Question about Beast's entrance?

KingsMills79

I have basically two questions regarding our beloved Beast...

1) Where is the ACE Coaster Landmark Award plaque that was placed at the entrance back in 2004? Was it removed/relocated?

2) For years I have always wondered what is directly behind the M&M/Coke machines right at the entrance where the employee checks for height requirement? Google Earth just shows there is some sort of red tin building (possibly storage) but more importantly, what is directly behind the wooden wall facade? It doesn't look like part of the queue and would be curious to know if was in fact an empty room or just for show.

36 minutes ago, KingsMills79 said:

I have basically two questions regarding our beloved Beast...

1) Where is the ACE Coaster Landmark Award plaque that was placed at the entrance back in 2004? Was it removed/relocated?  

2) For years I have always wondered what is directly behind the M&M/Coke machines right at the entrance where the employee checks for height requirement? Google Earth just shows there is some sort of red tin building (possibly storage) but more importantly, what is directly behind the wooden wall facade? It doesn't look like part of the queue and would be curious to know if was in fact an empty room or just for show.

The ACE plaque is on the left as you walk into the station right past the greeter.

The Beast station used to house a concession stand years ago where the vending machines are.  I'll see if I can find a picture.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

The Beast station used to house a concession stand years ago where the vending machines are.  I'll see if I can find a picture.

Fascinating! I hope you find that picture. Was this when it originally opened? 

The backside of the building was a Coke stand and the front half was a gift shop. Since the exit was originally near Slaughterhouse, you walked back towards the building and the gift shop. I still have an “I rode The Beast” pin that I bought from that shop somewhere. 

I seem to recall a Beast concession stand on the main walkway in Rivertown, closer to the pizza and arcade in the 90s. This was when there were still "Beast-prints" leading to the ride. However, my memory could be betraying me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

I seem to recall a Beast concession stand on the main walkway in Rivertown, closer to the pizza and arcade in the 90s. This was when there were still "Beast-prints" leading to the ride. However, my memory could be betraying me. 

May have been something, but I know there was a stand where the machines are-right before the height check. IIRC there was a minor uproar when they stopped selling beer there, which was before my beer days. They also used to blast music pretty loud. I imagine The Beast line once was a rather social/festive atmosphere with beer and music as opposed to everyone staring at their phones or at TVs.

::shakes old man fist at the world::

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, NoChickens said:

Sigh,  4 row PTC's, buzz bars, no head rests.....at least the helix is still there.

And red-to-yellow trains, complete redwood staining of the coaster, trees around the entire station instead of that hideous aluminum building......

• Like 2

^I think it was something to do with Vortex's construction that led to the removal of The Beast pond. (I could be wrong, though)

One thing I wish they would do on Beast's queue is put an actual roof over the switchbacks and the ramp up to the station, maybe widen the switchback lanes as well.  The queue up to the ramp feels a tad claustrophobic at times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XGatorHead 8904 said:

^ Vortex was there long before the water was taken out around The Beast.

The reason I heard for the water's removal was because it was a good breeding ground for mosquitoes, plus it collected trash pretty regularly and the water made it not so easy to keep the area clean.

That sounds like the best reason. Couldn't imagine how bad the trash would be today if it was still around. Plus all the bugs.

I am sure a certain someone from Slaughterhouse wouldn't mind all the mosquitoes being around.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2018 at 12:42 PM, Joshua said:

I always wondered why Kings Island removed the “Beast Prints” because I thought they were cool because they led all the way there. Maybe one day they will return to the park, one day...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AZ Kinda Guy said:

#RMCTheBeast

I heard there's a ghost at Kings Island that can control park plans. This ghost is not only known to roam the park, but these forums! If you keep saying RMC The Beast like you have been, the ghost will haunt officials until they say they'll do it.

It worked for the gliders and antique cars! Maybe it will work for you! You just have to believe in the ghost!

• Haha 1

No way should The Beast get the RMC treatment.  The ride is fine the way it is.  

Remember, that back when you exited by Slaughterhouse there was actually a fourth queue house.  (The station, middle one and the lower one are all that remain today).  It used to reside where the fence and ride photo is today.  Also back around 2009 or so they removed the center divider queue rail on the ramp.  You used to have to decide front or back of the train at the bottom of the ramp up into the station.

• Like 5