Decoding 2019/2020

ohiocoasterfan

So I’ve seen the recent teaser posters throughout various parks and I’m not sure why you guys are not more excited. The first I saw was this wonderful RMC indicator:

c6c56409a9408f220f7e5d61853ea313.png

To me “Oak Bound and Iron Strong would hint to a wood and steel coaster. Additionally it ties Mason to Sandusky (SteVe) Okay maybe no big deal right?

Then we have this poster allegedly found at Cedar Point

549ac90582fb0343c5b33c372700d42d.png

So, this has numerous references to SOB (Number 5 is alive, Outpost 5, Clearly a picture of Beasts station, Site 6919 which backwards and flipped upside down as is the 5 on the cart reveals the closing date of SOB as 6-19-9 (look it up its real). Huge clues right there.

So today we get this teaser poster from Kings Dominion

22e62df625a809b7e834846fa6c01124.jpg

This has obvious references to The Beast and another view of the station. It also has rough sketches of RMC Hurler’s cue line with the star and orb.

Additionally we all know the reports of Fred Grubbs and other Cedar Fair Executives recently in the park. Do you think they were studying The Racer and formulating plans in front of guests during business hours? Come on now really?

So I’m a long time lurker pre Banshee and I’ve seen how these campaigns go. It makes no sense to me why they would throw in SOB hints if they didn’t have a plan to come back and redeem this coaster. This also lends to hints throughout KI with The flame having SOB wood and the barrel and pitchfork scene. Why would you remind customers of a failed coaster unless there were plans to make it right? It wouldn’t make sense as a business.

Additionally park attendance and season pass has been down this year according to the 2nd quarter financials and they are building a 2 billion dollar new entertainment complex in Columbus.

My guess is a ground up RMC. 2019 is likely out of the question. Tell me your thoughts. I sincerely hope they can redeem SOB as it seems like they have a great multi park storyline they are presenting to us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think these teaser posters are from Carowinds’ construction fence. Carowinds is rumored to get a new roller coaster next year. Screamscape has photos for the Calico poster from Carowinds:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/carowinds.htm

Scroll down to the 2019 new coaster section.

• Like 1

I think these teaser posters are from Carowinds’ construction fence. Carowinds is rumored to get a new roller coaster next year. Screamscape has photos for the Calico poster from Carowinds:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/carowinds.htm

Scroll down to the 2019 new coaster section.

Yes I get that the poster is a teaser poster for Carowinds but it also has a picture of The Beast’s station. Why are they referencing it? Here is a closeup.

8fb652399f1b5936a2e468cbabc8aa0d.jpg

e3bc71bf9409e4828c6cad5fdadbdb10.jpg

It’s probably geared toward us coaster enthusiasts and not for the General Public. The general public won’t get the references if they’ve never been to other Cedar Fair Parks. Sometimes we need to not think like a coaster enthusiast.

• Like 2

Just hope KI isn't trolling us. In the Elixir CP poster, it reads " beware of charlatans preying on your local community". This leaves it open that trolling could be occurring just to get people excited and coming back to the park because attendance is down.  Hope not, though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jtro223 said:

If trolling could be positive, troll away.  I am really enjoying what they are doing.  It's what sets CF apart (for the most part.)

I enjoy it also. It is quite creative, but unfortunately it tends to get hopes built up and let downs occur when they don't come true. 

• Like 2

Only if you let it. Life is full of ebb and flow.  

I've found myself exited about getting a Big Mac, but had to bail on the line because I had to get to work on time.  

Expectation vs reality is something we all have to deal with.  

In my experience expectation is always a +%10 over reality, but I'm an optimist, lol 

• Like 5

I finally figured it out. All this "Outpost Five" stuff is pure fluff.

If you have watched Gravity at all, it is so clear what the next coaster is going to be:

Intamin GiGa launched.  Space themed in X-base.  

Why else would they have a spaced themed Cirque show?  Why else would Lt. Phil complain (in the pre-show audio) that the seat belts are too tight?  Why else would the pre-show audio focus on Lt Phil's digestive issues and flatus?  (Intamin will use the S&S tech that used air compression to launch the coaster they had at Kings Dominion.)  Why else would the spaceship have the 5-10 numbers?  Outpost 5!  Doubled the speed (of the launch) of TTD, using Lt. Phil's compressed methane.

Elementary sleuthing.  All from Gravity.

S/He who has ears, let her/him hear.

Disclaimer:  Pure parody.  Continue on with speculation.

Edit:  for gender inclusivity.

Edited by jtro223
for gender inclusivity.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I found another clue from a Carowinds teaser poster from late June that directly links to KI. They had a poster of the Miami River Lumber Company. The most telling hint is at the bottom of the poster (Images aren’t attaching for some reason but the teaser twitter post can be found on Screamscape Carowinds)

It reads at the bottom:

“Your lumber is obtained by means of vengeance.

Notice: We are temporarily sold out of Southern Yellow Pine until our next shipment arrives next season.”

To me vengeance is a clear reference to RMC SteVe.

Additionally you’ll recall that the poster found at Cedar Point that references Outpost 5 and Five is Alive also references looking for stalwart men that have a full understanding of Southern Yellow Pine (among other things).

Conclusions...

So we have multiple RMC references, multiple Southern Yellow Pine references, and multiple Outpost 5 references. This all leads me to believe next year we will begin construction on a RMC in Action Zone to replace SOB (utilizing the station) that should open in 2020.

Let’s hope so!

• Like 2

Here is something cool i thought about that Kings Island could be thinking:

The Beast opens in 1979.

SOB announced 20 years later in 1999 & opens in 2000.

Possible RMC announced in 2019 & opens in 2020, which would be 20 years after SOB was built.

Also with the early teasing, we may get an early announcement on 6-19-19, 10 years to the day that Son of Beast closed for good.

This all might sound a little far fetched but you never know!

• Like 4

On 8/2/2018 at 11:29 PM, ohiocoasterfan said:

So I’ve seen the recent teaser posters throughout various parks and I’m not sure why you guys are not more excited. The first I saw was this wonderful RMC indicator:

c6c56409a9408f220f7e5d61853ea313.png

To me “Oak Bound and Iron Strong would hint to a wood and steel coaster. Additionally it ties Mason to Sandusky (SteVe) Okay maybe no big deal right?

Then we have this poster allegedly found at Cedar Point

549ac90582fb0343c5b33c372700d42d.png

So, this has numerous references to SOB (Number 5 is alive, Outpost 5, Clearly a picture of Beasts station, Site 6919 which backwards and flipped upside down as is the 5 on the cart reveals the closing date of SOB as 6-19-9 (look it up its real). Huge clues right there.

So today we get this teaser poster from Kings Dominion

22e62df625a809b7e834846fa6c01124.jpg

This has obvious references to The Beast and another view of the station. It also has rough sketches of RMC Hurler’s cue line with the star and orb.

Additionally we all know the reports of Fred Grubbs and other Cedar Fair Executives recently in the park. Do you think they were studying The Racer and formulating plans in front of guests during business hours? Come on now really?

So I’m a long time lurker pre Banshee and I’ve seen how these campaigns go. It makes no sense to me why they would throw in SOB hints if they didn’t have a plan to come back and redeem this coaster. This also lends to hints throughout KI with The flame having SOB wood and the barrel and pitchfork scene. Why would you remind customers of a failed coaster unless there were plans to make it right? It wouldn’t make sense as a business.

Additionally park attendance and season pass has been down this year according to the 2nd quarter financials and they are building a 2 billion dollar new entertainment complex in Columbus.

My guess is a ground up RMC. 2019 is likely out of the question. Tell me your thoughts. I sincerely hope they can redeem SOB as it seems like they have a great multi park storyline they are presenting to us!

Just made an account because I saw some of these teasers. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but “Outpost 5” and the bottom text of the second poster in this post about track 2 being permanently abandoned are references to Adventure Express’s original ride audio, back when the ‘Station Master’ would welcome explorers. It can be heard here https://www.kiextreme.com/kitunes.php