PLANET OASIS

It actually may help both parks.  This is clearly a destination park and is nearly equidistant between KI and CP at right about 2 hours drive.  Many could include two or all three in their vacation.   Did Universal hurt Disney or just make central Florida a more popular destination?

• Like 2

Because families as a majority don’t plan trips based on roller coasters they base it on things for the whole family to do. Plus if it’s being touted as a destination park, then families usually do something 1-2x per year. If they choose OASIS over KI then that hurts KI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

No.

There are plenty of family attractions in Ohio that people are able to do for a day. Zoos, museums, down here in Cincinnati and Dayton there's Scene75, sporting events, outdoor activities...I find it highly unlikely many families will begin to choose this overly hyped, and in my opinion, most likely underwhelming entertainment center that seems to be an oversized, as I mentioned before, Scene75. Kings Island and Cedar Point are still the go-to destinations for major trips around the area. This will be a mere blip on the radar, in which a parent will wake up one day and think "Hey, let's all go to Planet Oasis".

I may be pretty scathing on this development, but I really don't think it's going to be all that.

Edit: I am also getting annoyed by news headlines describing it as "an amusement park four times the size of Disneyland". It is not an amusement park. And it is no way anywhere in relation to Disneyland. Coney Island is more like Disneyland than this will be.

• Like 5

yeaaaah I mean I am in Central Ohio and haven't heard anything about it since they news broke.  I can say that did plan on breaking ground in Oct I believe. I mean it sounds fun and stuff but its not gonna be a KI or CP. As kids grow older then want roller coasters. I don't see that hindering anyone's plans. CP and KI are on another level and they want those shows and rides for all ages.

4 hours ago, TotallyNotAnActor said:

I'm interested in what KI and CP will do to compete with Planet Oasis. I feel it could bring some new and exciting things for both parks!

They will just wait for the company to start having financial trouble then purchase it.  You know the rest of the story from there.   <_<

2 hours ago, jdawg1998 said:

Edit: I am also getting annoyed by news headlines describing it as "an amusement park four times the size of Disneyland". It is not an amusement park. And it is no way anywhere in relation to Disneyland. Coney Island is more like Disneyland than this will be.

Some of my Facebook friends have been sharing the "Disneyland" stories on my timeline, and I just have to roll my eyes.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

They will just wait for the company to start having financial trouble then purchase it.  You know the rest of the story from there.   <_<

Sadly, you're probably right. The economy is ramping up, and an unscrupulous investor may see an opportunity.   

• Like 1