Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

Something old is new again at Kings Island for the 2019 season! Relax in a Model T Ford next to The Racer coaster in Coney Mall! KICentral is very excited to have the antique cars returning to make more memories with families and friends. KIC would love to hear what are you thoughts on this new addition!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/rides/kings-mills-antique-autos

Kings Island's most beloved attraction, the antique cars ride, is returning to the park in spring 2019. In the new Kings Mills Antique Autos family ride, guests will board replica classic touring cars and take a leisurely drive around a scenic track equipped with a small rail to keep the car on the path. The ride will be comparable to the original Les Taxis antique car ride, combining nostalgia with new enhancements. 

Kings Mills Antique Autos will be located in Coney Mall, across from the Juke Box Café and alongside The Racer roller coaster. The ride will be a quarter mile in length and last approximately three minutes. The cars are 2/3 scale replicas of the 1911 Ford Model T; though all-new, they will retain the vintage feel of the original Les Taxis. The ride's name, as well as theming throughout the attraction, is expected to enhance the nostalgic experience for riders

AA.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This is great and all, but what was all that stuff about "Outpost 5" and the quotes from the Adventure Express loading station on the posters found at Cedar Point? Not sure how the Antique Cars fit in with all the posters and leaks that have come out recently.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I liked them as a kid, but choosing National Rollercoaster Day to announce a kiddie ride? That ain't right. You could feel the air go out of the room. Personally, I would have preferred bringing back Kenton's Kove if we are talking nostalgia. It is what it is....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

^ Seconded. Smart reversal of one of the biggest mistakes of the last decade.

For those of us who weren't able to tune into the entire livestream: did they say where they would go?

Amen to that.  Scrapping the originals for Stunt Coaster - or whatever its called now - was the utmost low-point in the parks history.  I was praying he'd say that they were tearing it down and putting them back there... but I'll take them any way I can get them.

This is a wise move by KI, and it absolutely warms my heart!

• Like 17

The posters found at Cedar Fair had obvious nods to both Son of Beast and Adventure Express.  "Number 5 is Alive" and "Track 2 is no longer is use and has been permanently abandoned" were written on the posters.  Pair that with the announcement being on National Rollercoaster Day and you can't help but speculate differently.  I never thought we were getting a rebuild of Son of Beast, that's never happening.  However, I figured a revamp of Adventure Express was highly possible.  Just not sure what all the teaser posters were getting at.  How did they have anything to do with Antique Cars?  Were we mislead?

• Like 1

I think its wonderful.  Since Paramount rampaged the park, the park has been seriously lacking total family attractions......things that everyone can do together regardless of motion tolerance.  Now there are antique cars, railroad, the Eiffel Tower, helicopters and the carrousel.  They still need a few more.....

This does partially reverse on of the biggest pieces of damage that Paramount inflicted on the park, although the location will not be as scenic and there is still that horrible eyesore in the middle of the park.....

I am really happy with the direction that Cedar Fair is taking these parks.  Back to the Taft standard......

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Voicetek said:

The posters found at Cedar Fair had obvious nods to both Son of Beast and Adventure Express.  "Number 5 is Alive" and "Track 2 is no longer is use and has been permanently abandoned" were written on the posters.  Pair that with the announcement being on National Rollercoaster Day and you can't help but speculate differently.  I never thought we were getting a rebuild of Son of Beast, that's never happening.  However, I figured a revamp of Adventure Express was highly possible.  Just not sure what all the teaser posters were getting at.

Those weren't teasers. They were Easter eggs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The posters found at Cedar Fair had obvious nods to both Son of Beast and Adventure Express.  "Number 5 is Alive" and "Track 2 is no longer is use and has been permanently abandoned" were written on the posters.  Pair that with the announcement being on National Rollercoaster Day and you can't help but speculate differently.  I never thought we were getting a rebuild of Son of Beast, that's never happening.  However, I figured a revamp of Adventure Express was highly possible.  Just not sure what all the teaser posters were getting at.  How did they have anything to do with Antique Cars?  Were we mislead?

Nope. They’ll just build that at CP...