Kings Island 2019 Announcement on National Roller Coaster Day 8/16/18

Codyfryguy

Is it normal for KI to have a very major announcement on such short notice? To me it seems like this could easily be a small renovation/upgrade. Unless they are just trying to downplay it themselves so we can be wow'd even more when it's official.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Son of Beast BD8DB939-F096-4CE7-84FC-97B32D15303E.gif

As much as I'd love to be at this announcement tomorrow and see the impossible become real again (thanks to RMC), a) I have my honours college retreat 800 miles away and b) something is telling me that RMC SoB is a lifetime away but RMC Racer is more likely.

• Like 2

Lets do some thinking really quick. 

Son of Beast? No. Even if the rumors are true they'd hype it up like how they hyped up Banshee during the 2013 season.

Crypt? Highly unlikely- especially since Rivertown just got a new addition a year ago.

Flat ride? Possibly since the last flat ride the park got was in 2015, the last huge one being in 2011. 

Racer redo? Most likely since Racer is needs some work done. Plus the hint says something old will be new again so maybe that means that The Racer will run like new? 

If its not The Racer, which I'd be very suprised if it isn't, it could be an old KI flat that hasn't been in the park in years like a witches wheel or the antique cars. Heck maybe we'll get both a Racer rehab and a returning flat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

I'm thinking Racer since there is a walk-back at 4:30!

Ya know, y'all might just walk back there to see our wonderful crate, shaking, rattling, and ready to be released, imagine if they did that to you guys, and redid the whole original SOB announcement 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jdawg1998 said:

Is it normal for KI to have a very major announcement on such short notice? To me it seems like this could easily be a small renovation/upgrade. Unless they are just trying to downplay it themselves so we can be wow'd even more when it's official.

The really big announcements like a new coaster are known several weeks in advance typically.  Smaller announcements like a new flat would be pretty short notice just like this.

• Like 3

I like to think BIG... like an entire area re-vamp.

My hope is that Coney Mall is getting a complete reno.  It certainly needs it.  I personally think that the addition of the Smokehouse restaurant this season could have been a precursor/start of much needed infrastructure changes to the area.  I'd love a complete re-furb of Racer and flat package, as well as new lighting/facades etc.

I think "something old is new again" references the entire Coney area.  I think as a part of that reno, will a modern take on a previous attraction... fingers crossed for recaR.

Heck... I'd be happy with just the sculpted Ginkgo trees coming back!

Shaggy

• Like 14

1 hour ago, jdawg1998 said:

I wouldn't call it a major announcement.  They gave us 24 hours notice...lol...us. like we're important. 

giphy.webp

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

I like to think BIG... like an entire area re-vamp.

My hope is that Coney Mall is getting a complete reno.  It certainly needs it.  I personally think that the addition of the Smokehouse restaurant this season could have been a precursor/start of much needed infrastructure changes to the area.  I'd love a complete re-furb of Racer and flat package, as well as new lighting/facades etc.

I think "something old is new again" references the entire Coney area.  I think as a part of that reno, will a modern take on a previous attraction... fingers crossed for recaR.

Heck... I'd be happy with just the sculpted Ginkgo trees coming back!

Shaggy

Agreed. The whole area from Zephyr to WindSeeker is mostly dead now. Needs some love. 

• Like 4