Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

2 hours ago, nicescoot said:

Does anyone else find it interesting that there is only one side to the station? I mean this as in loading and unloading will probably occur on the same side. My only experience with antique cars is at Cedar Point where you enter and exit on opposite sides so that's why I'm curious 

The Cadillac Cars at Cedar Point near the front of the park have you enter and exit from the same side of the station.

• Like 2

The old Antique Cars you enter and exited on the same side.  You'll likely get off when you first pull into the station and an associate will pull the car forward to the load position.  Nothing to worry about.  This thing is going to be a capacity nightmare anyways.

• Like 1

The newish tiques at Valley fair has a similar loading station and even route (or at least compactness of the route) and I thought it worked well.  I doubt we ever see this type of ride take up the space of the original ride going forward.  The original tiques took up a ton of real estate.  I liked the ones at Valley Fair, had my 7 year old (at the time) drive me and his younger sister around, it was a hoot seeing how cautious and serious he took it.  Cautious and serious are not things typically associated with him.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2019 at 10:21 AM, TombraiderTy said:

Looks like at least one of the ride's billboards is a fun homage to a former attraction in that space, Zodiac. I wonder if the others will be similar.

Anyone Else Love A Good Easter Egg? ;)

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:52 AM, teenageninja said:

The old Antique Cars you enter and exited on the same side.  You'll likely get off when you first pull into the station and an associate will pull the car forward to the load position.  Nothing to worry about.  This thing is going to be a capacity nightmare anyways.

Did you?  I seem to remember getting off on the opposite side, and there was a big white staircase.  You'd walk up the stairs, over the tracks and back down again to go out the exit.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MonteCristo said:

Did you?  I seem to remember getting off on the opposite side, and there was a big white staircase.  You'd walk up the stairs, over the tracks and back down again to go out the exit.  

You enter the station for those cars in Frontier Town by crossing over the tracks on the stair case and exit the station on the opposite side of which you enter. 

The cars at the front of the park, you enter and exit from the same side of the station. You have a ride associate drive your vehicle from the stop sign to where they need it to go before exiting out of the station. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MonteCristo said:

You're correct; guests originally entered and exited the same side, but the park added staircases to both stations for the 1973 season.

Here's a fall 1972 shot, showing construction of the staircases (photo courtesy eBay user momthrewitaway)

JI1PfK3.jpg

And completed staircases in 1973 (photo courtesy flickr user tshiverd)

eEPCoo7.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MonteCristo said:

I am sooooo sorry! I swore we were talking about the ones at Cedar Point!! My bad...you are correct :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

I am sooooo sorry! I swore we were talking about the ones at Cedar Point!! My bad...you are correct :)

Haha No reason to be sorry.  It just as easily could have gone the other way.  Not everything I think I remember, do I always remember correctly  :)  

• Haha 1

The whole Gas Station/Service Building looks awesome! The old style gas pumps with the Zodiac sign, with the spin in the background. Finally! Another fully themed ride. Now they just have to maintain it and keep it looking good. I noticed the bushes and trees that they did put in which will survive the Cincinnati weather just fine. When those get a few years growth, they will be perfect.

• Like 2

As an associate, I got the chance to take a spin on Kings Mills Antique Autos (twice) on Sunday. It's beautifully landscaped and the billboards are a great touch. It really livens that back area of Coney Mall up! A beautiful addition that will enjoyed by people for many years to come.

• Like 9

21 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

As an associate, I got the chance to take a spin on Kings Mills Antique Autos (twice) on Sunday. It's beautifully landscaped and the billboards are a great touch. It really livens that back area of Coney Mall up! A beautiful addition that will enjoyed by people for many years to come.

So excited can't wait!! Are you working the Autos for this year?

• Like 1

Said on a piece on Channel 12 news that each car has a different license plate, and each plate references either a current or former ride in code.  The one they showed this morning (car 12) had the license plate WWC ???  Can't recall the 3 numbers, and Chad didn't explain that part until after they showed the plate, but obviously WWC is a reference to White Water Canyon and I assume the 3 numbers after it reference some sort of date or length or something to do with the ride.  That will make for a fun trip each time thru.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, medford said:

Said on a piece on Channel 12 news that each car has a different license plate, and each plate references either a current or former ride in code.  The one they showed this morning (car 12) had the license plate WWC ???  Can't recall the 3 numbers, and Chad didn't explain that part until after they showed the plate, but obviously WWC is a reference to White Water Canyon and I assume the 3 numbers after it reference some sort of date or length or something to do with the ride.  That will make for a fun trip each time thru.

Yep the numbers are the date the ride opened. I’ve seen one for The Beast, Invertigo & Delirium. Pretty cool Easter egg  

• Thanks 1

It does look a bit bare now, but I imagine it'll start to look even better when all the foliage starts to grow in.  

Also a very minor tidbit- I wish they would have gone with a bit of a Victorian design for the station like its predecessor, but otherwise, it still all looks great as is.

• Like 2

Got 2 rides in this morning during ERT.  Fantastic addition to the park!!!  It was a blast having our boys drive us around the first time through :)  While I do miss the location of the original Antique Cars, and I really wasn't too sure what to expect with the smaller space, KI made use of every single bit of area they had to work with.  Amazing theming, license plates were a nice touch.  Also, I was blown away with what was done with the Kill Mart building!!!  I won't say anything about it, but it adds a bunch to the area.

All in all, well done KI!!!!!

DE22F2DC-812D-49CA-AFCC-6C59ABB945A6.jpeg

9A8E0450-76E7-45E0-B591-27EDB58C4A0A.jpeg

• Like 2

They did an excellent job with the space this ride is limited to.   THIS is the kind of theming we expect at these parks.  Not over-the-top Disney type of theming, but nice touches that fit the overall theme and give you something to look at and make you feel good.

• Like 2