Wildwood Grove Dollywood 2019

17rfid.png

Photo posted by ACE Southeast via Facebook 

With the announcement just hours away I've grown more excited of what may come.  With the recent teasing and the name drop this could be a great addition.  I may be wrong but it seems to be an "enchanted forest" theme.  With the park comparing this new land to rival Disney I'm getting the feeling of what I've affectionately termed "Redneck Avatar Land" may be created.  Of course there won't be blue people in this version unless they include the Appalachian Blue People (best not to look into that).   In all seriousness though I think this is Dollywood's shot to cement their spot on the map.  The new area likely won't include some major thrills but I think this is where they define their future. 

Not a whole lot is known other than 8 new attractions and a restaurant.   One is allegedly an Orkanan clone whic

Another a swinging boat ride,  rumored that River Battle will be reinstalled up there, a pony track ride which I'm sure is likely to be like Moose on the Loose another ride Herschend installed when operating Darien Lake.

Then a play area, a new restaurant, and other attractions.  Only a few hours away to find out.

Link to Friday August 3rd, 2018 morning announcement (10am EST I think?)

http://bit.ly/2OcUDf2 #DW2019

• Like 2

Here's Dollywood's blog about the area.

https://blog.dollywood.com/index.php/2018/08/03/dollywoods-new-land-offers-attractions-experiences/

Definitely think it's a good addition surprised River Battle wasn't part of it but still hoping that gets reinstalled at some point. The water park would be a great place for it.

• Like 3

Funny you mention Walt Disney; the Tree of Life (DAK) came to mind when they revealed the tree with butterflies as the centerpiece.

Overall, the area looks amazing and I'm excited for the possibilty of a new coaster credit (it's been a while since I've bern there, so Dollywood would have 3 new credits waiting for me, 4 if you count Whistle Punk Chaser).

• Like 1