Just for fun: FINAL 2019 announcement predictions

BoddaH1994

2019 Coney Mall Refurb:

Racer:

• Racer Repainted, new lift signs.
  • Lighting package.
  • Station and queue refresh (with historical queue signage).
  • Extensive retrack (possibly by RMC, though I'm iffy on that).
  • New trains.
  • One side runs backwards again.

General:

• Repainted buildings.
  • New 70s-themed signage.
  • Area-specific loop. Mix of classic rock and carnival music.

New Additions:

• Antique cars in former Tower Gardens (or Action Theater / Dinos) spot.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, JAHill said:

2019 Coney Mall Refurb:

Racer:

• Racer Repainted, new lift signs.
  • Lighting package.
  • Station and queue refresh (with historical queue signage).
  • Extensive retrack (possibly by RMC, though I'm iffy on that).
  • New trains.
  • One side runs backwards again.

General:

• Repainted buildings.
  • New 70s-themed signage.
  • Area-specific loop. Mix of classic rock and carnival music.

New Additions:

• Antique cars in former Tower Gardens (or Action Theater / Dinos) spot.

I like your ideas there. :)

1.  Racer going into rehab mode.  Paint, retracking, lighting.  Would be great to get a GCI retrack and GCI trains.

2.  Flat rides in Coney and a general upgrade to Coney.  Start with giving the area the sign back.  I'd like to see a sit down dining establishment similar to RHOFG in the old arcade--another place to cool off inside since there is nothing like that on that side of the park.  With a reinvigorated The Racer, they could put in patio seating out back.  Unique experience.  Would love to see the Junkyard coaster relocated to Action Zone and this area returned to the car rides and get our flyers back from Carowinds.  Might see Zodiac return.  

3.  General return of things to the way they used to be.  Refreshed Oktoberfest (the glockenspiel), flat rides etc. New pavers in I-street.  

Even if this is a mild announcement, I will say that I am very excited about the future of our park.  I literally had the #kibestday yesterday there.  My friend who came had not been since 2011 and said it felt more like the KI of our youth than she ever would have known.

• Like 2

I don't have anything unique to contribute, as I agree with the general consensus. I think I've said this before, but I wouldn't be mad at seeing Coney Mall get repurposed into a romanticized 1920's version of itself. I don't expect that tomorrow, but it would still be cool. That, and if a giga is coming, give it a curved, old-timey wood station (something like Comet at Waldameer but with the artistry of Racer at Kennywood) and a throwback name, like Shooting Star.

Gotta be that guy for a second: for the record, y'all, THIS is what teasers and hints actually look like from the park.

• Like 3

Coney Mall has been the park’s ghetto for years now, so I am very glad it is getting the love it deserves this season and the next.

I know everyone wants it to be more 70’s retro theming a la the Gemini Midway, but I don’t think it would fit. Coney Mall represents an amusement park at the turn-of-the-century, not 1972.

I am expecting a lighting package on Racer, combined with some refurbishment.  I have my doubts how extensive it will be but I do hope for a full retracking with new trains but that’s a lot of money.

I am also expecting the return of the antique cars.  Been debating with myself on where.  But it feels like it will be part of Coney Mall.

I actually am hopeful for new trains on Vortex.  Only reason I am considering it is the pictures of Vortex in the slide shows that news outlets are receiving.  But I cannot see both Vortex and Racer getting trains.

Final guess for me is Antique Cars with an RMC traditional retracking of Racer and hopefully a Skylab replacement. Maybe the new Zamperla version as a nod to the previous and "new". Hopefully The Racer rehab also includes new trains from a manufacturer that encourages backwards operation but that is 2 to 4 new trains so that's pretty costly so not expecting that. As for the cars the dream would use the Flight Commander pad as a roundabout loading station with the road venturing off into the D.A. area but maybe mimicking the old Auto Roller Coaster when closeto the midway.

6bc417265d8aca3dc64cfee9e6e230b5.jpg

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

I think they'll be several things for next year: 

1. Antique cars.

2. Coney Mall refurbishment. (Sign gets placed back, new scenery, etc.)

3. Racer refurbishment. Retracking, returning to its former colors (blue, red, and white). 

4. Bold prediction: Skyride comes back.

I like number 4 as well ..sky ride coming back would be awesome.

• Like 2

Well, I suppose it's that time of year again.

As far as what I predict will be coming, I'd have to start with The Racer. I don't think that the "activity" going on near the ride, and the people supposedly seen near the ride this season are a coincidence. Some type of refurb, in some form or another is likely to be announced.

Also, based on the teasers, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the Antique Cars return. If I recall correctly, Cedar Point removed one of their antique car attractions not too long ago, so I suppose that CF could already have cars in their possession. The biggest question is where they would put them. The DA location seems reasonable, but also seems flat enough that it would be better suited for...... Something else in the future.

Now onto what I'd like to see announced tomorrow  :P

1.) Racer gets topper track retrack and Millennium Flyer trains, and yes, I know that's an odd combination, but just think of how awesome that would be! If not topper track, a GCI retrack would be appreciated equally.

2.) Coney Mall gets its sign back. This is something I've been talking about quite adamantly here, for quite some time.

3.) Entire Coney Mall refresh, possibly return of Ginkgo trees, and possibly a Gerstlauer Sky Roller (like SkyHawk at Canada's Wonderland) on the old Flight Commander pad.

4.) This last one's a bit far-fetched but I'll throw the bone anyway. Vortex gets the newer style Vekoma vest restraint trains (as were retro-fitted on Blue Hawk at SFoG a couple seasons back) and a station refurb.

• Like 1

1. Refurb of racer. (paint, lighting, possible new trains)

2. Antique cars. 

3. new flat ride (gerstlauer sky roller)

I've been guessing that racer was getting some work this season and I think this is it. now I have also guessed that Coney mall was also due for some work and it seems perfect to do these at the same time. I chose to pick a sky roller for this area because of this photo (below) and the closest thing I can compare to zodiac is a sky roller. this photo basically locked up my guess.

No automatic alt text available.

I hope the antique cars return.  It also looks like a ferris wheel could be added.  I think these would be great additions because there are not a lot of low intensity rides not specifically aimed at kids.  I love the coasters and more intense rides, but the woman can't do them anymore.  There isn't much to do when we are there together.  We could definitely do antique cars and a ferris wheel though.  It also looks like The Racer is getting some love.  RMC seems like a stretch.  I thought they weren't doing topper track retracting anymore.  I rode blue yesterday and it ran alright.  It's still a good ride.  It definitely could use some paint, but i'm not convinced they are throwing additional millions for a significant track alteration or new trains.