Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

On 8/26/2018 at 8:41 PM, MDMC01 said:

I think that may go better in Coney than Rivertown. Or even put a slower, tamer version in Planet Snoopy.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:27 PM, upstop said:

There is an onride version. It actually moves pretty fast. But I agree that is flashy and would appear to be more like a Coney type ride.

The look in the video definitely seems as if it would fit best in Coney Mall, but you could easily theme it and make it less flashy by having fewer lights and and a different color scheme or design to fit whatever area of the park it would go into.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, purdude86 said:

The look in the video definitely seems as if it would fit best in Coney Mall, but you could easily theme it and make it less flashy by having fewer lights and and a different color scheme or design to fit whatever area of the park it would go into.

Hmmmm.... perhaps a new Drunken Barrels?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I think a Ferris wheel would fit nicely in Tower Gardens.

You are absolutely right. Tower Gardens is an even better spot than Coney Mall. I'd also like to see a flat or two return to the Oktoberfest area. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, super7 said:

Oktoberfest basically has the pirate ship and the misthemed Adventure Express.  That area needs rides more than anywhere else.  It’s very neglected. .  

Festhaus could really use an overhaul to... But I think those days are just over. Clock is gone, it has larosas and panda express (I'm not sure if the GP would even honestly spend the coin for german food if it did make a come back). I guess they did move the turkey leg stand over to that corner, but still. I see Oktoberfest disappearing before it really gets any more money.

• Like 1

For a basic eatery it is ok but it's a pale comparison to how it has been in the past. It's a German themed restaurant that currently serves Asian and Italian food. Would be nice if there was some form of German cuisine offered. Even pretzels and wurst/sausages would be fine. The broken clock would be great to have working again and better shows. It used to house much better shows than the current cover band shows they do. (I believe it even had ice shows but can't recall exactly). Some more décor inside would be appreciated too. Unfortunately as you stated it works just fine currently for an eatery and so I don't see them sinking the money into the place, and overall just don't see the Oktoberfest area getting too much attention in general but would love to be proven wrong.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I really wouldn't mind an outside chain restaurant like Long Horn come in and rent out some space from the park.  Sometimes it is nice to get away from the crowds and cool off for an hour.  

Good use for the old Crypt building!   :D

• Like 1

I’m guessing since the emphasis is on that location, the station might repupose thre Peach Basket structure for a queue cover.

Who knows. I wonder if major utilities are buried underneath the walkways of Coney Mall? That might explain some of that thought process and positioning it there.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I got a few photos last Friday if that area as well. I had no idea the Coney Mix It Up stand was built in 1975. It always looked like a new stand.

For a short time it it was a disco. Dancing was a big thing in the 70s. I don’t have pictures but there was also a small stage show there shortly before it became a food stand as well. 

• Like 2