Are Canes Considered Loose Articles?

Handbellguy

Hello Everyone!  It's time for me to make my annual trip to the park.  And as what (sadly) seems to be the case, I've contacted the park via telephone and managed to stump the representative.  I wanted to know if I would be allowed onto rides (such as Mystic Timbers) where they state no loose articles are permitted on the platform.  It would seem logical that they would be permitted, but with Cedar Fair's recent crackdown on such items I wanted to make sure.  She referred me to their website (which I had checked); their accessibility guide (which I read); and then told me to check with the offices here when I arrive.  <sigh>  The reason I called was as to not get disappointed once I get there.

So, I turn to you and ask does anyone have any experience with this this year?  In years past it hasn't been an issue, but I do know policies change.  (And yes, I do know that you folks are NOT Kings Island representatives and are NOT the official word, BUT, you all have been there many more times than I and can offer practical advice.)  As an aside, you might remember me from last year asking about strobe lights and ride cameras, and your advice was very welcomed.  (Especially to the person who warned me about walking near the strobes on the Great Pumpkin Coaster.  Holy cow! Those were bright.)

Anyways, thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Your cane will be fine. Once you get to the top of the platform to ride, simply pass it on to one of the ride operators and they will store it for you. Since the cane won't fit into a locker, and you need it for support, to walk, etc you are allowed to keep it with you. Enjoy your time at the park and your ride on Mystic!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Just a follow up to say all went well on our trip yesterday.  The crew at Mystic Timbers couldn't have been more helpful.  Actually, everyone at the park was just wonderful.  The cane was truly a non-issue.   While the "big rides" are past me, I still ride more than just the train and the carousel.  (As a matter of fact, got to ride Mystic twice. What a ride!) 

• Like 4

On 8/10/2018 at 8:52 AM, Handbellguy said:

Just a follow up to say all went well on our trip yesterday.  The crew at Mystic Timbers couldn't have been more helpful.  Actually, everyone at the park was just wonderful.  The cane was truly a non-issue.   While the "big rides" are past me, I still ride more than just the train and the carousel.  (As a matter of fact, got to ride Mystic twice. What a ride!) 

So glad to hear you had a great time and had no issues!

• Like 1