Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

Maybe next year when Kings Mills Antique Autos open next year, they'll move the path of field of screams to where the other haunt is down the path a little. Forgive me I don't know the name of it, but it sits in the former action movie simulator ride building that used to house Days of thunder, 007: License to thrill, and Spongebob. Maybe to avoid confusion, they'll have a sign that points which direction each haunt goes. One could go to field of screams and the other could go towards the other haunt I'm trying to refer to. 

• Like 1

I'm just spit-balling here- but begin construction by the end of the month? They could conceivably construct in 60-days... are they trying to have open by Winterfest by chance?

I doubt it. I suspect it’s the whole get concrete work done before winter sets in. It’s not impossible to do in winter, but is more difficult. I am guessing the landscaping part will wait until Spring.

EDIT: More thoughts that come to mind-

They’ll need local fuel storage if the cars are gasoline. There’s an entire department that deals with just this both underground and above ground tanks. Lots of fire code items to deal with as well as the fuel itself.

Whatever maintenance area they have to build for the cars. There’s a lot that still has to happen for this ride.

While they can physically build it in a relatively short amount of time, the background stuff is going to take the longest to deal with. Employee training for this ride will be a huge deal especially if they have to hire a few small engine mechanics to keep it all running.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You know what I'm surprised we haven't seen yet? An artist rendering of how the track layout will look. Oh well I'm sure we'll find out soon.
I was thinking the same thing... they said it would have some water features and some great landscaping but have heard next to nothing about the layout

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

You know what I'm surprised we haven't seen yet? An artist rendering of how the track layout will look. Oh well I'm sure we'll find out soon.

We will not see one. The park has said there is no need for one. I personally like the mystery. We will start to see it take shape at Winterfest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Ready for the #whatsthelayout Hype Train?

Maybe a #whatsthe#$%#layout?  LOL  I will admit I am curious, as from WindSeeker view, it still does not look like much.

7 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

^ Maybe we'll hear the banjo playing too. :rolleyes:

Que the "drive faster" jokes  LOL

• Haha 1