Cedar Point to Remove Witches' Wheel

I have ridden Witches' Wheel several times, and I have enjoyed it! I thought about it when I rode Silver Bullet (another Enterprise) at Darien Lake last week. :)

Looks like Witches' Wheel will join Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle (technically), Action Theater, and Shockwave on the list of defunct rides I've ridden...

3 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

If anybody can squeeze a Giga in that spot CP can.  

I hadn’t been on an enterprise in about 10 years until I rode WW a couple of weeks ago.   Loved them as a kid, not so much now.  

I believe that Giga will actually go under the park and under/through Lake Erie. 

• Haha 1

Sad to see it go, It is a really fun ride! Honestly, after Kentucky Kingdom removed their's last year, I was wondering when other parks would start removing them as well........ It seems that Carowinds, CGA, WOF and Dorney are the other parks left to have one. Hopefully they don't get removed left and right sort of like with almost all of the top scans in the chain.

It's a Tony Clark post. You can't necessarily tell the difference between a red herring, a hint, and an inconsequential detail. He's good at his job. The Witches' Wheel site is between the Magnum entrance and exit/Fast Lane entrance; I wouldn't read much more into it than that.

It is a really fun ride, so hopefully we see a newer generation HUSS Enterprise or a clone (eg. Scream Extream at KK) debut somewhere in the park.

Who's planning to be there on Labor Day for final rides? @acole5292?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t see anything happening to Magnum.  It is still fairly reliable and can eat people well if called upon. 

Unfortunately looks like I will be there on Sunday 9/2, historically Saturday and Sunday can be really crowded if good weather. Full lot, parking on grass crowded. Reason is some friends have tickets expire that day  and don’t have very flexible schedules but will be staying overnight so thinking of going back Monday and maybe spending some time at the beach.  At least the hotel has a pool if it gets crazy Sunday.  

• Like 1

^ Just depends on if anything else is on the chopping block next off season. Maybe Gemini? I am not sure anything else close to Witches' Wheel would be removed. I doubt it's Gemini but why only free up that little spot. Unless another flat is going there.

I mean, Cedar Point essentially just got 2 coasters in a row (Valravn and they spent 2 years for Steel Vengeance).  They would have announced Gemini's closure with Witch's Wheel if it was going.  I really don't think it is.  Its still running great.   I think WW just got to its retirement phase.  Its removal might be for a flat replacement since that area is now pretty vibrant. 

• Like 3

That's what I am saying...…..There is something more to this. It may not have to deal with Gemini. Why start that early to remove something so small. I wasn't saying they will remove Gemini. I was thinking of the oldest ride in that area they could be removed? I doubt it though.

As I stated in another forum, I'm thinking it's being removed to be relocated (hopefully to KI).  They could put it in the old Flight Commander space and put an LED lighting package to match shake, rattle & roll, the scrambler and what is rumored for The Racer.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, robintodd said:

As I stated in another forum, I'm thinking it's being removed to be relocated (hopefully to KI).  They could put it in the old Flight Commander space and put an LED lighting package to match shake, rattle & roll, the scrambler and what is rumored for The Racer.

I am fine with this

• Like 2

I don't think the closing has anything to do with relocation.  If it's being relocated, they won't need more than a few weeks to set it up, it's not a complicated install.

The more likely thing is they 1) won't have to worry about staffing it 2) might possibly use that area for Halloween Haunt, or 3) they are planning on clearing that space out while the park is weekends only.

Much like an older car I think the situation could be more like if we do this for $ we can keep it open til Labor Day.  If we want to keep it going longer it's gonna be this $$.  Well was probably going to get rid of it anyway but would be nice to keep it just a little bit longer but gotta start shopping soon.  Like an old car you can do a little bit of maintenance and keep it going for a short time or you pay for the rebuild and keep it going a lot longer.  Sometimes you just need that little bit longer instead.   The Huss version isn't like losing the 68 Stingray.

• Like 1