Sign in to follow this  
SonofBaconator

Get Rid of One Coaster-Cedar Point Edition

Get rid of a coaster  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*Just to be clear I love all of CP's coasters, but I'd like to see other people's perspectives and true views.*

If one coaster had to bite the dust, which one would it be? This can be based on capacity, placement, or personal preference. I included all coasters on this thread to reduce bias. Please be mature and respect each other's opinions. This is meant to be a survey and a friendly discussion.

I went with Rougarou as well. It's a good ride, but I personally don't find anything special about it. I rode it as both Mantis and Rougarou. The inclined loop is unique (for a floorless) as well as its cool placement over water, but after the ride I always thought it was nothing more than "okay" or maybe even "boring."

Am I really that spoiled by the likes of Vortex, Viper, and Tennessee Tornado? :lol: I have always found Rougarou to be rather tame compared to the snappiness that Arrow loopers have.

I voted for Cedar Creek Mine Ride just because of the potential land use and just being an "okay" mine ride. 

Rougarou was going to be my second choice for the reasons that @VortexBFForever and @Oldiesmann mentioned. The headbanging is worse than that of some arrow loopers I've riden. Maybe vest restraints would have been a better choice to experiment with at the time. The restraints seen on Banshee, GateKeeper, and Valravn have spoiled me rotten. 

I completely understand about Rougarou but am not as down on it as others.  Sticking your head forward works for my kids and pressing my head back works for me.  Just seems replacing a section or two of reprofiled track would fix the majority of the problem and make it a pretty decent ride.   CP needs people eaters, especially on days like today where reports are that all lots are full and the line to get in this morning backed up to McDonalds.  

Although several come to mind like CCMR, WT and Corkscrew.  It really depends on what if anything would replace it.  CCMR if they could get something with a lower height requirement for families.  Just doesn’t seem to serve any purpose with 48” height requirement.  Same could be said for Wilderness Express.  

Ryan calls Corkscrew “demeaning” but is nice to look at and also has a small footprint. 

WT is useless with its overly restrictive size requirements but takes up no space and does check off the 200’ box.  

In the end I come down on Corkscrew becuase it is just a bad ride. 

I personally think Corkscrew is fun, especially in the back. I LOVE riding Corkscrew in the back!

And I don't even need to mention its neat location! Not many looping coasters corkscrew right over the midway. :)

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with the Rougarou comments. There is two sections I sometimes get headbanging on, and I can easily prevent it from happening with simple "tatics".

It's a tough decision but I say Wicked Twister.

I say Valravn.  The dive coaster concept just doesn't do anything for me.  If I want decent free fall, I'll go for a tower.  There are also better looping and floorless coasters out there. 

This was hard, because even my least favorite Cedar Point coasters have historical merit (Corkscrew and Magnum come to mind...). In the end, I chose Raptor. I don't ever remember having a super awesome ride on it (my first ever ride was not enjoyable, and this year's ride was meh). Also, it's super loud and disturbs its neighbors Blue Streak and Valravn. However, even though I'm not the biggest fan, I think it would ultimetly stay as it's pretty iconic to Cedar Point (but on the other hand, it does take up a ton of land...).

And watch what you say about Valravn, Wicked Twister and Rougarou. :P Valravn has personality, WT is so cool and so much fun (imo) and I originally hated Rougarou when I first rode it, but my July trip changed my mind. He may be not be for everyone, but I love Rougarou's aggressiveness, even if it results in a little head-banging!

If I'm being honest, whenever I've gone to the park this summer I've always actively avoided two rides- Raptor and Rougarou.

Whenever I would ride them in the past I would get a major headache and I'm only 21. I'm not saying the rides aren't fun but they're definitely an acquired taste for me.

I don't know if it's just because they're older B&M's or if it's just the over-the-shoulder restraints but I'd rather wait in line for Valravn and GateKeeper instead.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:01 PM, VortexBFForever said:

I personally think Corkscrew is fun, especially in the back. I LOVE riding Corkscrew in the back!

And I don't even need to mention its neat location! Not many looping coasters corkscrew right over the midway. :)

You just like it because it's an Arrow. :P

7 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Double Post- its also RUMORED by some enthusiasts that Wicked Twister MIGHT be removed in the coming seasons to make room for expansion. 

Expanding the depth of the beach by 50’ there would a major improvement.  

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

You just like it because it's an Arrow. :P

She must have super powers.  We should pitch her to Marvel and Netflix for a series.

14 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Double Post- its also RUMORED by some enthusiasts that Wicked Twister MIGHT be removed in the coming seasons to make room for expansion. 

Noooooo! Not Wicked Twister!!! :( I really hope that doesn't happen (or if it does, they keep they name and theme and transfer it down south to KI)!

Well, at least we will forever be able to listen to this song on Youtube:

-MDMC01, a fan on Intamin Impulse Coasters!