Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

The antique cars have a rather terrible capacity at parks like CP. That's why they always have a line. But it all depends on how many cars they can have going on the circuit at one time.You also have to remember that a family of 4 will likely require two cars to themselves, because both kids will want to drive.

• Like 1

I love this move, although it would be nice to move the stunt coaster and have it back where it belongs. To me, Kings Island (and so many parks these days) lacks nice in the middle rides: Most rides of substance are either thrill rides or kiddie rides. I love coasters, but I love variety. That is why I love going to Kennywood, for the variety. This brings more variety to the day at Kings Island with something people of all ages can enjoy doing together. Now if they could just bring the Enchanted Voyage back :)

• Like 5

Love the addition of the antique cars back to Coney Mall. Was really expecting something to do with Racer with some of the talk about visits from execs and people from RMC. Would have loved to hear about a refurbishment of it alongside this. Was also expecting it given it was National Roller Coaster Day, but didn't realize i was the anniversary of the closing of the old antiques cars.

• Like 4

Maybe those things weren't teasers at all? Maybe they were just fun, meaningless Easter eggs? Perhaps, as happens too often, enthusiasts made a big deal about nothing?

Like I said too some of us made a mountain out of a mole hill. And now we’re upset that the mountain is still a mole hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I am glad to see they are bringing back the cars, they're a fun attraction for the whole family. I'll be interested to see how much landscaping will go into this iteration, it would be nice to have some and not have it just be a bunch of flat concrete track.

• Like 1

For me, KI actually have 4 top coaster collections that are second to none. I will put Magnum and Maverick as the only ones rival the top 4 at KI. MF, Valrayvn, GateKeeper, Roogaroo, Wicked Twister as decent to ok rides. TTD is thrilling when riding for the first time.  I guess I have ridden it too many times.

Mystic Timbers was just added last year. Did anyone really expected a new coaster without having any significant construction going on in the park?  Really? 

Antique Car is a great attraction.  I really wished they bring back THE Flying Eagle from Carowinds since the ride was removed. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 139Signal27 said:

Maybe those things weren't teasers at all? Maybe they were just fun, meaningless Easter eggs? Perhaps, as happens too often, enthusiasts made a big deal about nothing?

I mean when they do stuff like say "we are temporarily sold out of southern yellow pine until our shipment arrives next season" you're gonna turn some heads, you're gonna make people think an SOB revivial, that ride made southern yellow pine infamous with it. It just added fuel to the fire with the 2 other little SOB mentions in those posters.

Screenshot_20180809-231136.png

• Like 1

I’m excited for the new ride! It should be a new highlight of Coney Mall, and one of my personal favorites!

However, I’m a bit disappointed by how the media treated this outside the park. The story that SOB V2 was being created severely hampered the public’s views on the new ride. It, NEVER, EVER should have resulted in this:7272ADAE-C334-4651-8C8D-3F1A82E15F01.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JubJester said:

@Bwb.32The fact teasers were at CP and not KI made me think it wasn't next year. That, and the fact we just got Mystic Timbers.

That's valid! Had that poster been worded better we may have avoided a huge uproar, perhaps instead of "next season" they should've said "in due time" or something of the sort, leaving it as an ambiguous time period.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I’m excited for the new ride! It should be a new highlight of Coney Mall, and one of my personal favorites!

However, I’m a bit disappointed by how the media treated this outside the park. The story that SOB V2 was being created severely hampered the public’s views on the new ride. It, NEVER, EVER should have resulted in this:7272ADAE-C334-4651-8C8D-3F1A82E15F01.jpeg

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to catch that guy's reaction to the announcement?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, KI Fan75 said:

And this gives another ride that can operate during winterfest

This was one of my thoughts also. I'd expect they'll do some sort of themed drive through based on a popular Christmas story/song (kinda like the 12 days on the train). Overall, I'm really happy to see the 'tiques come back, it helps fill a pretty big gap in the parks lineup that will hopefully get more families spending those $$$ and will (hopefully) add some scenery to a fairly dead end of the park. I'm not ruling out a racer refurb because as someone mentioned earlier, that's not the sort of thing I've ever seen a park announce to the GP.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bwb.32 said:

I mean when they do stuff like say "we are temporarily sold out of southern yellow pine until our shipment arrives next season" you're gonna turn some heads, you're gonna make people think an SOB revivial, that ride made southern yellow pine infamous with it. It just added fuel to the fire with the 2 other little SOB mentions in those posters.

[Image]

For the record, Southern Yellow Pine is not unique to Son of Beast. Most Great Coaster rides are built with it too, including Mystic Timbers.

• Like 9

The main thing I'm curious about is how the ride will be run by the ride ops. I've only ever ridden antique cars up at CP so that is the only way I've seen them operated. Kings Island has stricter operations so I don't know how they'll handle it. The biggie is having people in the station while cars are moving in and out. Having a guest in the ride area while something is still moving is one of the worst things a ride op can do. That would really slow down capacity though which is why I'm so curious

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I just want to say that the whole Son of Beast comeback thing is dead and buried. There's a tombstone in the Banshee queue line. Done. Pay your respects, and move on. The park is never gonna go there again.

I honestly think that there might be a chance in the near future. Probably not anytime soon but eventually. It does seem like Cedar Fair might be trying to correct some of the stuff that people say Paramount did wrong (like bringing back the antique cars) and redoing Son of Beast right would definitely do that. Plus, a ground up RMC remake would be pretty sweet. Then they could actually have a loop in it and not have to worry about it :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I just want to say that the whole Son of Beast comeback thing is dead and buried. There's a tombstone in the Banshee queue line. Done. Pay your respects, and move on. The park is never gonna go there again.

I saw someone literally knelt down in a praying position on Tuesday at the monument while their friend took a pic...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3