Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

16 minutes ago, JubJester said:

@IndyGuy4KI , the link to the PDF isn't working for me. Is anyone else having the same issue?

11 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

Your not the only one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I uploaded on the back end instead of in the post. Try this.

https://kicentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/KMAA-Plans.pdf 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I like how there's going to be billboards along the route like at Cedar Point. I wonder if they're going to be nostalgic posters, easter eggs, or clues to a bigger attraction to come soon.

Marathon ads.

Fueling the American spirit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Wow! That rendering makes me so happy. Glad to see water features and bridges. As long as there is LOTS of trees and shrubbery, I will consider this a 2/10 attraction. (Will be upgraded to 10/10 when KI and CF come to their senses and give us back our eagles...) 

But seriously, great decision by KI!

Only 2 quips I have: One: I wish it were longer than 1/4 of a mile. Two: Coney Mall is going to be VERY cramped back by Vortex and WindSeeker 

• Like 4

Wow! That rendering makes me so happy. Glad to see water features and bridges. As long as there is LOTS of trees and shrubbery, I will consider this a 2/10 attraction. (Will be upgraded to 10/10 when KI and CF come to their senses and give us back our eagles...) 
But seriously, great decision by KI!

The Flying scooters have made a comeback, they’re called the Woodstock Gliders in Planet Snoopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shawn Meyer said:

It's okay. This year when Cedar Point opened that new country stage in the back of the park by Maverick, that made that path really tight too. I'm sure Cedar Fair will make sure Kings Island has plenty of space over there.

Steel Vengance plaza is insanely packed, especially when the train gates are down and everyone's like cattle in a pen.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Spectrum91 said:

The plan view the park shared may be a little confusing, so I laid it over Coney Mall's current layout and added a bit of color. Here's what the ride will look like, and a gif showing the conversion. The names for the structures pulled from the image the park shared, albeit they were a little tough to read.

v9tbprJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lA8LtMl.mp4

i fear the bottlenecks the que may cause, but time will tell

• Like 3

I would assume that is the garage/ maintenance shop for the antique cars.

I went through the entire plans and that would appear correct. There’s a full size garage door and exterior door on the end of the building that faces Racer.

Items of interest in the plans:

1.) station elevation looks amazing. It looks well themed to fit Coney Mall perfectly.

2.) There are ceiling fans in the electrical plan for the station, so you won’t roast in there.

3.) There’s a note for contractor to bid a color changing lighting package with controller for the”Gas Station” building. Maybe this will become part of the extended season rides?

4.) I didn’t see any mention of fueling the vehicles, or the items necessary to do it. There’s no listing I could find in the plans for a tank and pump setup, so that might be interesting.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I like how there's going to be billboards along the route like at Cedar Point. I wonder if they're going to be nostalgic posters, easter eggs, or clues to a bigger attraction to come soon.

Mostl likely advertisements for Skyline, Larosa’s and Graeter’s. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fyrfyter said:

The cars are going to be gas. As far as a place to work on them not sure.

I went through the entire plans and that would appear correct. There’s a full size garage door and exterior door on the end of the building that faces Racer.

Items of interest in the plans:

1.) station elevation looks amazing. It looks well themed to fit Coney Mall perfectly.

2.) There are ceiling fans in the electrical plan for the station, so you won’t roast in there.

3.) There’s a note for contractor to bid a color changing lighting package with controller for the”Gas Station” building. Maybe this will become part of the extended season rides?

4.) I didn’t see any mention of fueling the vehicles, or the items necessary to do it. There’s no listing I could find in the plans for a tank and pump setup, so that might be interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

Page 5, it is located next to the gas station.  "Fuel tank and dispenser"

• Like 1

Page 5, it is located next to the gas station.  "Fuel tank and dispenser"

I see it now. From the looks of things, it looks like there will be dispensers at the gas station. It talks about wiring for an emergency shutoff, which is a requirement for gas pumps. So the gas station will be a fuel and work space as well. Also, further review shows an all glass garage door on the front of the gas station. Maybe to give it the feel of an actual service Station?

2bb061f4ba76e49d003273bf8764d73e.jpg

55b89cb0f9df4a80bdfb56428b3d5645.jpg

5208d91c5e1ecd60a64aa96b165eef87.jpg
  • Like 4

^ The signage is so generic that it is the exact sign which is over the cars ride on the main midway at Cedar Point.

Is this the exact some ride as C.P.? If that’s the case, then a second set of updated prints is all this is. I expect KI will modify the signage to their liking. There are numerous items marked throughout the prints to consult with customer as to what they want.
  • Like 2