Kings Island 2019 Announcement on National Roller Coaster Day 8/16/18

Codyfryguy

Tiques where the Dinos were

Racer refresh (not a refurb, as I think it'll just be some track work, new paint, and maybe some station improvements)

Fresh coat of paint for either Vortex or Diamondback (but probably Vortex since it seems everyone agrees the other improvements are going in Coney Mall)

• Like 1

Another clue to the possible return of Lés Taxis...If you google the name, Meline Raymond, as seen on the clue page, you can follow it to a FBook page where, on Méline Raymonds page, you can find, well, Paris, France...Lés Taxis. Plus, on KI's own website from May 15, 2017, "Something Old Is New Again" they mention Les Taxis -A French Taxi car ride.  

https---uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com-20180815-254ba0df290d459933cd4f8ec348e44b.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 9.52.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 10.11.40 PM.png

• Like 9

Am I in the extreme minority that is sick to my stomach disappointed with the now strong possibility of antique car return?

Who announces an attraction like that on national roller coaster day? Kings Island does I guess... bummed

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Am I in the extreme minority that is sick to my stomach disappointed with the now strong possibility of antique car return?

Who announces an attraction like that on national roller coaster day? Kings Island does I guess... bummed

you didn't like the antique cars ???

• Like 1

Maybe it’s because you and others have hyped yourselves up to the so-called teasers and rumors about Son of Beasts’ return. And now upset because it wasn’t what you wanted. I’m not being a smart-alec, just making an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Welcome to KIC!

Most of us here like roller coasters a lot, but other types of rides round out the park experience. As a kid, before I got into coasters, my favorite rides were Phantom Theater, Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, the antique cars, and the (original) Flying Eagles. I'd be thrilled to see any of them return.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Nope!  I completely agree!

I won’t renew my pass next year if they don’t have some sort of new coaster for next year! 

I’m sick of watching Cedar Point getting all the great coasters every year when we get a Bbq place and a water slide!

What a joke!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

My guess with the mechanics liens is somebody KI hired didn't pay their subs and probably went bankrupt, so in 2020 we are getting a B&M giga coaster in outpost 5 themed to the Universal Commerce Code.  'Son of Unjust Enrichment."  #whatsinthecertifiedmail

• Like 1

Upon seeing this post on Twitter, I've thought of a few ideas, some of which are a bit far-fetched...

-Bringing back the original Flying Eagles to Coney Mall

-Announcing that the Enchanted Theatre will officially debut for shows next year (even though it opened for the first time in a long time for Peanut's Sketch School)

-A Phantom Theater revival (which may have been why Carnevil will be no more- I know that wasn't the reason, but I say this as the building formally known as Sorority House/Delta/Delta Die/Massacre Manor became the plot of land where Coney BBQ is now)

-King Cobra, a Giga that will use Son of Beast's old station

Other ideas could include bringing back the Backwards Racer, putting a classic flat in Coney or even Antique Cars; we'll find out tomorrow...

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

Maybe it’s because you and others have hyped yourselves up to the so-called teasers and rumors about Son of Beasts’ return. And now upset because it wasn’t what you wanted. I’m not being a smart-alec, just making an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would be 100% correct. My 10 year son has been on fire about these and I definitely got swept up with a childlike excitement. I was looking forward to his excitement along with many years of making memories on pending coaster. 

Such is life, and like the Brooklyn Dodger's of the 50's... Wait till next year! 

59 minutes ago, jimbo t said:

you didn't like the antique cars ???

I wasnt around for them at Kings Island(I have only been in Cincinnati for 2 years, of which we have been pass holders) but I was wanting more. The coaster of course, but I would be content with one of the more intense flats like a tilt a whirl or the like. 

• Like 2

I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's the cars, and I'm with @Waltny. I've never been a speedway fan in any theme park. 

Love the thought of maybe a new flat ride, or a ride for families or chickens like me-- but I've always thought the little cars were boring.

Of course, I'd love to see the RMC Son of Beast-- but I would honestly be happy with Racer getting some love. The backwards Racer returning would be AMAZING.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waltny said:

Were you expecting a giga? You can be bummed out all year, the rest of us will be enjoying it and having fun!

Anyone who expected a coaster this year is being silly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Like I've been saying all along since I've joined KIC...Kings Island needs to build a "Resurrection Park".  Bring back Antique Cars, King Cobra, Witches Wheel, Sky Riders and a Dark Ride from the past.  I always thought they needed to expand the park from Coney Mall and build something for nostalgic sake.  I would even be happy with a Camp Ground or SOB reboot too.  Just my thought before 2 pm announcement. 

I also thought that one day, they could build an action theatre near Coney Mall to produce LIVE shows at night and have fireworks incorporated into it.

They could also update Timber Wolf and bring back a concert series again.  

If they were to expand back from Coney Mall...this could give Winterfest and Haunt more possibilities.  I'm done...Goodnight.  

• Like 3

They could add a Gerstlauer sky roller called Flight Commander, but that name would probably bring back some bad memories.

A G2 Enterprise from HUSS (named Skylab after the old HUSS Enterprise) would also be cool, but I can only say we are getting the antique cars back with confidence.

• Like 2

I'm curious to see where in the park the Antiques go.  Up closer to the Eiffel Tower close to the land in front of Backlot and besides the Carousel would be a good area if it is big enough combining those small pieces of land.  Another good area would be behind Racer in part of the old Dinos area or to the left of FOF.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KingsIsland1972 said:

Like I've been saying all along since I've joined KIC...Kings Island needs to build a "Resurrection Park".  Bring back Antique Cars, King Cobra, Witches Wheel, Sky Riders and a Dark Ride from the past.  I always thought they needed to expand the park from Coney Mall and build something for nostalgic sake.  I would even be happy with a Camp Ground or SOB reboot too.  Just my thought before 2 pm announcement. 

I also thought that one day, they could build an action theatre near Coney Mall to produce LIVE shows at night and have fireworks incorporated into it.

They could also update Timber Wolf and bring back a concert series again.  

If they were to expand back from Coney Mall...this could give Winterfest and Haunt more possibilities.  I'm done...Goodnight.  

Antique Cars and "renewing" Racer is a fantastic start. Retheming the entire park back to it's original concept would draw me back in (e.g. Oktoberfest back to a fully-functioning German/Bavarian land – working glock, proper region-specific Fest food/shows, etc. – Action back to Africa, International Street back to original lands/countries with appropriate music, and so on). Adding little flats back throughout the park, in each "land", would make a more well-rounded environment too (instead of pigeon-holing the families/kids to Peanuts) – and on that note, seeing a dark water ride there again would be amazing.

Coasters are fun, but what makes a great park experience to me is the full experience – complete, appropriate theming (visual and aural), and a balance between small/mid tier and large ride experiences (in addition to plussing through entertainment venues).

• Like 5