Kings Island 2019 Announcement on National Roller Coaster Day 8/16/18

Codyfryguy

I created an account to jump on the hype train.

I agree with others that its something that is "gone" that will be re-added. I want to say SoB, but it could be a Skyride, I mean the old one did start at that location and did carry people over to the kid's area. It would help people crossing the park getting off the train to reach that part of the park.

Here is an old map I found on the internet from 1970s that had the Skyride.

KIMap1970s.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jdawg1998 said:

Is it normal for KI to have a very major announcement on such short notice? To me it seems like this could easily be a small renovation/upgrade. Unless they are just trying to downplay it themselves so we can be wow'd even more when it's official.

No, and you are correct.  Trust me, when they have what most would consider "major" announcements they give the media plenty of time to plan to be there and give them a little nudge nudge to let them know that they probably should be there.  

You've got to remember that any improvement that the park makes will be a good thing for all of us in some way.  Even if it's a Racer or Coney revamp that's something we can enjoy.  Our "big" day will come again, just not tomorrow.

• Like 9

Id love to think Zodiac was coming back because I never got to experience it... but I really don't think that the case.

Skylab was a favorite of mine, but I dont see that making a return either. 

My best guess is Les' Taxi (the tiques) coming back as well as a complete refurb of The Racer with RMC Topper track (which is commonly red and would look very 75'ish with new blue rails). 

A little paint for Vortex and maybe a flat on the flight commander pad wouldn't be a bad thing either. 

My dream would be to topper track one side of racer and "RMC" the other making for two distinct experiences, but I don't think they will do that. 

The Racer is iconic and will never have its layout or concept changed (steel vengeance style) Topper track would give the same old ride a new smoother feel and a very welcome addition. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedStockings1869 said:

So if The Racer was retracked by RMC it’d pretty much be like twisted colossus in a way right?

Not necessarily. It can recieve a topper track upgrade, which I believe keeps it classified as a wooden coaster. (Ex. Outlaw Run)

• Like 2

If its antique cars, they could use the land to the far left of Coney Mall, between Zephr and WindSeeker. 

This was an idea I had a while ago for a possible antique car return. It's right along the midway so people can see the cars go by. While putting it in the DA woods is more realistic, it would also be hard to watch the cars. Just a thought.

dinos land extra 2.png

I always thought that part of the park needed some love. 

Also to encourage the 'tiques- on @Fye Coasters Facebook page there's a teaser that says "returned in 2006... but something was missing." The Antique cars were removed before 2006.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

The question is where would they be placed if this is the case

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, building a track for them would require permits, which haven't been filed. But running them on a road that already exists wouldn't require any.

There's a nearly half-mile long road in Coney Mall that was recently vacated and is currently only used as the queue for a Haunt (and queues can be easily moved)...

• Like 4

Click this link (warren County Recorder)

https://oh3laredo.fidlar.com/OHWarren/AvaWeb/#!/search?Parcel=1617200014

And click on Document number 2018-022702 (entitled "NOTICE" <of improvements>); Click on the highlighted part to open the PDF preview --- and take a look at the parties listed and time frame listed.  I'll sit back and watch

Capture.PNG

(last time they made recorded such a notice was 8/16/16 - 2016-023952 for Mystic Timbers)

image.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

If its antique cars, they could use the land to the far left of Coney Mall, between Zephr and WindSeeker. 

This was an idea I had a while ago for a possible antique car return. It's right along the midway so people can see the cars go by. While putting it in the DA woods is more realistic, it would also be hard to watch the cars. Just a thought.

dinos land extra 2.png

I always thought that part of the park needed some love. 

Also to encourage the 'tiques- on @Fye Coasters Facebook page there's a teaser that says "returned in 2006... but something was missing." The Antique cars were removed before 2006.

Not saying its SOB but, the loop was removed in 2006. just saying might be something 

7 minutes ago, jimbo t said:

I cant wait to find out. wish I was able to be there tomorrow.:(

I can't make it tomorrow either dude. Hang in there.

My guess is maybe they're doing two things next year. Maybe Racer is getting the refresher that everyone on here is guessing about on here as well as getting the antique cars back. I know my sister will be doing cart wheels if they announce Racer going backwards again. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Old_Bearcat said:

Click this link (warren County Recorder)

https://oh3laredo.fidlar.com/OHWarren/AvaWeb/#!/search?Parcel=1617200014

And click on Document number 2018-022702 (entitled "NOTICE" <of improvements>); and take a look at the parties listed and time frame listed.  I'll sit back and watch

Capture.PNG

Clarification:

8/15/18

Party 1: SHERWIN WILLIAMS COMPANY

MICHAEL B ATTORNEY & AUTHORIZED AGENT BACH

Party 2: Kings Island PARK LLC

8/9/18

Party 1: Kings Island PARK LLC

WESSELMAN SPECIALTY FLOORING

Party 2: SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY

MICHAEL B ATTORNEY & AUTHORIZED AGENT BACH

8/8/18