Kings Island 2019 Announcement on National Roller Coaster Day 8/16/18

Codyfryguy

From the Kings Island Facebook Page:

Something old will be new again. Find out what’s returning to Kings Island in 2019 tomorrow, Thursday, August 16. The announcement will be made at 2 p.m. in the Festhaus. All park guests are invited to attend.

• Like 3

Loop The Racer, retrack and add in a transition element so that the 2nd half of the ride is ridden backwards all while enhancing the timing aspect to ensure that a true "racing" element is brought back.

Possibilities are great, "tiques, enterprise, ice show to the feshaus, SOB re-do, etc....  Of course of all those ideas, mine is the best (unless KI has something better they reveal tomorrow) :)

• Like 2

They would not be making the announcement on National Roller Coaster Day if it was the return of the cars, skyride, or any other non roller coaster attraction.

My guess is an announcement of a refurbishment of The Racer, and a return of the backwards facing cars on the blue track.

• Like 6

I have heard rumors of a lighting package on the Racer and a flat ride.

I could see more work being done on The Racer then just lighting but have not heard anything.

Lots of options for a flat ride, one of the flats purchased in Europe was announced for Carowinds but never installed.  Carowinds never reinstalled the flyers after they were removed.  Could be something new even.

• Like 1