Kings Island 2019 Announcement on National Roller Coaster Day 8/16/18

Codyfryguy

The project that @boddaH1994 and @Old_Bearcat are referring to could be a Coney Mall overhaul that is done in phases. 

Phase 1 could have been the BBQ

Phase 2 could be what they're announcing tomorrow

Phase 3 could be B&M's involvement.

If B&M on the document indicates the giga we've all been hoping for, I wouldn't be surprised if the park would want to renovate Coney Mall before its debut.

• Like 7

Maybe, they're giving us something now, to throw us off the trail (yeah, keep trying) of whatever the bigger announcement is, whenever the hell that happens. I hope that its a refurb of The Racer and the return of the Les Taxis. Whatever it is, I'll be happy with it...for a few weeks! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

The project that @boddaH1994 and @Old_Bearcat are referring to could be a Coney Mall overhaul that is done in phases. 

Phase 1 could have been the BBQ

Phase 2 could be what they're announcing tomorrow

Phase 3 could be B&M's involvement.

If B&M on the document indicates the giga we've all been hoping for, I wouldn't be surprised if the park would want to renovate Coney Mall before its debut.

I'm on board with this theory...Whatever we get in the distant future, will most likely go back in Coney. Draw your crowds into the park. plus it gets them out of the way.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Looks like the key...

to my gramp's Model T...

You didn't believe me LOL

58 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

Googled Ford model T key and this is what I got. It looks like we might have the antique cars back.ddf0132f3c903f0e0fc4124a410475eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I can't make it tomorrow either dude. Hang in there.
My guess is maybe they're doing two things next year. Maybe Racer is getting the refresher that everyone on here is guessing about on here as well as getting the antique cars back. I know my sister will be doing cart wheels if they announce Racer going backwards again. 

I can’t get there, either. I work in a prison and can’t have my cellphone, so I have to wait til 5pm. I’ll be in the dark for what will feel like hours.

• Like 1

aee39c2d2d711319e43572ca9fc9c2fa.jpg
This makes me think the antique cars are coming back. Henry was at the park a couple years before this and something that existed then wasn’t there in 2006. The cars were removed in 2004, correct?

• Like 5

[mention=8698]dwitb[/mention] I believe that's a reference to Son of Beast's loop.  The line "something was missing" makes me think that, along with the date. 

When did they remove the loop?

4 minutes ago, JubJester said:

@dwitb I believe that's a refrence to Son of Beast's loop.  The line "something was missing" makes me think that.

I don't think so- Son of Beast still had its loop, and was running, on June 6th, 2006. Its accident happened on July 9th, about 1 month later, and that's when it shut down for the season (Re-Opening in July 2007). I think the "something was missing" part is because in 2006, the Antique Cars were gone and had been replaced by BLSC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I see cars comeback and a large Farris Wheel going in a node to the Zodiac. A new lighting package like the Gemini midway at Cedar Point got a few years back. Possibly some RMC topper track on The Racer, However I do not see them turning The Racer back around unfortunately! :( 

• Like 3