White Water Canyon Construction

KIfan73

If you have Twitter, and don't follow "Kings Island History", you should....these are fascinating pictures of (IMHO) one of the best things at Kings Island...these pics only reinforce that notion for me...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, whengodsaysgo said:

That’s right! Gosh it’s been so long. Also, does Phantom/Scooby/Boo Blasters count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boo Blasters has the same rotating loading platform as the original Enchanted Voyage the opened in '72 with the park.  It's listed as "defunct" above, as that actual attraction is no more, but the building, loading platform, and other parts remain.

• Like 2

Growing up, I only got to go once a year.. looks like it closed when I was 16. I must of just spent my day each year on the other rides.. idk.  

I do know it was sad after the day was over and had to wait a whole year to go again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

Boo Blasters has the same rotating loading platform as the original Enchanted Voyage the opened in '72 with the park.  It's listed as "defunct" above, as that actual attraction is no more, but the building, loading platform, and other parts remain.

I didn't realize they had saved that loading platform!  I wonder what that area would look like from above? Back then and now?

<_<

One of the things that hooked me on Kings Island many years ago were how they blended rides into the natural terrain of the park.  Beast, AE, WWC, Viking Fury, KCKC, Congo Falls (to an extent), etc.  That is why I am so impressed and happy with Mystic Timbers.  The effort put in to get that ride to feel like it is a part of the landscape was just phenomenal.  An awesome nod to the history of Kings Island (not to mention the fantastic way that it also interacts with WWC, the train, etc.).  I would guess the park needs the thrilling, reach-to-the-sky coasters and attractions, but I really feel like the real genius of Kings Island is when they can make something feel like it has always been in the spot that it was installed in.

• Like 6

One of the things that hooked me on Kings Island many years ago were how they blended rides into the natural terrain of the park.  Beast, AE, WWC, Viking Fury, KCKC, Congo Falls (to an extent), etc.  That is why I am so impressed and happy with Mystic Timbers.  The effort put in to get that ride to feel like it is a part of the landscape was just phenomenal.  An awesome nod to the history of Kings Island (not to mention the fantastic way that it also interacts with WWC, the train, etc.).  I would guess the park needs the thrilling, reach-to-the-sky coasters and attractions, but I really feel like the real genius of Kings Island is when they can make something feel like it has always been in the spot that it was installed in.

Agree wholly! Shape the rides to the terrain, not the other way around.

It gives everything a more natural feel. Some rides at KI are better at this than others. In some cases, some now defunct rides were awful at this.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, KIfan73 said:

I would guess the park needs the thrilling, reach-to-the-sky coasters and attractions, but I really feel like the real genius of Kings Island is when they can make something feel like it has always been in the spot that it was installed in.

Totally agree-The whole area around MT is awesome now. My dream is of a reach to the sky coaster that also uses the terrain/woods