Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

Looks like at least one of the ride's billboards is a fun homage to a former attraction in that space, Zodiac. I wonder if the others will be similar.

Somehow, I don’t think a flight commander billboard is going to go over well...
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Since the park has shown their pictures of the new Kings Mills Antique Autos from just above the ride, I feel I can post this. Of course, I took it with my S9+ from around 600 feet in the air. 

One thing this layout does pretty much rule out would be a DA entrance for the new B&M. It's still slightly possible, but thats not the kind of chokepoint you'd expect for a new marquis ride. Now a new path that goes through the DA plot around to X-Base, could be possible though. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Since the park has shown their pictures of the new Kings Mills Antique Autos from just above the ride, I feel I can post this. Of course, I took it with my S9+ from around 600 feet in the air. LRM_EXPORT_195826384635446_20190319_150445091.jpeg

I still say the KillMart buidling would make an ideal location for an indoor dining facilty--AC in the summer, heat in the winter.  Also would be a great spot for patio dining with great views of The Racer, Zepher, and KMAA.

• Like 8

On 3/28/2019 at 12:41 AM, BeeastFarmer said:

I still say the KillMart buidling would make an ideal location for an indoor dining facilty--AC in the summer, heat in the winter.  Also would be a great spot for patio dining with great views of The Racer, Zepher, and KMAA.

Depends on if it's plumbed appropriately.

The only issue there is the diner 200’ away. They don’t need 2 restaurants that close. Now if they want to remove the diner and add another flat, I’m good with it. Maybe make an all new retro diner in the Killmart?
  • Like 1

Yes, I get the Juke Box Dinner is close. But there is no climate control eatery on the north side of the park. And on the south side, we have the Planet Snoopy Grill, Potato Works and Pizza all very close to the climate controlled eatery there. As far as plumbing, if they were to put in my idea (which I doubt would happen), they would have to do major construction. Water and sewer lines are in place since we have the diner and a restroom nearby...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, I get the Juke Box Dinner is close. But there is no climate control eatery on the north side of the park. And on the south side, we have the Planet Snoopy Grill, Potato Works and Pizza all very close to the climate controlled eatery there. As far as plumbing, if they were to put in my idea (which I doubt would happen), they would have to do major construction. Water and sewer lines are in place since we have the diner and a restroom nearby...

That’s actually the East side of the park. Coney BBQ and Festhaus would be toward the Northern Part of the park. The diner is 200’ away. Coney BBQ is 500’. I don’t think there’s enough activity to warrant said investment at that location.

I’d rather they develop the X base area first.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

That’s actually the East side of the park. Coney BBQ and Festhaus would be toward the Northern Part of the park. The diner is 200’ away. Coney BBQ is 500’. I don’t think there’s enough activity to warrant said investment at that location.

That'll be the busiest area of the park in 2020. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

I'd love to see the Kill Mart building turned into a KI museum! What a nice way to cool off or hide from the rain, right? They could even sell exclusive retro merch, or one of a kind items. Think, the prop shop at Universal.

Other than the merchandise what ROI would that actually provide? I'm all for showing off the history of the park...but I don't see the park perusing anything like a museum any time soon.

Actually northeast, or east northeast.

1 hour ago, 139Signal27 said:

I'd love to see the Kill Mart building turned into a KI museum! What a nice way to cool off or hide from the rain, right? They could even sell exclusive retro merch, or one of a kind items. Think, the prop shop at Universal.

I keep seeing all of this talk about the killmart building being re-purposed, is KillMart going away? I'll be pretty sad if it does, it was the first maze I acted in. I just feel like I'm missing something with all of this discussion about it that I keep seeing over various threads...

• Like 1

I keep seeing all of this talk about the killmart building being re-purposed, is KillMart going away? I'll be pretty sad if it does, it was the first maze I acted in. I just feel like I'm missing something with all of this discussion about it that I keep seeing over various threads...
For my part of the conversation, it's just a wish. I like the maze, but it's an eyesore during the main season, in my opinion. With KMAA going next door, the park may enhance the facade.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

Other than the merchandise what ROI would that actually provide? I'm all for showing off the history of the park...but I don't see the park perusing anything like a museum any time soon.

It's an opportunity to diversify the experience -- giving non-riders more to do, and providing an opportunity to escape from the weather. Plenty of parks, even some Cedar Fair parks, have in park museums. (No trip to Dollywood is complete without a walk through of the Dolly Parton Museum!) It wouldn't be the headlining capital expenditure, but it also wouldn't cost $30 million. If this year is to be a model, not everything has to have a direct ROI. Sometimes, just improving the overall experience is enough.

As for KillMart, the maze could be moved to the other side of Action Theater, or a permanent building for the maze could be built right behind the current building (out of guest view might I add).

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 12:41 AM, BeeastFarmer said:

I love this Idea, Jukebox is an eyesore at this point.

Does anyone else find it interesting that there is only one side to the station? I mean this as in loading and unloading will probably occur on the same side. My only experience with antique cars is at Cedar Point where you enter and exit on opposite sides so that's why I'm curious 

• Like 2