Banshee ridership

HandsUp

I'm not at the park terribly often, but whenever I am Banshee tends to be a walk on. I know it has a massive capacity, but I wonder if it is hitting the marks ridership wise. While not incredibly rough, I cannot ride it consecutive times even though I absolutely love it. The last thing I want is for KI to get dinged for an aversion to thrill rides and not be awarded new ones. Do any insiders know if ridership has been where it 'should' be?

If they are filling the train every dispatch, it is getting the same amount of riders every hour. Regardless if the line is station wait or has a 2 hr queue. 

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the focus for people has been on MT, so it is getting the "new" ride line.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Its one of the best run rides in the park.  The lines move fast because of the way they operate it.   They aren't waiting for people to cross the train and drop off items on the other side.  All coasters should be operated like this, with no carry-ons (and reasonable all-day locker prices).

• Like 3

On 8/7/2018 at 1:02 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

If they are filling the train every dispatch, it is getting the same amount of riders every hour. Regardless if the line is station wait or has a 2 hr queue. 

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the focus for people has been on MT, so it is getting the "new" ride line.

Not true at all.  They don't dispatch a consistent amount of trains in an hour.

There is a reason they call it theoretical hourly capacity.  It all depends how many times they have to upbar certain rows for riders with unusual body positions that can`t get the belt to buckle, loading people through the accesibility entrance, etc. all play factors in not hitting the marks.  

5 hours ago, teenageninja said:

Not true at all.  They don't dispatch a consistent amount of trains in an hour.

I was not saying they are dispatching exactly lets say 50 trains per hour every hour all day long. The point was if they can fill trains each dispatch and get their average hourly capacity all day long the numbers for ridership is not going to be different if it is a station wait or the queue house is full. It can only pump out so many riders per hours regardless. I hope that makes sense. 

• Like 1

I have never had to wait more than 30 minutes for Banshee, and only once have I seen more than 5 queues open for it. I was there on Saturday last week as well, and the line was spilling out the queue because no queues had been opened yet. We were quoted an hour wait time, but it was maybe 20-30 minutes. On a side note, Mystic, Diamondback, and Vortex are all rides that I have never had to wait more than 45 minutes for, even on extremely crowded days. All four of the rides seem to have quick dispatch times along with getting people loaded and unloaded extremely quick.