Just for fun: FINAL 2019 announcement predictions

BoddaH1994

2 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I believe the park already announced the dorms back in June.

https://www.journal-news.com/news/kings-island-wants-add-housing-for-out-area-staffers/TxVJqIwNKAFrjrbHWpmWyO/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see them working that in if they wanted to. Not relevant, but it’s content if they need it.

• Like 1

Dang. I got the whole thing on video. Some might have seen me, I was the guy in the fury 325 shirt and the red and black iPhone with a tripod in hand by the left side of the stage. I was really hoping that they would actually do something along the lines of a new coaster. But of course that’s not what we got. They mentioned all the new amenities from buying a gold pass this year, mainly because of the lower attendance. But honestly antique cars won’t really attract anything. Nobody will travel far just for a ride you can find at tons of other parks. People want rollercoasters, and if ki doesn’t get them, the attendance will continue to drop.

2 hours ago, matthew0813 said:

Nobody will travel far just for a ride you can find at tons of other parks. People want rollercoasters, and if ki doesn’t get them, the attendance will continue to drop.

Attendance is down across Cedar Fair and the regional industry as a whole. Some believe that due to the strong economy, families are choosing to travel to destination parks instead of visiting their regional park. When the economy has it's next correction, regional parks will probably see an increase in attendance. Also, the weather in the Midwest has been particularly bad this season, which negatively affects attendance.

• Like 1

Low Attendance was not because of no roller coaster, but the crappy weather we had.

I’m pretty sure I’m responsible for the crappy weather. Today was visit 29. Rained 24 of the 29 times. Lol

Darn you, Oldschool75! Lol!

2 hours ago, OTTER9919 said:

I could definitely see a revamp of Son of Beast in x-base happening at some point 

I could definitely NOT see such a thing.

Why do so many people want to see the park do this? Why would the park resurrect anything related to a ride that sent two dozen people to the hospital and is generally a giant black eye for the park? I daresay nobody in the coaster industry is even willing to be associated with that name at this point. Son of Beast is dead and buried, as proven by the tombstone in the Banshee queue. Let it rest in peace. Please.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

I could definitely NOT see such a thing.

Why do so many people want to see the park do this? Why would the park resurrect anything related to a ride that sent two dozen people to the hospital and is generally a giant black eye for the park? I daresay nobody in the coaster industry is even willing to be associated with that name at this point. Son of Beast is dead and buried, as proven by the tombstone in the Banshee queue. Let it rest in peace. Please.

Why have a grave reminding of that black mark? While I think a SOB revival is unlikely I've only seen excitement at the prospect with the exception of these forums. If a silly poster at a different park could garner this much attention then who knows?

On 8/18/2018 at 11:04 PM, matt112986 said:

Why have a grave reminding of that black mark?

To state that it's dead and won't come back.

While I think a SOB revival is unlikely I've only seen excitement at the prospect with the exception of these forums.

Only from fanboys that don't understand how the industry works. Those that do understand those things know and understand why a SOB revival will never, ever happen.

If a silly poster at a different park could garner this much attention then who knows?

It never should have gained that much attention. A few people got it started and it blew up way bigger than it ever had a right to be because too many people don't understand and know how to tell the difference between a teaser and an Easter egg.

• Like 3

While I think a SOB revival is unlikely I've only seen excitement at the prospect with the exception of these forums. 

Where and who have you seen excitement on a SOB revival? Most if not all other coaster forums worth their salt agree with the fact that SOB shouldn't come back as well.  

Also, I want the SOB fanboys to define what they want.  RCCA is dead, so you can't bring them back to design the park a new one (and Stengel certainly won't go near a wooden coaster ever again).  Intamin hasn't built a plug n' play in over a decade (not to mention CF won't go near Intamin),  and traditional wooden coasters honestly shouldn't be built anywhere near hyper coaster stats.  A ground up RMC would be the best equivalent, but its not all that groundbreaking in the way SOB fanboys say they want (they just reached joined the hyper club at CP and at SFGAm with their respective track types).  

What is your ultimatum?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Where and who have you seen excitement on a SOB revival? Most if not all other coaster forums worth their salt agree with the fact that SOB shouldn't come back as well.  

Also, I want the SOB fanboys to define what they want.  RCCA is dead, so you can't bring them back to design the park a new one (and Stengel certainly won't go near a wooden coaster ever again).  Intamin hasn't built a plug n' play in over a decade (not to mention CF won't go near Intamin),  and traditional wooden coasters honestly shouldn't be built anywhere near hyper coaster stats.  A ground up RMC would be the best equivalent, but its not all that groundbreaking in the way SOB fanboys say they want (they just reached joined the hyper club at CP and at SFGAm with their respective track types).  

What is your ultimatum?

Personal acquaintances, those who aren't enthusiasts, have both heard of the rumor (on the news no doubt) and told me they would want to ride it. I stated I was talking about people outside forums. 

Any expectation I would have (I also stated that a SOB revival was unlikely) would certainly be an RMC.

I don't know what you mean by an ultimatum. I don't have one and don't think SOB is ever coming back. Ill certainly keep visiting the park regardless.

• 2 weeks later...