2019 Season Passes

WindingSon

Quick question here: I know that the FLP perk is exclusive to the park where you purchase a new PP but are the free visits for the rest of the year exclusively at that park or can you use them at any of the parks that were offering free 2018 visits with new PP purchase?

40 minutes ago, BloodBlade21 said:

Quick question here: I know that the FLP perk is exclusive to the park where you purchase a new PP but are the free visits for the rest of the year exclusively at that park or can you use them at any of the parks that were offering free 2018 visits with new PP purchase?

Did you see my post or read the thread?   It certainly looks like the rest of 2018 benefits only apply to the park you purchase the PP through. 

These flash sale benefits seem to end tomorrow just for NEW passholders correct? I always renew labor day weekend when I go so I can avoid the online fees. I should still be able to get my free bring and friend ticket and Fast Lane plus after tomorrow when I renew? (I know I can't use it labor day Sunday again this year again unfortunately ugh!) Just wanna make sure I can still get the benefits later

So I was in guest services today to give a shout out to everyone for the Gravity tour and I heard an interesting fact. Allegedly if you purchase a new Platinum Pass during the Roller Coaster Weekend sale thing it ONLY works at your home park until 2019. I know this won’t affect most on this forum but it’s still a little weird in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So I was in guest services today to give a shout out to everyone for the Gravity tour and I heard an interesting fact. Allegedly if you purchase a new Platinum Pass during the Roller Coaster Weekend sale thing it ONLY works at your home park until 2019. I know this won’t affect most on this forum but it’s still a little weird in my opinion.

It is mainly because the rollout of that promotion is different at each CF park - at Cedar Point new passes are only good for one visit, Wonderland isn't good for Haunt, etc...if it were consistent amongst the chain...

40 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

30 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

It is mainly because the rollout of that promotion is different at each CF park - at Cedar Point new passes are only good for one visit, Wonderland isn't good for Haunt, etc...if it were consistent amongst the chain...

Not only is it a bit weird it is really going to confuse many in the GP.  Goes back to what Ryan was talking about earlier in CF not being very upfront and clear in their promotions and advertising.  You know there will be many that don’t read forums like this and will buy the PP then show up this fall at another park and find out they have to buy a gate ticket.  Que Clark punching the moose.  

• Like 2

Just now, King Ding Dong said:

Not only is it a bit weird it is really going to confuse many in the GP.  Goes back to what Ryan was talking about earlier in CF not being very upfront and clear in their promotions.  You know there will be many that don’t read forums like this and will buy the PP then show up this fall at another park and find out they have to buy a gate ticket.  Que Clark punching the moose.  

The person who was there asked to talk to a supervisor. Not because they were mad, but to confirm with someone else that this was true. They found it a little hard to believe.

• Like 1

We are headed to Cedar Point right now.

I was browsing through the website and noticed that they have pre-K passes.  Does KI currently have one as well?  

Mini-zombie is 2 1/2 now and just hit 36"+ from a recent and massive growth spurt.  At what age/height are passes required?

Ok maybe I am just too tired. If you buy the pass, it’s good the remainder of this season and all of 2019. If you buy the add ons, they are not good until 2019? Also, I read it’s good for fall, but didn’t specify Haunt. Is it good on all public days they are open? My monster in love is giving me a headache with her questions. 

1 hour ago, zombiejane said:

We are headed to Cedar Point right now.

I was browsing through the website and noticed that they have pre-K passes.  Does KI currently have one as well?  

Mini-zombie is 2 1/2 now and just hit 36"+ from a recent and massive growth spurt.  At what age/height are passes required?

The pre-k Pass is only for 3-5 year olds so are SOL on that one.  Good news is  2 year olds are free anyway.  :D

No KI does not have a pre-k Pass.  You will need to pay admission next year at KI for your 3 year old.  

@Ellie I believe the only add on that is good for remainder of 2018 is FunPix.  Could be wrong about that so best to look at the details on the website or write/call the park.  

• Like 1

The pre-k Pass is only for 3-5 year olds so are SOL on that one.  Good news is  2 year olds are free anyway.  
No KI does not have a pre-k Pass.  You will need to pay admission next year at KI for your 3 year old.  
[mention=11139]Ellie[/mention] I believe the only add on that is good for remainder of 2018 is FunPix.  Could be wrong about that so best to look at the details on the website or write/call the park.  

The “rest of 2018” pass as has been communicated to me is the same as a regular season pass with free parking. No other gold or platinum perks are provided. Funpix purchased for your 2019 pass may be used for the remainder of the 2018 season.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WindingSon said:

The “rest of 2018” pass as has been communicated to me is the same as a regular season pass with free parking. No other gold or platinum perks are provided. Funpix purchased for your 2019 pass may be used for the remainder of the 2018 season.

I believe it has been communicated to you wrong -  the regular season pass isn't valid after labor day...and this promotion says good for 2018 Haunt and Winterfest, so what gold or platinum perks are not provided?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

So, what happens if you have a child over three but they look 2? I guess my real question is, how would they verify age, or is it based on "looks"?

Maybe they ask the child how “many” they are?  Lol.

Regarding the pre-k pass at CP a copy of birth certificate is required.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Maybe they ask the child how “many” they are?  Lol.

Regarding the pre-k pass at CP a copy of birth certificate is required.  

Mine is non-verbal right now, you'd have an easier time asking a brick wall. Lol

He'll be 3 in December.  I just wasnt sure at what height they start requiring passes.  There is an 8 year gap between the kids and I dont remember how things worked with the older little zombie.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, zombiejane said:

Mine is non-verbal right now, you'd have an easier time asking a brick wall. Lol

He'll be 3 in December.  I just wasnt sure at what height they start requiring passes.  There is an 8 year gap between the kids and I dont remember how things worked with the older little zombie.

CF goes by age and not height in regards to admissions.  That said, I would always be prepared with documentation if I had an very tall or short zombie.  

I believe it has been communicated to you wrong -  the regular season pass isn't valid after labor day...and this promotion says good for 2018 Haunt and Winterfest, so what gold or platinum perks are not provided?
I wonder, does a new 2019 pass give food and merch discounts for 2018?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 8/20/2018 at 5:53 AM, sixohdieselrage said:

So, what happens if you have a child over three but they look 2? I guess my real question is, how would they verify age, or is it based on "looks"?

They will ask you, as long is it isn't super obvious that they are over 3 they don't tend to question it. Though I had one 16 year old ask me about my 1-1/2 year old once. Teens are funny, they either just accept they generally have no idea what a toddler looks like and never question, or ask all the dang time. Some of the older people at the gate will ask more. So if you want to game the system, plan accordingly. One kid's birthday is in the last half of the year, I'm not going to get her a season pass for Halloween Haunt alone. My second is in the first half of the year, she gets a season pass 'early'.

My buddy is 6'5", his wife is 6'1". Their 2 year old is taller than my 4 year old. They have fun times at the gate. Their 5 year old is nearly 5 feet tall already.

Side note. I think this will be the last year I do the meal plan, at least two meal plans. Unless the food game steps it up in 2019 I can just wait for Taco Bell. My kid's patience is about that of a fly so I'll get one for them to eat in the park, but it just isn't worth paying for two meals.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

CF goes by age and not height in regards to admissions.  That said, I would always be prepared with documentation if I had an very tall or short zombie.  

Still waiting for them to do the Pre-K pass at KI.  My grandson just turned 4 and I'm taking him to CP in 3 weeks.  He'll be able to get a Pre-K pass for free for the rest of this year and next.

The Pre-K pass is a win-win.  It encourages adults not to sneak a kid in (or pay for a pass 3/4 of the way through a season) and in addition the park KNOWS when your child turns 5 and can give you 'incentives' for a first-time gold pass purchase.  

• Like 1

Has anybody had issues with the auto renew site only bringing up one of my passes? I'm missing my wife's pass. When I called KI they were just as confused, and my wife's pass now has my name on it. Long story short they said I would have to come into the park to fix it. No big deal, but isn't the reason for the auto renew is to skip this step in processing? We did not have a problem renewing for the 2018 season. 

21 hours ago, That_B&M_Roar said:

Has anybody had issues with the auto renew site only bringing up one of my passes? I'm missing my wife's pass. When I called KI they were just as confused, and my wife's pass now has my name on it. Long story short they said I would have to come into the park to fix it. No big deal, but isn't the reason for the auto renew is to skip this step in processing? We did not have a problem renewing for the 2018 season. 

I had the same issue. I signed up for the auto-renewal, went through the entire process thinking "maybe the next one will come up after this one", nope. I didn't even get a confirmation about the purchase after that, I ended up just going a manual renewal on all my passes, so let's see if I accidentally bought myself two gold passes, with two meal plans, and two drinks. 5-6 days later I still have no confirmation on the auto-renewal, but I did get confirmation of the manual renewals and my entry into the auto-renewal program for those passes.

19 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Too many passes, too many rules, too many quirks with the system.  Can we just go back to one pass chain wide and charge $150.00.  

Platinum Plus, extra 10 bucks everything works everywhere. Period.

I'm having an issue with the website not letting me buy bring a friend day tickets. I called the park and customer service confirmed my account is in good standing, but they couldn't get my gold pass number to work either to allow purchase. They gave me a number to call tech support... Who was worthless and said they could only help me if I had an order number... Either from my current order, which I can't get far enough to get an order number, or from when I bought my season pass last October... For which no order number exists because I renewed in person. They told me to call the park guest services...
Guest services has no way to override the system or provide me a temporary number....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the cutoff for getting the rest of 2018 with a '19 pass is through Oct 28th now.  Was this always the case?  I seem to recall that the promotion was only through National Roller Coaster Day Weekend, but that may have been only for the free FL+.  Was it extended?