Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

4 minutes ago, nicescoot said:

I honestly think that there might be a chance in the near future. Probably not anytime soon but eventually. It does seem like Cedar Fair might be trying to correct some of the stuff that people say Paramount did wrong (like bringing back the antique cars) and redoing Son of Beast right would definitely do that. Plus, a ground up RMC remake would be pretty sweet. Then they could actually have a loop in it and not have to worry about it :)

Son of Beast hurt people. They tore it down. Dang near top of the list of recent memories they don't want random guests to think about or enter into a Google search. I just don't think there's any chance. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, nicescoot said:

I honestly think that there might be a chance in the near future. Probably not anytime soon but eventually. It does seem like Cedar Fair might be trying to correct some of the stuff that people say Paramount did wrong (like bringing back the antique cars) and redoing Son of Beast right would definitely do that. Plus, a ground up RMC remake would be pretty sweet. Then they could actually have a loop in it and not have to worry about it :)

I think the correcting stuff Paramount did wrong is more in lines with things that were at the park Pre-Paramount that Paramount eliminated or destroyed or neglected and correcting that.  A ride that was all Paramount like Son of Beast, what does CF have to gain by that?  Paramount isn't in the park business, it isn't like they have to one-up them.

I also seem to recall a lot of people upset when Son of Beast was announced - not about the ride itself, but that it was demeaning The Beast legacy and that Paramount was trying to take advantage of that legacy.  Why tempt that again..

I think at the Banshee announcement, CF did a nice job of burying the SOB, and the monument at the entrance is a fitting tribute.  If Son of Beast were to return now, it would be the Phoenix...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RollerColt said:

We all can't be happy I guess. As a father, I am very encouraged to see these finally return! 

A past poster would be preaching patience at this point. Good things come with time.

And as always, look at what they do, not what they say!

Lord I miss the Interpreter! 

Where is Terpy? :(

7 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Holy crap I called the location a while ago! Its not exact but its darn close!

dinos land extra 2.png

Yes you did dude! You deserve a big giant cookie from Insomnia cookies. We have that up here where I live in Akron and Kent Ohio.

Anyway though, I'm excited about this move from Kings Island. In my opinion this will bring back childhood memories for me. I remember when I was younger, I used to beg my dad to ride the Les Taxi's so I could have a taste of what driving was like. Well now I drive all the time, but that's irrelevant here.

Anyway, the one thing I'm wondering now is once Halloween is over with, do they tear down certain buildings to make it work? Like I'm confused of what building is what in this google earth image here. I know on the far left is where they normally have one of the haunts, but after that I'm lost.

I'm also disappointed they didn't mention if they were giving Racer some tlc or not. I'm sure they'll do the regular track maintenance like they normally do every year, but like others were wondering are they giving Racer a new paint job at all? I guess we'll find that out on a later date.

4 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I think a lot of people got sick of him, so he checked out. Whatevs.

I don't think this was the case. i believe it's an issue with his work not wanting him to have a presence online. He had mentioned a day when he might not be allowed to post on here long before he actually left.

Someone knows...

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

I don't think this was the case. i believe it's an issue with his work not wanting him to have a presence online. He had mentioned a day when he might not be allowed to post on here long before he actually left.

Someone knows...

I was going to say..if that was the case then it was dumb. I loved Terpy.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

Someone knows...

Fair enough. But at its best his interpreting basically amounted to, "If a new coaster is going to make them money, it's coming, if not...maybe we'll get some other good stuff". He never provided much info, just pompous about what he knew but couldn't tell. As he told us over and over (and over) again. "Those who know can't tell". What a jerk!

• Like 2

Even though I am a coaster enthusiast, I do enjoy antique car rides. I have ridden Cedar Point’s and Darien Lake’s antique cars, so I am glad to hear that next year I will not need to go as far to drive an old-fashioned car!

It’s been a while since Vortex, WindSeeker and Shake Rattle & Roll have seen a new neighbor *cough* R.I.P. Dinos *cough* so I am excited to see (and experience) this new addition!

Edited to add: One of the few rides my mom is willing to ride is antique cars, and they are a great ride that we always enjoy together. Looks like Kings Mills Antique Autos will join Scrambler and the Grand Carousel on the short list of rides my mom and I enjoy riding together!

• Like 7

Information about today's announcement and the proposed teaser posters. Please read the following KIC admin information.

The park only posted there would be an announcement today. You got a 24hrs notice. A social media invite 24 hrs in advance is not hype. By the way, did you see any other type of teasers at the announcement today?  Speaking of the teasers, anything out there has nothing to do with anyone holding an official position at Kings Island. Any posters/teasers out there that points back to Outpost 5 and Kings Island hints is creative marketing use of other CF properties. These are no hidden/intended messages about an SOB coaster. 

Lastly, this is a thread about the Kings Mills Antique Autos. Please stay on topic. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Back to the subject, I'm wondering if we'll see and Ginkgo trees while riding the cars?

I don't think we will see a return of ginko trees.  The last few remaining ones were removed earlier this year before the park opened and replaced with maple trees.  I'd conjecture this was for the WinterFest expansion as it looks like another large Christmas tree will go there.  

1 minute ago, KI Guy said:

As someone who has frequented this site since 2006, I think I can say that the vast majority of us enjoyed having Terpy on the site and miss him and his and his unique humor, wit, and sarcasm. A jerk he most definately was not.

I'm new-ish. And I thought he was a jerk. Not personally. He's probably a fine guy. Just here. On what I consider a blog. I'm probably a jerk on here, too. I just didn't like his posts. Did nothing for me.

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Holy crap I called the location a while ago! Its not exact but its darn close!

dinos land extra 2.png

Do you guys really think that the entire ride will go here? For some reason I just feel like it would feel really cramped. I think the station will go where the Dinos store was and then maybe follow the path under Racer. Then they could put the covered bridge over the maintenance road and go through part of the Dinos path. They did say there was going to be some theming and scenery so I think going back there would open up a lot more possibilities of what they could do without it feeling extremely cramped

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I'm new-ish. And I thought he was a jerk. Not personally. He's probably a fine guy. Just here. On what I consider a blog. I'm probably a jerk on here, too. I just didn't like his posts. Did nothing for me.

Why is any of this relevant to the Kings Mills Antique Rides? Wait, it's not. Your opinions, too.

9 minutes ago, nicescoot said:

Do you guys really think that the entire ride will go here? For some reason I just feel like it would feel really cramped. 

It's a lot more space when you go by it in person. Even if they keep the KillMart building.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, nicescoot said:

Do you guys really think that the entire ride will go here? For some reason I just feel like it would feel really cramped. I think the station will go where the Dinos store was and then maybe follow the path under Racer. Then they could put the covered bridge over the maintenance road and go through part of the Dinos path. They did say there was going to be some theming and scenery so I think going back there would open up a lot more possibilities of what they could do without it feeling extremely cramped

The paths are not that wide and can twist upon each other. I think it will utilize that area very well.

• Like 2

A lovely addition. I was very sad when I found out Les Taxis were being taken out in 2004, and it's a family attraction the park needed to return. I'm also thrilled that (if the location is where I think it is) park guests will actually be able to SEE and admire Racer without it being blocked by trees and mostly un-used buildings/space. Having that as a backdrop to Antique Autos should be awesome! And it still gives me hope that Racer will still get some love this off-season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm holding out hope for some rehab work on The Racer to be completed on the off season.  If it goes "in front" of the ride, The Racer will be a backdrop to the Antique car ride.  It would make the decrepit condition it is in stick out much more with the brand new Kings Mills Antique Autos right in front of it.  And The Racer was mentioned a few times during the presentation.  But, heck, I just want the Coney Mall sign back.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I am just going by that price sheet you posted (the one without any prices. <_<). 

Electrics would just sound like golf carts.  Where is the fun in that?

Also note the electrics have a separate brake pedal. 

I was also kind of disappointed that they didn’t have the prices. I’m very curious...

• Like 4

This is a good addition in my mind.  It sounds like the old Zodiac/Flight Commander space will finally be reworked after sitting (mostly) vacant for over 20 years!  

I think it will be interesting to see the area of construction in Coney Mall.  Coney Mall is my pick for the location of a future Giga, so we'll have to see if any "extra" clearing is done for a future station/queue/etc.  If anything is a trend with new coasters these days, it's that construction often starts as much as 2 years before the ride opens.  

Team Terpy.

• Like 3