Jump to content
Oldiesmann

Outpost 5 symbols popping up...

Recommended Posts

Except that one on the barrel has been there for ages (at least 2014 when I started going to the park again), and the symbol has been in Mystic Timbers since it opened (elsewhere, in the pre-shed, and that box was added a little later last season)... 

Hardly "popping up".

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

From FYECoasters on Facebook...

For those wondering what Outpost 5 is, see here:

 

Yes that is from Us on Facebook, we have people saying that the ones from Beast have been there longer than this year but from what i can remember I have never seen that one on that barrel. Now we may be wrong about that one, BUT, the ones in Mystic's station were not there for Winterfest last year.

~Josh 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

Yes that is from Us on Facebook, we have people saying that the ones from Beast have been there longer than this year but from what i can remember I have never seen that one on that barrel. Now we may be wrong about that one, BUT, the ones in Mystic's station were not there for Winterfest last year.

I know the one at The Beast has been there since at least the beginning of last season when I started returning to the park.  The one at Mystic was for sure there at Winterfest, although I don't have proof. It may have even been there for Haunt or before.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, whengodsaysgo said:

I know the one at The Beast has been there since at least the beginning of last season when I started returning to the park.  The one at Mystic was for sure there at Winterfest, although I don't have proof. It may have even been there for Haunt or before.

Beast one maybe but i dont think Mystic was i have a photo of it from Winterfest ill check.. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Don and other higher ups reading this thread

giphy.gif

im laughing so loud in my office right now lololololol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fye Coasters said:

im laughing so loud in my office right now lololololol 

Is that because you know this viral campaign was Jon's idea, and we caught in so fast it will be seen as a failure, allowing you to further discredit him in the eyes of his superiors. While you slowly and methodically position yourself to take his place. Inexorably moving you forward into the position of CEO of Cedar Fair Inc. A position that once held will allow you to finally make real change to the park. Change that will all point to you and your overwhelming accomplishments that you can leverage as you make a career change into politics, becoming one of the most beloved President of all time (behind Lincoln or Washington). Then FINALLY revealing your true plan and becoming Emperor of Earth?!!?!?!??

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrels have been there for awhile with the SOB symbols, usually added during the Haunt season mind you. The Mystic Timbers SOB symbols have been added during the opening season and latter parts of the season. I believe that CF has gotten the output they wanted from the coaster community. To create buzz on RMCesque words and symbols is probably driving some enthusiasts to these parks and to spend more time within. Not to mention the fact that people are starting to catch on that SOB nods have been all over. (Not alot of people even spoke about the wood popping up at Banshee mind you.) After watching several people try to make The Beast station into the CW dive station, and now this, I believe that CF has created a proverbial gold mine in a shared universe for this year's teasers. Remember too that these teasers could also be for 2020, as I wouldn't be surprised if we get some teasers for the big years coming up (20, & 21 respectively). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stoan said:

Is that because you know this viral campaign was Jon's idea, and we caught in so fast it will be seen as a failure, allowing you to further discredit him in the eyes of his superiors. While you slowly and methodically position yourself to take his place. Inexorably moving you forward into the position of CEO of Cedar Fair Inc. A position that once held will allow you to finally make real change to the park. Change that will all point to you and your overwhelming accomplishments that you can leverage as you make a career change into politics, becoming one of the most beloved President of all time (behind Lincoln or Washington). Then FINALLY revealing your true plan and becoming Emperor of Earth?!!?!?!??

hmmmmm,..................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm telling you - the people who do the themeing love the throw backs as much as we do.  These are easter eggs, not teasers.  If they were intended to be teasers then they would be way, way more obvious.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I'm telling you - the people who do the themeing love the throw backs as much as we do.  These are easter eggs, not teasers.  If they were intended to be teasers then they would be way, way more obvious.

This, 100%.

The 2019 Carowinds teaser signs are on a construction wall in the middle of the park with clear activity going on behind.

The same can be said of the Diamondback, Banshee, and Timbers sites.

There's nothing about the symbols, posters, or signs people are discussing that scream "teaser". It's all just well-designed environmental signage.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when we were going to get a new coaster named Mustang.  

Ride, Sally, Ride!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oldschool75 said:

You guys are killing me. ROFL

Dialing 911 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That barrel in The Beast queue happens to be the same barrel that was in Phantom Theater if I recall correctly. I started seeing it a few years ago and noticed it was the same "Flash Powder" barrel from Phantom. Also they had Son of Beast ride parts in a casket a few haunts ago with the outpost 5 logo on it. I always like to look at the outpost 5 logo on The Son of Beast station while going up the Adventure Express lift hill as it's easy to see although harder now with Banshee then it was in 2013 when the land was empty. Here are pictures that I took of both a few years ago. MaestroJrIMG_0808.JPG IMG_0809.JPG

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to the SOB Logo and stuff popping up around there, in the Mystic Timbers station, if you look above the ride's exit there is a sign that says "Outpost 5" and another that says "Shipping and Receiving". So, uhh, Mystic Timbers is Outpost 5 now? It is a neat easter egg, which is pretty much all I can assume it is at this point, and it does pay homage to Son of Beast and Adventure Express. I like it.

Also, at the Son of Beast eternal flame near Banshee, I dunno if I just noticed this on my visit yesterday or if it is actually new, but there is some broken wood that looks like wood coaster supports with flowers placed at the base of the tombstone, like something people would put on their deceased families graves IRL.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, McSalsa said:

In addition to the SOB Logo and stuff popping up around there, in the Mystic Timbers station, if you look above the ride's exit there is a sign that says "Outpost 5" and another that says "Shipping and Receiving". So, uhh, Mystic Timbers is Outpost 5 now? It is a neat easter egg, which is pretty much all I can assume it is at this point, and it does pay homage to Son of Beast and Adventure Express. I like it.

Also, at the Son of Beast eternal flame near Banshee, I dunno if I just noticed this on my visit yesterday or if it is actually new, but there is some broken wood that looks like wood coaster supports with flowers placed at the base of the tombstone, like something people would put on their deceased families graves IRL.

The wood and flowers were from my friends, one works the ride and was out doing locks one day he found some old wood by SOB station, and put it there, and the flowers were from my friend. No teasers there, and yes the signs on Mystic is cool. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easter Eggs, teasers, foreshadowing, call it what you will, we've got a crackpot, er...a crack team at WCPO talking about it now. https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/kings-island-teases-new-coaster-may-be-coming

Also, just an observation from this past Tuesday, ride attendants, and I pluralize because more than one was heard saying it, personally, while they're giving their spiel as The Bat leaves the station, for you "to catch it while you can", and "catch it before its gone".  I know that these people are following the rumors/leads/misdirections like the rest of us and why would a ride attendant have any knowledge that the ride may be leaving, or maybe they're being fed a script at this point?  This all something to watch. Plus, it gives us something to talk about.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

noticed the outpost #5 symbol inside of Flight of Fear today 10-21-18 on the end of a blue plastic barrel. the line was intentionally routed to the far side of the ufo to make us walk past it.. couldnt get a photo my phone sucks in low light

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 5:07 PM, KI Master said:

There is a grave in the grave yard that said Prikett and had the outpost 5 symbol under it.

It says Prickett. He's a Rides Manager.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KI Master said:

Why is there a grave for him?

A lot of the current and maybe even past full timers at the park have their names on the gravestones that they put out during Haunt

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually wondering the same thing about Chef Major (as he has a gravestone at the park), but to my knowledge, he’s still there. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nicescoot said:

A lot of the current and maybe even past full timers at the park have their names on the gravestones that they put out during Haunt

@nicescoot is correct. The Outpost 5 symbol has been used for years as well. This is not something new that is hinting of a SOB coaster.

@MDMC01 Don has a grave too!

The biggest hint SOB will not be returning in any form stares right at you when you enter the Banshee Queue. You can't miss it. 

20181020_114417.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...