by showing a barrel with steel wrapped around it. Also possibly linking SOB logo on barrels seen placed around KI lately with RMC and a 1993 reference to the year TOP GUN was opened, which is right next to SOB Outpost 5 station. 

There is obviously SOMETHING going on. They do leave a lot of ambiguity to increase speculation in some of this. I like how they do that. FUN STUFF, indeed!  But the facts I listed above IMO are somewhat straightforward. I'm going to CP this weekend. I'll try to look for alleged posters. 

• Like 5

My viewpoint is that it is brilliant.  I know SOB was a huge liability for the park, but it also has a lot of goodwill associated with it.  They could be playing off that goodwill.  Also, remember that Chad Showalter told Brad in the KIC interview that they are going to make old things new again.  ( not a direct quote).  That could literally mean anything.  

I don't want FUN to go the way of SIX by blending all their parks into a single identity, but I do like the idea of a theme carrying over from one park to the next.  

• Like 2

CF and KI took a bit of a beating in the coaster enthusiast forums when they delivered MT, even though Banshee had opened only 3 years earlier. If we're starting to see some teasers, and I'm kinda believing that we are, then I would expect a whole huge 2019 season of teasers, media releases and maybe an announcement during Haunt. If you want to build a steel, you're only looking at 5-6 months (in this area, anyway) for build time.  I would look for it to be going in close to X-Base/Coney Mall area, utilizing the wooded area alongside Firehawk, and the extinct Dinosaurs Alive location.  It could run out to the front of the park, easily, just so it can carry some kind of nostalgic touch to SOB .  

I've been a lifetime attendee to KI, meaning the lifetime of the park. I've seen them come and I've seen them go. But where the coaster industry is right now, I think they're spot on with whatever they build. Anything we get, should be amazing! And you can bet it WILL be the biggest, highest, longest and fastest in the world. 

• Like 2

How is nobody not questioning fyecoasters for a name of his source regarding said wood at Banshee?:P

If a big coaster is the next KI coaster it is because it was already planned prior to recent data.  I do agree with CoastersRZ about coasters in the near future... Issues with Steel Vengeance aside for a moment, but that coaster did not move the needle like CF had hoped.  Reading between the lines in CF statements and conference calls, Mystic Timbers moved the attendance needle more than the record breaking Steel Vengeance did...that will have an impact on future improvements not already on the books...

• Like 2