2019 Season Passes

WindingSon

In an interesting development, KI is having a "Flash Sale" in honor of Roller Coaster Day/Weekend.  Renewals get a free FL+ tix plus the above noted perks; however, the catch is that the Fl+ is not valid on any Saturday or on 9/2 (Day before Labor Day).  I've never seen the amount of discounting I've seen this year.  I never thought the MT buzz would die down so fast.  People were expecting a bigger coaster maybe, so today's announcement may placate them.

6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

In an interesting development, KI is having a "Flash Sale" in honor of Roller Coaster Day/Weekend.  Renewals get a free FL+ tix plus the above noted perks; however, the catch is that the Fl+ is not valid on any Saturday or on 9/2 (Day before Labor Day).  I've never seen the amount of discounting I've seen this year.  I never thought the MT buzz would die down so fast.  People were expecting a bigger coaster maybe, so today's announcement may placate them.

They have offered this for renewals for the last several years...and not part of a Flash Sale...Now new purchases is something new...

13 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

They have offered this for renewals for the last several years...and not part of a Flash Sale...Now new purchases is something new...

Everyone, buy 2019 Season Passes now, get exactly the same deal we've offered for at least the last 3 years.

This type of “gold pass sale” is nothing new as many years ago also used to give the remainder of the year free with purchase of a new pass.  Definitely an attempt to boost KI lagging season pass sales.  The trick will be in 2019 to keep those season pass holders in their 2020 renewals.   If auto-renewal is chosen when purchasing the 2019 season pass with this “special sale”, read the fine print carefully (locked into 12 payments which will impact your credit history if you don’t pay or your credit card becomes no longer valid in those 12 months).  My guess is that CP is hoping people won’t realize they selected auto-renewal and will automatically by default be locked into a 2020 season pass as well.

Quick question.  We are currently GP holders and are upgrading to PP for 2019.  I know that we will technically be new passholders.  Here is my question:

Can we use the free Fast Lane Plus at any Cedar Fair Park since we are purchasing Platinum Passes?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

If they left it in a bin that could be a risk. I’m always kind of paranoid about that too. The only ride that I don’t pocket my phone on is Invertigo though.

Yeah, I don’t do that.  Ever.   Gallon freezer ziplocks for water rides and zipper pockets.  $2 for a locker at SV.  

@chad_1138 No, the FL is only valid at the park you purchase the pass through.   Want it at CP?  Buy through their portal.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Yeah, I don’t do that.  Ever.   Gallon freezer ziplocks for water rides and zipper pockets.  $2 for a locker at SV.  

@chad_1138 No, the FL is only valid at the park you purchase the pass through.   Want it at CP?  Buy through their portal.  

Thanks.  I just got off the phone with KI.  That was actually what they suggested.  I think that will be the plan then.

16 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Quick question.  We are currently GP holders and are upgrading to PP for 2019.  I know that we will technically be new passholders.  Here is my question:

Can we use the free Fast Lane Plus at any Cedar Fair Park since we are purchasing Platinum Passes?  Thanks!

The free Fast Lane Plus is for the park you are purchasing the passes from.  

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I know it. This is why my wife and I typically get a pass every other year. They never give that great of perks for renewals. A Fast Lane and bring a friend free ticket? How about if you renew you get free Fun Pix pass for the next season or something?

We did happen take this season off and are very happy that they decided to give the rest of 2018 with the purchase of a 2019 pass, so we're in for next year. 

• Like 2

^ @malem or @IndyGuy4KI might have some experience in that department with their dealings with KD and KBF this year. 

EDIT: If I were you, I'd play it safe and renew and upgrade at the park you got the Gold Passes from.  I hear some CF parks can have discrepancies when switching unless you're moving to one of those parks or something which they'd be more thorough under those circumstances rather than someone renewing at a different park on a whim.  Just my 2 cents.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^ @malem or @IndyGuy4KI might have some experience in that department with their dealings with KD and KBF this year. 

EDIT: If I were you, I'd play it safe and renew and upgrade at the park you got the Gold Passes from.  I hear some CF parks can have discrepancies when switching unless you're moving to one of those parks or something which they'd be more thorough under those circumstances rather than someone renewing at a different park on a whim.  Just my 2 cents.  

Yeah, after doing a bit of thinking, i think we will just stick with KI for getting the Platinum Passes and do CP next year.

I don’t think it really matters anymore regarding the actual pass.  I have switched back and forth between CP and KI in buying passes and even one year had one of ours different from the others.  Last year my wife’s was through CP and due to a bone spur was not able to go to any parks at all.  We were able to roll that pass over for this year for a $50 charge at KI.  Have also lost a pass and had no problem getting it replaced at the other park.  (Didn’t even charge us the $15 “nominal” fee)

• Like 1

Had Gold Passes for ‘14, ‘15, and ‘16. Skipped ‘17 and ‘18. The “rest of 2018” promotion just got me to get a new pass. Platinum + Dining + Drinks. Platinum since I plan on going to many CF parks next year.

The free FLP specifically says that “passholder must be present” to use. So I don’t think you can give it to a friend that easily.

• Like 1

I already have a platinum pass for 2018, but the rest of my family has gold. We just renewed the entire family as platinum for 2019. My wife and I are to CP in a few week, does anyone know if she will be able to use her now platinum 2019 pass to get in, or will we need to purchase daily tickets for her?

1 hour ago, Rifleman said:

I already have a platinum pass for 2018, but the rest of my family has gold. We just renewed the entire family as platinum for 2019. My wife and I are to CP in a few week, does anyone know if she will be able to use her now platinum 2019 pass to get in, or will we need to purchase daily tickets for her?

That is not totally clear to me.   Given it is a Platinum Pass I would certainly hope it includes platinum benefits for the rest of the season, but the Platinum and Gold verbiage below is the same for both.   Call the park and verify or better yet use the web form to contact so you have a name and written verification with the response.  

16 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

All right, I’m probably beating a dead horse but I’ve read some conflicting info. To be clear, if I buy a gold pass for 2019 this weekend, I can visit the park for the rest of 2018 (including Haunt and Winterfest)? 

From the Accesso purchase page:

New Passholders All Season Passholders use your Pass for unlimited FREE admission and parking to Kings Island during the 2018 public operating season! Valid for Fall and WinterFest.

Edit: Also some interesting verbiage from the Access page for new Passholders. 

Enjoy exclusive perks, discounts, and more with your 2019 Season Pass. Photo ID card can be processed at any Cedar Fair park

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Is there any reason why the WOF meal plan is $28 more than the same offering at KI/CP?

No idea, although the food portions at WOF are huge. I could not eat even half of the serving of BBQ nachos I had there. Maybe the larger portions and thus food cost results in a higher meal plan price.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Now if that $100 worked for an all day roaming locker like CP has for $10 it could go a long way to solving loose article issues.  

Under what circumstances is your phone at risk of being stolen at KI?  

At the water park.  Yeah, I could leave it in the car but do to the nature of my job I am tied to a phone 24/7.

@Rifleman  it’s starting to look like the 2019 platinum benefits do not extend to other parks until the 2019 season.   Notice if you buy a new platinum through CP you only get one free visit in 2018. 

Also note their payment plan is only 8 months instead if 12 at KI.  

9C992F54-A9DF-4264-9863-6DE46D421358.png

24 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

At the water park.  Yeah, I could leave it in the car but do to the nature of my job I am tied to a phone 24/7.

Not really otherwise you would get one of the Segway dry bags and carry the thing around with you 100% of the time and stuff it in your pocket on slides.   :P

33 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

@Rifleman  it’s starting to look like the 2019 platinum benefits do not extend to other parks until the 2019 season.   Notice if you buy a new platinum through CP you only get one free visit in 2018. 

Also note their payment plan is only 8 months instead if 12 at KI.  

9C992F54-A9DF-4264-9863-6DE46D421358.png

Not really otherwise you would get one of the Segway dry bags and carry the thing around with you 100% of the time and stuff it in your pocket on slides.   :P

I gave CP a call, and they confirmed that we will be able to get one day free with my wife's pass, and could use the bring a friend perk on my pass for a discount on the second day. Thanks!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Yeah, after doing a bit of thinking, i think we will just stick with KI for getting the Platinum Passes and do CP next year.

There's absolutely no difference in what park you get platinum at except if it's new you have to go to that park to process and any perks would have to be used at said park. My first year we had platinum at CP and next year we went w KI instead as it's closer.

19 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

My wife and I renewing our gold passes and the fact we already have season FL I wonder if we could give the FL that comes with renewing to a friend?

Every time I went to get my FL for my renewal, they just hand me the bracelet and send me on my way. Just put it on someone else's wrist.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbo t said:

ok so I just renewed my gold season pass .my question is how do I get my free bring a friend ticket and fl ticket

Assuming it works the same as the last several years (which seems like it should be a safe assumption), those should be already loaded onto your pass. For the bring-a-friend ticket, go to the ticket windows at the park, give them your pass, and tell them you want your free bring-a-friend ticket. They will scan your pass, verify the ticket hasn't been used, and print out the ticket and hand it to you. The FL+ pass is the same way, except you would go to the Fast Lane booth inside the front gate (to the left as you walk in).

38 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

Assuming it works the same as the last several years (which seems like it should be a safe assumption), those should be already loaded onto your pass. For the bring-a-friend ticket, go to the ticket windows at the park, give them your pass, and tell them you want your free bring-a-friend ticket. They will scan your pass, verify the ticket hasn't been used, and print out the ticket and hand it to you. The FL+ pass is the same way, except you would go to the Fast Lane booth inside the front gate (to the left as you walk in).

awesome thanks.

• Like 1