2019 Season Passes

WindingSon

For reference, here's the post  from CW via Twitter with their 2019 benefits. I would expect increased benefits for new passholders at Kings Island as well, considering that KI was singled out in Cedar Fair's second quarter earnings report for having a decrease in pass sales coming off last year's record season.

We'll find out tomorrow when passes go on sale.

DkmMQVxW4AEe_O1.jpg

(Source: https://twitter.com/WonderlandNews/status/1029508218505121794)

Its not just Canada`s Wonderland.  Apparently California`s Great America is doing the same for 2019 pass holders (they get unlimited visits the rest of the 2018 season.  Also, California`s Great America is getting the Pre-K pass. 

I would look for similar things to happen at KI.  I never quite figured out why they didn`t let pass holders who purchased the next season pass in the fall in an unlimited times the rest of the remaining season.  Lets them get in the door and potentially spend more money.  This is the way it was done pre-Cedar Fair purchase.  And since the attendance has been down at Cedar Fair, this seems like a perfect time to institute this policy.  (Yes, they may loose some additional admissions revenue in doing this).  Also, look for the Cedar Fair parks to start announcing their 2019 capital ride additions, in order to drive season pass sales.  For example, Canada`s Wonderland is set to announce their new ride early tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

But what kind of benefit is "get the rest of 2018 free" when the summer season is just about over--and the season pass does not include Halloween Haunt?  I guess you could say it is fine, but I would feel gipped if I had to give up Friday and Saturday nights.  I guess I am just more used the way KI does things.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

But what kind of benefit is "get the rest of 2018 free" when the summer season is just about over--and the season pass does not include Halloween Haunt?  I guess you could say it is fine, but I would feel gipped if I had to give up Friday and Saturday nights.  I guess I am just more used the way KI does things.

Oh great catch...I am sure many will miss that and complain when they cannot get in after Labor Day...  As BoddaH would say, they really need to be more transparent on these promotions and not hidden in fine print.  Here is the screenshot of the deal...is there an asterisk or fine print on this page indicating it really isn't all of 2018 free...

Wonderland pass sale.jpg

Just as a reminder, you ALWAYS got the remainder of the current season with the purchase of the next year’s pass under Paramount. I’m going to guess that Disco is right about this one for KI, but if it happens no one’s mind should be blown.

The REAL question is whether they will continue to do that moving forward. It’s easy to add a benefit, it’s very difficult to take it away.

46 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Oh great catch...I am sure many will miss that and complain when they cannot get in after Labor Day...  As BoddaH would say, they really need to be more transparent on these promotions and not hidden in fine print.  Here is the screenshot of the deal...is there an asterisk or fine print on this page indicating it really isn't all of 2018 free...

Wonderland pass sale.jpg

They can still get in after labour day... Just not for Haunt...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Honorarius said:

No, it'll still be good during the day on the 29th and during the day in October...

Oh good catch...I forgot they have it as two separate events...

Regardless, they will get people based on the Flash sale pop-up seeing get in unlimited during 2018 and will assume it is Haunt as well and will find out (maybe) as they try to enter Haunt...

Even people with a 2018 have to pay for Haunt. Haunt at Wonderland is a separate event.

Oh good catch...I forgot they have it as two separate events...
Regardless, they will get people based on the Flash sale pop-up seeing get in unlimited during 2018 and will assume it is Haunt as well and will find out (maybe) as they try to enter Haunt...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, malem said:

Unlimited 2018 visits at Kings Island: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/tickets-passes/season-passes

2019 add-ons (drinks, dining, FunPix, Fast Lane Plus) are only valid in 2019.

And they are allowing new 2019 passholders to purchase 2018 add-ons as well...

2019 FunPix is valid for 2018 as well...or for the same price you can purchase the add on for just 2018 visits LOL...

Screenshot_2018-08-16-02-10-38.png

Screenshot_2018-08-16-02-27-00.png

Both Cedar Point and Kings Island renewing passholders receive one free bring a friend ticket, to be used between now and October 28th.

This too is something that Paramount used to do.  When you renewed in the fall they would give you like two bring a friend free tickets, to be used any day during the fall.  

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Only good at front gate and Soak City too. A good deal, but doesn’t do much for the loose article issues.

Now if that $100 worked for an all day roaming locker like CP has for $10 it could go a long way to solving loose article issues.  

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

$100 to keep my $1100 cell phone from being stolen not to mention my wifes phone.  Not really a bad investment at all.

Under what circumstances is your phone at risk of being stolen at KI?  

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Only good at front gate and Soak City too. A good deal, but doesn’t do much for the loose article issues.

With the lockers only being available for the season long pass at front gates of park and Soak City, what happens when you arrive later in the day and all the lockers are utilized?  If enough of the "limited quantity" is sold and daily use, I could see days where all the lockers at these locations are utilized...where is the fine print subject to availability, etc...:P  I already see the line at guest services for people complaining they can't use their locker pass...

10 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Now if that $100 worked for an all day roaming locker like CP has for $10 it could go a long way to solving loose article issues.  

Under what circumstances is your phone at risk of being stolen at KI?  

If they left it in a bin that could be a risk. I’m always kind of paranoid about that too. The only ride that I don’t pocket my phone on is Invertigo though.