Kings Island Announces Kings Mills Antique Autos for 2019!

After wanting the antiques to come back to the park since I started coming back regularly in 2007, I was very happy to see the finished product.  I took a ride on Saturday and feel that the length of the ride was appropriate.  The nods to past attractions were all great and the re-do of the Killmart building may have the biggest surprise for me all day.  It took what was a barren dull area of the park and made it feel alive again.  The Killmart re-do was Dollywood-esque in its execution (and that is high praise).  It was great to see the small kids getting to drive the cars and their parents and grandparents being happy to ride with them.  While I love coasters, the park was smart to add something that everyone can do and hopefully they look to continue flesh out the flat ride collection in future years.

• Like 7

On 4/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, KIghostguy said:

How we're these videos take on Sunday? The park was closed to the public for Easter? Also how did they find time to shoot this video with the sun out? Saturday(opening day) was cool and rainy.

17 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

How we're these videos take on Sunday? The park was closed to the public for Easter? Also how did they find time to shoot this video with the sun out? Saturday(opening day) was cool and rainy.

The post was written Friday, April 19. The Sunday before that was April 14, which was Dry Run Day for associates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Nice! Great theming!

Also, I was going through this thread and I just now realized why there is a seemingly "random" blacktop path near the Rivertown restrooms* (where Backlot's switchbacks are visible)... based on the picture of the original Antique Cars, I think that's a remnant from back in the day as it looks like the Rivertown station is in that general area.

*for those who don't know what I'm talking about, if walking towards Rivertown LaRosas and Diamondback's splashdown is on your left, it is a tiny blacktop path that goes upwards and to the left (in the direction of Backlot Stunt Coaster). If someone who knows what I'm talking about can post a picture, that would be fantastic (or we can see it whenever KI opens back up).

• Like 1