Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

13 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Holy crap I called the location a while ago! Its not exact but its darn close!

dinos land extra 2.png

If they remove the unused arcade and never open drink building (the former Coney Island Disco), there is more space than I originally thought.  I was thinking just the Zodiac and DA alive shop areas.    Hopefullly it will be as nicely landscaped as the one that was removed in the center of the park.

• Like 3

Nothing to be disappointed about! Plus any real “fanboy” should be pretty excited about the notice of commencement that was just filed last week! That is good evidence that a major investment in the park is coming in 2020.  I have a feeling we will have plenty of real teasers coming our way sooner than later.  Should be a fun 2019! 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Voicetek said:

This is great and all, but what was all that stuff about "Outpost 5" and the quotes from the Adventure Express loading station on the posters found at Cedar Point? Not sure how the Antique Cars fit in with all the posters and leaks that have come out recently.

In time....they just opened a new coaster last year.  And maybe it has nothing at all to do with our park. It'll be 2020-21 before we see anything like a giga. And if they do it right, it won't be until 2022, the parks 50th anniversary. 

But lets talk about the Antique Cars coming back! I was right there with Mike when he spoke about riding in them with the girlfriend, the wife, the kids...Love the nostalgia!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

Cedar Point gets Steel Vengance. Kings Island gets some dilapidated cars that go in a circle at 5mph. We truly are blessed. 

Ever heard the phrase "Cant see the forest for the trees?" ;-)

Foresight is key...

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

Cedar Point gets Steel Vengance. Kings Island gets some dilapidated cars that go in a circle at 5mph. We truly are blessed. 

Kings Island also got Mystic Timbers, Banshee, Diamondback and Firehawk in the last 11 years.  CP and KI appeal to differing audiences.  I had a friend with me this week at KI who had not been since 2011 and she remarked that it felt like the "old" KI and she loved it.  She even mentioned that she missed the antique car ride.  It looks like we will get a new B&M in the next few years.  I'm sure it will  be great.

• Like 9

We all can't be happy I guess. As a father, I am very encouraged to see these finally return! 

A past poster would be preaching patience at this point. Good things come with time.

And as always, look at what they do, not what they say!

Lord I miss the Interpreter! 

• Like 13

We all can't be happy I guess. As a father, I am very encouraged to see these finally return! 

A past poster would be preaching patience at this point. Good things come with time.

And as always, look at what they do, not what they say!

Lord I miss the Interpreter! 

Whatever happened to the Interpreter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

So sorry you didn’t get your precious Son of Beast Rmc mabey next year 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

Kings Island also got Mystic Timbers, Banshee and Firehawk in the last 11 years.  CP and KI appeal to differing audiences.  I had a friend with me this week at KI who had not been since 2011 and she remarked that it felt like the "old" KI and she loved it.  She even mentioned that she missed the antique car ride.  It looks like we will get a new B&M in the next few years.  I'm sure it will  be great.

Firehawk is a crappy coaster that was given away when they scrapped Geaga Lake. Mystic Timbers and Banshee are pretty meh. 

The Beast is the only amazing coaster at Kings Island.  Cedar Point has 4 amazing coasters. It would be sweet to get a new one. That’s all I’m saying. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

Complaining about a park you like not building a coaster is the epitome of a first world problem. Theme Parks are a luxury and when you buy a season pass, they owe you nothing other than admission. If you don't like what they add, don't visit. Don't act like you were somehow lied to or betrayed because an amusement park didn't build what you wanted.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Kifan91 said:

So sorry you didn’t get your precious Son of Beast Rmc mabey next year 

I have a two year old, and a 3 month old. I should be excited because this is something I can do with my kids (in the near future).  But man just more meh. Something special would be nice. 

1 minute ago, ethancoaster said:

Complaining about a park you like not building a coaster is the epitome of a first world problem. Theme Parks are a luxury and when you buy a season pass, they owe you nothing other than admission. If you don't like what they add, don't visit. Don't act like you were somehow lied to or betrayed because an amusement park didn't build what you wanted.

So I can’t criticize something I find lame?  That’s great you are excited. I guess. Sorry for not sharing enthusiasm for lame. 

Let me say something to all the people complaining about the announcement- no one really cares.

The removal Antique Cars was one of the biggest upsets to families who have been going to Kings Island for countless years prior to 2004. There are very mild few rides that families can do together outside of Planet Snoopy and the train. Whenever I go to the park, I see grandparents standing at the fence watching their grandchildren riding rides that they themselves cannot enjoy anymore due to some type of physical restraint. The return of the Antique Cars gives something the entire family can ride, grandparents included. I'm sure parents who spend hundreds of dollars on goldpasses, season tickets, and general admission will be happy to ride something other than just small kiddie rides in Planet Snoopy with their children. My mom, for example, was extremely excited for the return of the Antique Cars because that was something we did when she used to take me up to the park when I was little and now she can do the same with my little sisters. Little kids will be able to drive a "big car" with their parents or grandparents with them. Overall I think that this return was long overdue and I welcome it.

In response to the teaser posters online- no one really cares.

Enthusiasts aren't only the one's that make the park money, a vast majority of revenue comes from families. Those posters were easter eggs at best- if they're something more than its just future speculation at this point. I find it hilarious that people actually thought that they'd make an announcement as huge as Son of Beast returning without any announcement dates up until a few days prior. Mystic Timbers and Banshee were literally hyped for the entire summer before an announcement date was even given. People who believed that today's announcement was going to have anything to do with those posters should take some time and actually learn about the industry before rushing to conclusions. 

Since Cedar Fair bought Kings Island we've gotten 4 roller coasters over the course of 11 years- that's a pretty impressive feat considering some parks haven't even received half of that. Cedar Fair knows where their money is coming from so they're going to invest as they see fit. I'm happy the Antique Cars are making a return!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

So I can’t criticize something I find lame?  That’s great you are excited. I guess. Sorry for not sharing enthusiasm for lame.

I honestly don't care about the announcement, KI isn't my home park. But there's a difference between criticism and entitlement, and feeling that you were treated unfairly because a theme park didn't build something that another theme park built falls into the latter of those two.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

I have a two year old, and a 3 month old. I should be excited because this is something I can do with my kids (in the near future).  But man just more meh. Something special would be nice. 

Yes, you should be excited.  Your children will likely have way more fun and make more memories on these cars than they would on a giant coaster that they wouldn’t be able to ride for years to come.

• Like 5

Just two weeks ago I was at Worlds of Fun, and took a spin on their antique cars. After the ride, all I could think about was how much I wished KI still had theirs. I am excited for this, and am even more excited that my kids will get to have the opportunity to enjoy the cars that I had when I was their age.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

Yes, you should be excited.  Your children will likely have way more fun and make more memories on these cars than they would on a giant coaster that they wouldn’t be able to ride for years to come.

agree totally  this is something the park was lacking grand ma can ride with the kids or even with grandpa. this is a great addition the big ride will come soon 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

Just two weeks ago I was at Worlds of Fun, and took a spin on their antique cars. After the ride, all I could think about was how much I wished KI still had theirs. I am excited for this, and am even more excited that my kids will get to have the opportunity to enjoy the cars that I had when I was their age.

Interesting to note, many of Worlds of Fun's antique cars are from Kings Island's former Antique Cars. I believe they were shipped over shortly after Cedar Fair purchased the park.

• Like 3