Which coaster gets the RMC axe?

matthew0813

Didn’t S&S buy Arrow?   If so, wouldn’t they be producing parts to maintain the many Arrows still out there?    The Arrows being removed are bad rough rides.   AE is a little klunky but not a bad ride.    

Cedar Points mine train is over 50 years old and still rides great.  Carolina Goldrusher is 47 and also great. 

AE should be renovated and marketed as a new ride.   Not removed.    Rethemed to match Oktoberfest and a long helix added after the final lift hill.    It would give the park a “new” ride at Low cost.  

Every park should have a Mine train.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AE is still a great ride.  Sometimes people don't understand that families are more likely to come to park where there are things that the whole family can do just not the teens riding the extreme coasters.  KI has enough land to accommodate both.

It is also things like AE which are why IMO, CP may have a better overall coaster lineup but KI is a better overall park.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

AE is still a great ride.  Sometimes people don't understand that families are more likely to come to park where there are things that the whole family can do just not the teens riding the extreme coasters.  KI has enough land to accommodate both.

It is also things like AE which are why IMO, CP may have a better overall coaster lineup but KI is a better overall park.

Totally agree.

• Like 3

I definitely think that when looking at what coasters they should add down the line, make sure we keep height requirement in mind. If we are just building these massive b&m coasters that are 54", while it's good for us or the teens or people who are into big thrills, it's not good for the families who have young kids and want stuff the whole family can enjoy. I think another family coaster or a coaster that is 48" or less should either be the next coaster or the one after. Mystic Timbers was a good step in that direction. Plus KI just removed a coaster that has a 48" height requirement. So if they were to remove another 48" height requirement coaster and not replace it with a 48" height requirement or less, I think that wouldn't be the best for families with young kids who want stuff for the whole family. 

• Like 2

I don’t really even like RMC hybrids nor do I want to see one come to the park. RMCs restraints are uncomfortable and their rides don’t seem to be high capacity. Not to mention their most recent conversions seem to have had a lot of issues. Kings Islands investments into high capacity and reliable rides is the way to go in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Please understand that I’m not trying to ruffle any feathers by saying that AE is a shell of itself or would be my pick for removal. These are all my opinions.

Racer RMC is my opinion as well and like Don I also have strong feelings for it due to what that ride stands for me as a child and being my first coaster. I still however like the the thought of a dueling RMC which Racer meets that criteria. I seldom ride it anymore when visiting the park but only because there are better rides with longer cue lines and it always gets put into the category of “if we get to it” with the group.

The Beast is still the best woodie of all time and Twisted Timbers is no slouch either. These two are strong enough to represent woodies at any other park by themselves let alone together in one.

But Twisted Timbers is not a wood coaster. If it was than so would be Steel Vengence, Gemini and arrow mine trains 

I'm honestly surprised how many people are against an RMC of any type coming to Kings Island. Yes, I'm against a conversion of one of our wooden coasters, but I'm all for a ground up. But it's all the matter of opinion. I can understand why some people wouldn't like them because the restraints aren't the most comfortable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

RMCs definitely have their flaws.   Some of their attempts at unique airtime end up being jerky and/or they try to cram too much into a short distance.  

The first half of Twisted  Timbers is great.  The second half is a great example of Trying to do too much in a short length of track and making a jerky ride.  The final bunny hops of steel vengeance are also another example The final bunny hops of steel vengeance are also another example    

• Confused 2

On 3/7/2020 at 11:39 AM, Klabergian Empire said:

Is that breaking the 11th Commandment?

On 3/7/2020 at 12:36 PM, Snowball said:

I feel like that would definitely break the 11th commandment, however, we need an official word on that.

Uh, RMCing Adventure Express definitely qualifies as messing with it, which most definitely breaks the Eleventh Commandment.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, DiamondBeast said:

Are the restraints on RMC raptors any more comfortable?

I haven't personally ridden a raptor, but I've heard that if you're tall the comfort collars dig into your shoulders a bit.

IMO the normal RMC restraints are pretty comfy and I'm 6'3" so the raptor restraints will probably be the worse of the two for me

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DiamondBeast said:

Are the restraints on RMC raptors any more comfortable?

I have ridden Wonder Woman at SFFT and I will say the restraints are definitely worse than the regular RMC restraints which I personally like. I think they are only really slightly painful during the strong ejector moments when the collars can dig into your shoulder. However, the ride is short and extremely fast paced so it doesn't take away very much at all from the experience.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:11 PM, DiamondBeast said:

Oh my god! I thought I was the only one who found RMC's restraints uncomfortable! I wanted to like Steel Vengeance and Lightning Rod so much, but the restraints on them just hurt me to badly.

I have only ridden SV as far as RMC's go, but the restraints caused pretty much the worst pain I've felt on a ride since SOB.  These might even be worse for me than that if I am to be honest.  I wanted to like it so much, so I gave it 3 tries, but all i could think about the whole time was how bad it hurt.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

I have only ridden SV as far as RMC's go, but the restraints caused pretty much the worst pain I've felt on a ride since SOB.  These might even be worse for me than that if I am to be honest.  I wanted to like it so much, so I gave it 3 tries, but all i could think about the whole time was how bad it hurt.

I don't understand why so many people think its so bad. I do not find RMC restraints bad at all. I have only ridden 3 with those restraints and one isn't even RMC. The 2 at Kentucky Kingdom and Steel Vengeance. I even love the rapid bunny hops at the end of Steel Vengeance and Storm Chaser too. I find the headbanging over the shoulder restraints found on looping arrows, Vekoma boomerangs and any B&M over the shoulder restraint is worse. Raptor kind is worse than the newer Banshee kind but still give me RMC leg restraints over those any day. 

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 4:47 PM, SnakePlissken said:

I don't understand why so many people think its so bad. I do not find RMC restraints bad at all. I have only ridden 3 with those restraints and one isn't even RMC.

I think the restraints are comfortable at first, but, once you hit that airtime, your restraints can come down more mid ride and staple you. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's god awfully painful.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 4:47 PM, SnakePlissken said:

I find the headbanging over the shoulder restraints found on looping arrows, Vekoma boomerangs and any B&M over the shoulder restraint is worse.

For the Arrow Loopers, I think they would be worse for me if I haven't ridden them so many of them. I've kind of gotten used to them. As for the SLCs, I've only ridden one (Kong at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom) and, it was very rough, but I found it fun actually.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 4:50 PM, SnakePlissken said:

The only ride so far that has left bruises and marks on me so far was Firehawk.

The only ride that has bruised me up is The Beast, which I love to death. The first time I rode it I rode it near the back and I got a bruise on my leg. My mother, who loves the ride too and has rode it a million times since the 80s, called it a "beast bruise" and said that she got them a lot after riding The Beast. We always have a good laugh when one of us gets a little busted up on The Beast and I still have a pic of me in front of The Beast sign with my injury.

p.s R.I.P Firehawk

• 2 weeks later...

Son of Beast would be the best RMC hybrid for Kings Island. They should make a layout of what Son of Beast should've been like with the vertical loop at a nice position of the ride. They could add an inversion before you go to the chain and it can be taller or the same height. Then it can have the same drop layout as Son of Beast does and they can figure out the rest of the layout. It would be nice to see the ride come on Kings Island's 50th anniversary. It would be a record breaking RMC hybrid. It can be called Ultimate Beast.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:11 PM, sikkinixx99 said:

Steel Vengeance restraints just kept getting tighter on my lap rode it 3 times and when we left the station it was all good but after the drop it would get tighter with every airtime moment. Left marks on me.

This is the same experience I had all 3 tries as well.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 12:28 PM, HandsUp said:

Just remove Vortex and build a ground up in its place

I know this was written a year before they announced Vortex departure, but now that it's removed I'm betting we'll see an RMC in place of Vortex. I've said this in other threads, but I would love to see a ground up wooden topper track roller coaster similar to outlaw run. The one thing I would do is make it the same height as what Vortex was; maybe 150 feet instead. I would also love to see them add an actual loop to pay tribute to SOB. Maybe they could introduce the batwing element like Vortex had. That's my thoughts for today. Take care now. Bye bye then!

• Like 2