Outpost 5 symbols popping up...

Oldiesmann

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

@nicescoot is correct. The Outpost 5 symbol has been used for years as well. This is not something new that is hinting of a SOB coaster.

@MDMC01 Don has a grave too!

The biggest hint SOB will not be returning in any form stares right at you when you enter the Banshee Queue. You can't miss it. 

20181020_114417.jpg

Maybe they're going to take a page from the comic books. "Kill off" a major character, (Son of Beast) only to explain they were in a different dimension upon their return...

• Like 3

They could use the Outpost 5 concept for another ride, but Son of Beast is never coming back. I suppose they could do another Beast-themed coaster (Bride of Beast?), but the park just installed a new wooden rollercoaster last year. 

Revenge of The Beast or Beasts Revenge... I’ll bet we see it at some point.
  • Like 1

Wait a minute...

Son of Beast was built in 2000

Michael Schumacher won his third championship in 2000

Miichael Schumacher raced for Ferrari

Ferrari is based in Italy

Italy is south of Switzerland

Switzerland is home of Intamin

Intamin built Millennium Force

Millennium Force's records were beat by Steel Dragon 2000

Steel Dragon 2000 is located in Japan

Dragon Ball originated in Japan

Dragon Ball aired in the U.S. on Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network originally showed old Hannah Barbara cartoons

Between 1972 and 2005 Kings Island used Hannah Barbara characters

Outpost 5 was at Kings Island

Son of Beast revival confirmed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Wait a minute...

Son of Beast was built in 2000
Michael Schumacher won his third championship in 2000
Miichael Schumacher raced for Ferrari
Ferrari is based in Italy
Italy is south of Switzerland
Switzerland is home of Intamin
Intamin built Millennium Force
Millennium Force's records were beat by Steel Dragon 2000
Steel Dragon 2000 is located in Japan
Dragon Ball originated in Japan
Dragon Ball aired in the U.S. on Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network originally showed old Hannah Barbara cartoons
Between 1972 and 2005 Kings Island used Hannah Barbara characters
Outpost 5 was at Kings Island

Son of Beast revival confirmed.
I love this lol

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

@nicescoot is correct. The Outpost 5 symbol has been used for years as well. This is not something new that is hinting of a SOB coaster.

@MDMC01 Don has a grave too!

The biggest hint SOB will not be returning in any form stares right at you when you enter the Banshee Queue. You can't miss it. 

20181020_114417.jpg

The wood that is below the grave is new.

The Marketing an PR folks are paid well to cleverly drum up buzz on anything and everything.  And they do a darn good job.  How convinced were the local TV stations in the last few months that both Son of Beast was returning and Vortex was being torn down?  Only to be completely wrong, but still get even more buzz about the truths?  That takes talent.

However, I will say that in exchange for the terribly long hours and the stress of running a theme park, one of the greatest joys of having worked at a park (especially for someone who had the knowledge of the "next big project") is to mess with people and watch the reactions :-)  Remember the old Dippin Dots Guy theory?  He didn't know.  He probably didn't even think he knew.  He just liked screwing with people :-)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I don't know if this is real or not but I saw someone posted it to reddit. Thought I would check with the pros here and see what you guys thought. Looks like someone uploaded something and meant to make it private. Already saved it in case it gets deleted. Looks legit but I can't tell honestly.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AirtimeBanking said:

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I don't know if this is real or not but I saw someone posted it to reddit. Thought I would check with the pros here and see what you guys thought. Looks like someone uploaded something and meant to make it private. Already saved it in case it gets deleted. Looks legit but I can't tell honestly.

First off, welcome to KIC.

This is not real. It's a fan made coaster. 

If it was real, it would be on Kings Island's social media account. So always check their site, or their social media accounts, and/or this site.

10 minutes ago, JubJester said:

First off, welcome to KIC.

This is not real. It's a fan made coaster. 

If it was real, it would be on Kings Island's social media account. So always check their site, or their social media accounts, and/or this site.

I did check their accounts but my thought was that it doesn’t at all look like something they meant to release, so we wouldn’t see anything on their social media anyway. Like it was an unofficial animation that got leaked or something

I guess time will tell though

17 minutes ago, AirtimeBanking said:

I did check their accounts but my thought was that it doesn’t at all look like something they meant to release, so we wouldn’t see anything on their social media anyway. Like it was an unofficial animation that got leaked or something

I guess time will tell though

I highly doubt this is from the park themselves when this is 380 feet tall but has a 410 drop, and clearly doesn't go underground. A mistake the park wouldn't make. I also don't think they would make this detailed of a teaser this early.

23 minutes ago, JubJester said:

I highly doubt this is from the park themselves when this is 380 feet tall but has a 410 drop, and clearly doesn't go underground. A mistake the park wouldn't make. I also don't think they would make this detailed of a teaser this early.

Yeah I don’t know what the typical timeline for releases like this is.

regardless it could be a 410 drop with a 380 height. Terrible annotation I did from a screenshot on my phone shows where the footers likely intersect at the ground and the track seems to continue down for what could easily be another 30 feet, making it 410.

I know the area behind FoF slopes downward to the little Miami river, so this would probably be possible, and is definitely the flavor I’m hoping for if we are getting a B&M Giga. I like this concept way too much to not hope it’s real lol

676A9910-8C74-4D70-AC3C-065CBF5AE9FD.jpeg