Cedar Fair Posters with Easter Eggs

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

How is nobody not questioning fyecoasters for a name of his source regarding said wood at Banshee?

If a big coaster is the next KI coaster it is because it was already planned prior to recent data.  I do agree with CoastersRZ about coasters in the near future... Issues with Steel Vengeance aside for a moment, but that coaster did not move the needle like CF had hoped.  Reading between the lines in CF statements and conference calls, Mystic Timbers moved the attendance needle more than the record breaking Steel Vengeance did...that will have an impact on future improvements not already on the books...

Questioning us about what? The name of my friend, for his sake.... thats why 

Just now, Fye Coasters said:

Questioning us about what? The name of my friend, for his sake.... thats why 

Oh I know why you haven't said a name lol, I am just pointing out the inconsistency on the forum that we have active threads right now where people are asking for the name/source and nobody is questioning you lol.  But it has been days since you first posted it was your friend and nobody has said that is against TOS lol:P

• Like 4

Just now, disco2000 said:

Oh I know why you haven't said a name lol, I am just pointing out the inconsistency on the forum that we have active threads right now where people are asking for the name/source and nobody is questioning you lol.  But it has been days since you first posted it was your friend and nobody has said that is against TOS lol:P

yeah true, lol no we were riding Banshee one day and he was like Josh, look down by the SOB station and there is a concrete slab on the ground and there was wood there, due to the people who cut grass moved it, so he placed it there, so then he put it in front of the SOB grave for ****z and giggles.... but yeah still fun to mess with people i guess even the news is on it now 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jdawg1998 said:

Over by Great Wolf behind employee parking there are a ton of construction vehicles and land clearing. I can try and get some pictures if anyone is interested. Unless, as you said @Codyfryguy, that is just for the employee dorms. Could be cool to see up close anyways. 

If you get pictures, please remember to do so legally and do not trespass...and this goes to anyone trying to get a scoop lol...

• Like 2

Just now, disco2000 said:

If you get pictures, please remember to do so legally and do not trespass...and this goes to anyone trying to get a scoop lol...

Not a problem - I was planning on doing it from the parking lot, or the end of the road. There's a large chain-link fence that closes it off. 

• Like 2

Not a problem - I was planning on doing it from the parking lot, or the end of the road. There's a large chain-link fence that closes it off. 

Unless you are a guest of GWL that would be trespassing also. There is nothing to see there. Just a cleared out field for the dorms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Unless you are a guest of GWL that would be trespassing also. There is nothing to see there. Just a cleared out field for the dorms.

1. I really don't believe it's trespassing to use a parking lot for a hotel for 10 minutes and

2. I am an employee there.

Alas, you are correct that it seems somewhat boring over there. When I first saw it I thought it was something different. 

• Like 5

I’m pretty sure anyone from the public can drive and take photos from GWL parking lot or public access roads that abut them. Definitely NOT trespassing.

There seems to be certain people on this forum (Oldschool75) that don’t want anyone looking at or speculating on teasers from Cedar Fair. I wish they would quit being so negative and embrace that we might be getting something new in 2020.

There is nothing to see at that spot though as I checked it out myself. Just a flat clearing for dorms. Not worth your time investigating.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, disco2000 said:

How is nobody not questioning fyecoasters for a name of his source regarding said wood at Banshee?:P

FYE was not questioned, for anyone on these boards could walk into the Banshee queue and see the wood placed there. The who is not really important to seeing the wood there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

FYE was not questioned, for anyone on these boards could walk into the Banshee queue and see the wood placed there. The who is not really important to seeing the wood there.

I am not questioning about the wood being there, that I have seen as well as many others.

I think when people are speculating it is a clue for the next attraction and someone simply discounts it as "my ride op friend told me he put it there" and doesn't name the person, the who at that point does matter.   How do we know it wasn't some 19 year old ride op taking credit for it that didn't do it? How do we know he wasn't asked to put it there by management as a clue?  What if the poster said a ride op told him it was a clue?  What if the poster simply made it up?  At what point does the who matter?

I have seen people be pressed for a named source for far less statements...

I thought I remember seeing a "litmus test" of sorts that someone posted once that said if naming the source could get the person fired, then it is best to not mention what they told you.  Could the ride op get fired for being in a restricted area and taking wood pieces and creating this little homage to SOB and changing the theming aspect of the ride without permission?  After all, this goes against darn near EVERYONE that wants to discount these clues by stating KI would never resurrect/celebrate a dark part of their history?

What if I said my friend in management told me he intentionally placed it there as a clue - would I not be pressed for the name of the source?

What if I said that my friend in corporate told me last year that our next coaster is a giga - would I not be pressed for the name of the source?

What if I said it was my ride op friend that shoveled giga in the snow in the restricted area as a joke - would I not be pressed for a name?  What if I said it was management as a clue? Would it matter then?

Or is "my employee friend" the new version of the dipping dots guy?:P

TLDR: I think the who matters when subject matter is part of current attraction speculation...

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

Hey man that was my friend that works Banshee that put the wood there, he was doing locks one day and by SOB station there was some wood piled up along the side of the old unused station for when they cut grass, so yes the wood was there from the destruction of SOB, a few pieces here and there. I personally know the guy that put that there, so the wood is not a teaser lol

I’ve sat on this all day. Haha. While I absolutely do not doubt you, I’m just curious why park officials wouldn’t remove the “memorial” placed by an operator (I assume), and not by the marketing or advertising team. Granted, I’m not as familiar with in park operations as most of you, but it just doesn’t sound like something management or supervision would be ok with. Unless your friend caught wind of upcoming expansion plans and the teaser/poster campaign, made their own little addition to speculation, marketing approved it, and it was left there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I am not questioning about the wood being there, that I have seen as well as many others.

I think when people are speculating it is a clue for the next attraction and someone simply discounts it as "my ride op friend told me he put it there" and doesn't name the person, the who at that point does matter.   How do we know it wasn't some 19 year old ride op taking credit for it that didn't do it? How do we know he wasn't asked to put it there by management as a clue?  What if the poster said a ride op told him it was a clue?  What if the poster simply made it up?

I have seen people be pressed for a named source for far less statements...

What if i said my friend in management told me it was intentionally placed there by him as a clue - would I not be pressed for the name of the source?

What if I said that my friend in corporate told me last year that our next coaster is a giga - would I not be pressed for the name of the source?

What if I said it was my ride op friend that shoveled giga in the snow in the restricted area as a joke - would I not be pressed for a name?  What if I said it was management as a clue? Would it matter then?

I thought I remember seeing a "litmus test" of sorts that someone posted once that said if naming the source could get the person fired, then it is best to not mention what they told you.  Could the ride op get fired for being in a restricted area and taking wood pieces and creating this little homage to SOB that darn near EVERYONE that wants to discount these clues as why would KI resurrect a dark part of their history and now a ride op is changing the theming aspect of the ride without permission?

Or is my "ride op friend" the new version of the dipping dots guy?

TLDR: I think the who matters when subject matter is part of current attraction speculation...

I don't know what you're getting at but I want some names for these hypothetical statements! Even if they are just hypothetical names.

On a more serious note I have to agree that FYE gave no proof of how the wood and flowers arrived at the SOB memorial. Perhaps many feel the explanation is likely and therefor aren't questioning it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, matt112986 said:

I don't know what you're getting at but I want some names for these hypothetical statements! Even if they are just hypothetical names.

On a more serious note I have to agree that FYE gave no proof of how the wood and flowers arrived at the SOB memorial. Perhaps many feel the explanation is likely and therefor aren't questioning it.

Yeah, the explanation is likely and I am not picking on FYE; I am just trying to figure out when a member is going to be pressed for a source and when they aren't lol.  

For the record, I do think the wood and flower is a great addition, but do ride ops have permission to simply change theming without getting approval?  But I think we already know that answer - just listen to all the ride op spiels referencing wrong rides and wrong parks, etc. lol.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Yeah, the explanation is likely and I am not picking on FYE; I am just trying to figure out when a member is going to be pressed for a source and when they aren't lol.  For the record, I do think the wood and flower is a great addition, but do ride ops have permission to simply change theming without getting approval?  But I think we already know that answer - just listen to all the ride op spiels referencing wrong rides and wrong parks, etc. lol.

THIS

• Like 1

I just want to put my two cents about speculation in here: I have been a coaster enthusiast and member here since 2011. I love coasters and theme parks, do not get me wrong. But this is just a "speculation" thread, and I understand the concern with wanting sources and not just hearing what the Dippin' Dots guy has to say, but really - this is just speculation on a roller coaster. It's not some political discussion over some FBI investigation or spreading information about how some shares of a stock are going to plummet leading us to some KIC insider trading. 

Not trying to be a mod in any way, but my point is: I honestly think it's quite fun to hear what everyone has to say. At this point, we know very little, and I think as long as we aren't intentionally misleading each other and telling everyone we know what's been said in this thread so far, we are all good. Just have fun with it. 

I am very excited to see whatever KI has up its sleeve, if anything at all. Intriguing times ahead!

• Like 3

BACK ON TOPIC WE GO! So I have source from someone who was at the park saying the rid of booth lights in Son of Beasts station are back on at night, sadly no photo confirmation :-(, it can be seen while on Banshee and possibly from the Banshee platform, if anyone would be able or willing to go check this out and get some photo evidence it would be greatly appreciated!!! :-)

• Like 2

BACK ON TOPIC WE GO! So I have source from someone who was at the park saying the rid of booth lights in Son of Beasts station are back on at night, sadly no photo confirmation :-(, it can be seen while on Banshee and possibly from the Banshee platform, if anyone would be able or willing to go check this out and get some photo evidence it would be greatly appreciated!!! :-)
Not trying to shoot this theory down but there's a possibility of it being prep for wolf pack and haunt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

- are the enthusiasts being set up for major disappointment or major excitement....

If someone is disappointed, that is all their fault. The park has mentioned and spoke about the rumors, and there is nothing besides posters at another park.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Since we have yet to see the wood in the Banshee queue, I just entered the line and got a few pics. Is it a hint or just added theming from a ride op as we have heard?

20180811_142022.jpg20180811_142030.jpg

Let's hope a hint!!!!! Just got home from Ki.  Sooo humid!

• Like 1