Vortex

Vortex_fan

Considering they did put work into the ride during the 2017 Off season, they replaced quite a few of the footings and also got a brand new air compressor for it, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PKIVortex said:

Considering they did put work into the ride during the 2017 Off season, they replaced quite a few of the footings and also got a brand new air compressor for it, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

CP did refurbish Witches Wheel’s cars last year.   So there is always hope.  :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Probably not a troll. Just lurkers tired of seeing the only updates being ridiculous hand drawn layouts for supposed giga coasters with no evidence or teasers.

If that's the case, they're getting upset over something completely not worth getting worked up about.

Theres nothing wrong with people making concepts that may be over the top. I'm sure the people making it know that too, and are fully are that there's no evidence. It's all for fun. Relax.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRickster said:

This post really doesn't sound like they are claiming some crazy rumors... so it doesn't really need sources. Sounds like it's from a 13 year old who just loves The Vortex. *shrug*

Making the statement "I know for a fact " without sourcing where they got their facts is against the TOS.  @Vortex_fan please state your source of your claim or this thread will be closed.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Vortex_fan said:

I know for a fact Vortex is not leaving us for a few more years Comment below if you agree!

Facts are facts.  There is nothing to agree or disagree about.  

Try rewording your post to something like: “I speculate Vortex is not leaving us for a few more years. Comment below if you agree or disagree!”   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

The work you are describing is all decided at the park level, it is paid for by the parks budgets.  The problem is that ride removal, replacement, new attractions etc, are decided by corporate and paid for by corporate.  Individual parks can make requests on what they want but typically the park does not know until the decision has already been made and a demolition crew needs to be hired.

While not a Cedar Fair park I always love the example of Transformers at Universal Orlando.  The park gave the building to Creative to use as a Haunt for HHN.  One morning the construction crew for the haunt is working and a demolition crew to tear down the building shows up.  In the end Creative removed their stuff and the demolition started.  While nothing quite that bad is going to happen at Kings Island, the idea that maintenance somehow shows the ride will not be removed anytime soon is wrong.

If we were discussing a smaller park like Kentucky Kingdom or Holiday World, I would agree with you.  But any park with a corporate parent company has issues with one side not knowing what the other is working on.